Get 1 of 5 free Crysis Warhead copies to play MW:LL [only till 20:00 GMT+1 today]

38 replies to this topic

#21 Moppelkotze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationRuhrgebiet, Deutschland

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

I'm very sorry but not all of the winners could get a copy as they didn't send the emailaddress.

#22 John Maynard

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

Hey thanks a lot, that's just awesome! I will definatley play MW:LL whithin the next few days!
We'll see each other on the Battlefield!

#23 Moppelkotze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

I don't know what valve has done. I'm pretty sure the countdown was on 30 hours when I started the thread so it should have run out at 20:00 this evening but it did before. :)

#24 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

uggggg. The sale ran out. Was about to gift a few copies as well. Great idea OP.

The MW:LL mod is fantastic . Relatively easy to learn the basics, very hard to master. Still worth the $19.99 price tag for Crysis Warhead. Jump on Youtube and search for the Mechwarrior Living Legends open merc night videos. GREAT stuff.

#25 Andrew Harvey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCornfield, Indiana

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

View PostMoppelkotze, on 27 November 2011 - 03:30 AM, said:

You love MechWarrior? You want to play MechWarrior: Living Legends?

I give away a total of 5 copies of Crysis Warhead via Steam.

What do you have to do to be a chosen one?
- write here why you should get a copy
- promise to give MW:LL a try
- you will need a steam account (which is free)
- you have to send me your emailadress via pm [so I can gift you the game] because the deal is limited and ending soon [your pms and emailadresses will be deleted, not sold or be given to anyone except steam if you are a winner]

Be fast as the last possible entry is today in 6.5 hours [20:00 GMT+1]

Good luck! The 5 winners will be chosen by me. Their MWO nicknames will be published in this thread.

Your charity has inspired me. I still need to get it myself, but I'm sure Crysis:Warhead will be on sale again sometime around Christmas, possibly for even less than it was this time. Depending on the price, I'll buy at least 5 copies to gift to deserving folks interested in playing MW:LL on or around Christmas Day.

I wonder how easy is it to mod C:W when you have it on Steam though. Probably just a different folder right?

#26 Floge

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationBollebygd , Sweden

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:36 AM

Well i was one of the lucky ones to recieve a copy... Got crysis up a and running but i cant seem to get MW:LL to work whatever i try.
Following the installaition guide on MW:LL homepage was fail from the start since i cant seem to downloead the client they are refeering to.

So i tried using th 0.5 beta installer and thats not working for me either....

A mod this good shouldnt be sooo hard to install.

Ohh i am running an Win7X64Ultimate X58 chipset and I7 930 and using a Ati 5870.

#27 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

Congratulations to winners and better luck next time for everyone else! ;)

#28 Moppelkotze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:59 AM

View PostFloge, on 29 November 2011 - 08:36 AM, said:

Well i was one of the lucky ones to recieve a copy... Got crysis up a and running but i cant seem to get MW:LL to work whatever i try.
Following the installaition guide on MW:LL homepage was fail from the start since i cant seem to downloead the client they are refeering to.

Ohh i am running an Win7X64Ultimate X58 chipset and I7 930 and using a Ati 5870.

You seem to be one of the unlucky guys. It works for me perfectly - just had to execute the
vcredist_x64_2005_KB2538242.exe one after the update to 0.52.

#29 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

View PostFloge, on 29 November 2011 - 08:36 AM, said:

Yeah it's a bit odd on the page, use the link to save the download client directly

http://www.mwlldownl...-Full-0.5.0.exe

Use the install wiki page after that

Edited by SquareSphere, 29 November 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#30 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

A friend and I are both having a bizarre problem with MWLL's installer/launcher.

Whenever I open the launcher, it bugs me to update the MWLL tools to version 0.12.1128.248, and when I click Start downloading, it downloads 3.84mb, says the update has been installed successfully... and then bugs me to update again, as if it didn't install at all (or the game doesn't realize it did).

I can't even find mention of it doing a Google search; Any ideas?

#31 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

View PostCatamount, on 29 November 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

A friend and I are both having a bizarre problem with MWLL's installer/launcher.

Whenever I open the launcher, it bugs me to update the MWLL tools to version 0.12.1128.248, and when I click Start downloading, it downloads 3.84mb, says the update has been installed successfully... and then bugs me to update again, as if it didn't install at all (or the game doesn't realize it did).

I can't even find mention of it doing a Google search; Any ideas?

As long as you've patched up to that point, dont worry about installing the MWLL tools. Its not working for alot of people. They pushed that out yesterday. You don't need it to play.

#32 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, the game works for the moment, so that's what matters; thanks

So, can't wait to see you guys. Any of you going to be using different names?

Edited by Catamount, 29 November 2011 - 08:10 PM.

#33 KnowBuddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

Super cool idea. Many thanks to the OP for the generosity and inspiration! Looking forward to seeing all the new people under my reticule!

#34 Snow Gibbon

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:37 AM

An EXCELLENT idea I must add.

If you new cadets want a little chit - chat and tips with a few hardened veterans the TS3 Outreach Comms Hub is free for every MWLL Mechjock:

Address is: ts9.gameservers.com
Port: 9144

#35 Vergial

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

I'd rather if someone other than myself won, but I have to admit, having a Steam MW:LL would be absolutely awesome.

I'm currently stuck with the current Crysis 1 CD + MW:LL, problem there being that Crysis is my BROTHER'S. XD

Having already played MW:LL for some time, I can vouch for it's solid level of LIQUID AWESOME.

But still. If I get picked, I will be thrilled. If someone else is picked, our community will grow. So it's a win either way for me.

EDIT: Didn't notice it was already the first of Dec. Having a rough day, sorry there. <.<

Edited by Vergial, 01 December 2011 - 04:53 AM.

#36 Gunthar

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAtlantic Canada

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

I was a lucky winner of a copy and after a few days of issues getting it to work, I've now jumped into some games finally.

I had the Steam CD key issue which i had to fix first of all to get my copy to work online but worked thru that issue and got Wars working for online.

Then i had an issue with the .53 MWLL installer and couldn't get it to download the full install. I found a torrent for .50 and then used the updater to patch it up to .53 and i was finally good to go.

A lot of work to get it to work finally but i've been a beta tester for the Mektek Mekpaks for MW4 for years so i'm used to patching my mech games a lot.

Thanks for a copy Moppelkotze.

#37 Drogo-MA

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

well I got in late to receive this....I hope I still make it.....if I do, thanks good sir. very kind and generous. This Canadian is grateful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users