Extremely Long Queue Times

19 replies to this topic

#1 mostnotweak

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

Anyone else experiencing extremely long queue times tonight? No matter which type of mech I select it's taking 5-10 minutes to find a match. What's up?

#2 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:38 PM

View Postmostnotweak, on 23 March 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:

Anyone else experiencing extremely long queue times tonight? No matter which type of mech I select it's taking 5-10 minutes to find a match. What's up?
Two possible reasons (or a mixture of both) I can think of:1. The game lost too many players and a critical mass is reached2. The lopsided heavy queue causes trouble for the matchmaker

#3 Purger of Man

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:54 PM

Yeah I've noticed it has been a tad sluggish of late, so it's not just you, though I'd dread a 5-10 minute wait :mellow:

#4 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:10 AM

I played a couple of games recently, but the wait time was too long, and rather than die of boredom I went and played some other game instead.

#5 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:30 AM

I was getting pretty quick matching (usually) in a light as of ~1hr ago.

#6 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,952 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:40 AM

Heavy que has been a long wait since the Timberwolf was released, then even longer now that the Hellbringer came out for CB.

Unless its peak traffic time, you're in for a long long wait if you try to drop in a heavy.

Mediums and lights are almost always near instant games lately, assaults a little longer, and heavies will take forever.

#7 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:45 AM

This is why I have not yet worked on my grasshoppers, about 1 - 2 more games and the ZEUS will be mastered and I hope the heavy queue clears out soon. I am praying for an XPx2 weekend for lights.

#8 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:46 AM

yeah i'm waiting 5+ mins playing assault even when assaults are at 15% in queue. I wouldn't count on those queue numbers too much.

#9 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:52 AM

View PostMister D, on 24 March 2015 - 03:40 AM, said:

Heavy que has been a long wait since the Timberwolf was released, then even longer now that the Hellbringer came out for CB.

Unless its peak traffic time, you're in for a long long wait if you try to drop in a heavy.

Mediums and lights are almost always near instant games lately, assaults a little longer, and heavies will take forever.

Heavy queue is usually LONGER ... but in my experience not long. Usually, in lights I get a match in less than 30 seconds, a medium is 30 seconds to a minute, and heavies can be anywhere in the 30 seconds to 3 minutes time frame. I haven't had to wait 5 to 10 minutes in the heavy solo queue ever.

However, I may well be in a different Elo bracket which will also affect queue times.

As for having more heavies ... the matchmaker adapts by making some number of matches more in proportion to the input queues so instead of 3/3/3/3 L/M/H/A .. it might do 2/3/4/3 or 1/3/5/3 or 2/2/5/3 etc

However, as far as I know the maximum it is set to go to is something like 5 or 6 of any one weight class ... if this is the case and one queue is consistently more than 50% of the input then there CAN be much longer queue times.

Edited by Mawai, 24 March 2015 - 03:53 AM.

#10 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:57 AM

I've been leveling my Panthers and Enforcers. < 30 second wait time.

Everyone runs heavies. Try something else occasionally and enjoy the instant games.

#11 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:59 AM

Only in the CW Que. But that is to be expected for now.

#12 Duymon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:01 AM

light and medium pilots are loving the queue. It's never over 15-20% for me

#13 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:52 AM

View PostDuymon, on 24 March 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

light and medium pilots are loving the queue. It's never over 15-20% for me

Unfortunately that isn't always the case, lower percent doesn't often enough guarantee less queue time.

#14 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:14 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 24 March 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

Unfortunately that isn't always the case, lower percent doesn't often enough guarantee less queue time.

Trend definitely swings toward the lower percentages, though. Gotta like the odds when only 4 percent of the population is queued up in lights.

#15 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

I play lights and i get into a match in under a minute.

#16 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,952 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

I tried CW again yesterday, solo.

Sat there for 10 minutes on the most populated planet, and sat there, and sat there.

I gave up, tried it again about an hour later, and sat there, and sat there.

Went to pubque for normal games, within 15 seconds I was in a game..

CW always like that?

#17 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:32 AM

View PostMister D, on 24 March 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

I tried CW again yesterday, solo.

Sat there for 10 minutes on the most populated planet, and sat there, and sat there.

I gave up, tried it again about an hour later, and sat there, and sat there.

Went to pubque for normal games, within 15 seconds I was in a game..

CW always like that?

Not if you are in a group, 8 to 12 man teams generally do not wait long if you have enough defenders or attackers. Maybe the queue is not working well or has troubles combining teams from solo players and grouped up playes.

As for regular public queue. I noticed a longer than average queue time even on a light or medium last few days too. I would be playing another game instead of waiting for almost as long as a match takes to complete

#18 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:35 AM

Didn't have that problem last night. I had some longer queue times when I had a heavy ready and was looking for a game in only one game mode (was finishing up Skirmish Lucky Charms, then went to Conquest which nobody plays). I never had a queue wait longer than 3-4 minutes, I was timing it.

Also, the heavy queue was jammed at 40% or more no matter what game mode I had selected. I'm not sure if the percentages shown in game reflect game mode selection.

#19 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:42 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 March 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

Only in the CW Que. But that is to be expected for now.

Yeah, I don't find queues any different. Though I have all game modes (or conquest de-selected if I'm riding a slow assault) selected. The only times I experience really long queues are the few times I only have one game mode selected, and usually that's a hold over from a TS Tuesday thing where we're attempting to sync in a specific game mode for an event.

#20 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:47 AM

View PostMister D, on 24 March 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

CW always like that?

Only queue on planets that have people filling up the current drop. If you just sit in an empty queue, you're going to be sitting a long time. Take advantage of the tools PGI have put in showing current planet drop population. I've been PUG'ing CW lately, and most of my drops are within a minute or two.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users