Hey Guys Lets Talk A Bit About Clan Balance

197 replies to this topic

#81 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

My position is: who says there needs to be balance?

In WW2, the German tanks were far superior to the Americans. I think the Japanese Zero's were also OP compared to their America counterparts. We still beat them back to their original borders.

So as IS, I'm perfectly fine with Clan being OP (assuming that's so). We'll just have to work harder.

If it comes down to a choice between distinctive differences and balance, I would prefer the former.

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 28 March 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#82 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostSarevos, on 28 March 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

Thanks for SS.

Yea but they seem like a more disorganized group do you have an SS from your team vs a solid enemy team? We also cant see the mech specs you went against sadly flaw with the scoreboard I know.

also if your team work is better of course you will win. Do you have solo drops you can recount?

I usually see the exact opposite a solid alpha hits from my TBR-C at 58 which will strip a torso to internals after that you just cycle fire into the hole and hes done i may lose an st in this exchange if I dont twist properly and am a total derp but the fight can often be over before he lands god help him if I have cool run

hmm actually we may be arguing based on skill vs skill of opponents

Glad you asked

That was a 240 ton deck (pre-250) so most likely MPL -5SS/ER-PPC/mlas -9S, DRG-1n (AC5 duh, and either a hunch -4G or Yen-Lo.

If I remember right.

Posted Image

Turns out that I do.

Edited by Yokaiko, 28 March 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#83 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 28 March 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

My position is: who says there needs to be balance?

In WW2, the German tanks were far superior to the Americans. I think the Japanese Zero's were also OP compared to their America counterparts. We still beat them back to their original borders.

So as IS, I'm perfectly fine with Clan being OP (assuming that's so). We'll just have to work harder.

If it comes down to a choice between distinctive differences and balance, I would prefer the former.

The issue is that since you are number matched there better be balance. Asmetric balacnce falls around in essentially a number match area shooter.

#84 Sarevos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

View PostYokaiko, on 28 March 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Glad you asked

That was a 240 ton deck (pre-250) so most likely MPL -5SS/ER-PPC/mlas -9S, DRG-1n (AC5 duh, and either a hunch -4G or Yen-Lo.

If I remember right.

Posted Image

Turns out that I do.

Well thats match point on that one then. It says atleast the game can be won.

#85 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

View PostYokaiko, on 28 March 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Glad you asked

If I remember right.

Posted Image

Turns out that I do.

I remember that match! It was one of the few times I've been in a mish mash group and came out on top of an 8+ group. I did all my work in Panther 9R and Panther 10k. Rest of my Deck is a Zeus and a Grasshopper. Pushing the resistance theme hard.

Edited by Mirumoto Izanami, 28 March 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#86 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostSarevos, on 28 March 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

Well thats match point on that one then. It says atleast the game can be won.

You have to note that an entire lance on our side did 2000 damage.

View PostMirumoto Izanami, on 28 March 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

I remember that match! It was one of the few times I've been in a mish mash group and came out on top of an 8+ group. I did all my work in Panther 9R and Panther 10k.

You win some you lose some, our unit has lost to pugs like everyone elses.

Edited by Yokaiko, 28 March 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#87 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 28 March 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

Oh vs The Standard laser vommit 2 LPL 4 er-mals timber

Thud -5SS and you can't argue that it doesn't out tank and out DPS a Timber, best it does both, with a faster cycle, and equal alpha.
Grasshopper -5J x4 mpl x2 LPL, same speed, jumps gives up 4 alpha to the Timber on the LPLs, just have to go balls deep and roll 250XL and swing
I also have a 7mpl Standard engine brawly hopper but it not quite ready for prime time, not used to it yet.
vs the Average x2 er-llas and quad er-mals
Wolverine -6K and Enforcer -4R are both x3 llas and x2 mlas, after the quirkaning you can match a Stomrcrow in raw damage, the Enforcer has JJS, runs around 93 both are 37 point alphas with range heat and burn quirks, just if you can keep the arm they will outpoke a Stormcrow in the midrange.

The XLs are made up for in sustained firepower, and lack of heat.

I've never come close to that game on the clan side.

The 5SS is heavily outranged by a laser vomit TW and has ~12 less points of damage than a laser vomit TW. I can't think of one that only has a 42 alpha. It's also slower, which is more noticeable in accel/decel rather than top speed itself.

The 5J is again heavily outranged. It also has a worse model, and if you're sticking in an XL there's no comparison between it and a Stormcrow.

The Wolverine and Enforcer are both limited to corner peeking, while the Stormcrow can use hills as well. There's no reason for a Stormcrow to ever get outpoked by either. There's also the survivability issue since both are single arm oriented mechs.

#88 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

Sorry. Atm the IS mechs are stronger. The range Advantage of Clans is a lie. No Clan ERL has 911/1822m range!

Dropdeck: 2 THunderbolt 5SS 1 Stalker 4N 1 Raven.....So what? Heat better than Clan. Armor better..range better...what do IS want. An autowin bottom?

#89 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 28 March 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

You have to note that an entire lance on our side did 1000 damage.

You win some you lose some, our unit has lost to pugs like everyone elses.

No no you win that one. It says alot about your individual skills as well. Hmm I've just found Clan mechs incredibly powerful in my hands. I do much better in them than some of my favorite IS chassis like my STK-4N and Grid-Iron post machine gauss buff.

Im just pleasantly surprised someone is actually trying to prove me wrong from your side because even I felt they were too good

#90 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 28 March 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Sorry. Atm the IS mechs are stronger. The range Advantage of Clans is a lie. No Clan ERL has 911/1822m range!

Dropdeck: 2 THunderbolt 5SS 1 Stalker 4N 1 Raven.....So what? Heat better than Clan. Armor better..range better...what do IS want. An autowin bottom?

What mech in that drop deck has a 911m range?

#91 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 28 March 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Thats what I want to know lol! need some of those

#92 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 28 March 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

I think he's talking about putting er larges on the Thud 5SS. 25% range quirk and range module. I've seen it in action in CW and not impressed, save for certain parts of Vault. Thunderwub in all other cases is more threatening.

#93 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostMirumoto Izanami, on 28 March 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

I think he's talking about putting er larges on the Thud 5SS. 25% range quirk and range module. I've seen it in action in CW and not impressed, save for certain parts of Vault. Thunderwub in all other cases is more threatening.

I guess you can do that... but that has max around 7DPS, and it doesn't really have a high alpha to compensate. Literally half of a laser Timber or a Stalker. It's also wasted cooling, and if you go to 4 ERLLs you're running into ghost heat so it scales terribly. It'll still lose trades against bigger mechs pretty consistently.

#94 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 28 March 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

The 5SS is heavily outranged by a laser vomit TW and has ~12 less points of damage than a laser vomit TW. I can't think of one that only has a 42 alpha. It's also slower, which is more noticeable in accel/decel rather than top speed itself.

The 5J is again heavily outranged. It also has a worse model, and if you're sticking in an XL there's no comparison between it and a Stormcrow.

The Wolverine and Enforcer are both limited to corner peeking, while the Stormcrow can use hills as well. There's no reason for a Stormcrow to ever get outpoked by either. There's also the survivability issue since both are single arm oriented mechs.

Yeah

Posted Image

The last mech in that match was a Thunderwubber, I had 300 damage when I dropped with it, because I kept dieing herding cats (literally died twice to typing). Pretty terrible game really. Team pulled through it wasn't ever really a close game.

900 damage 4 kills one mech.

CLANs are obviously OP.

Personally I measure effectiveness as did I get 4 kills? Yes. Good, I took out as many of them as I should be required to as a baseline.

Edited by Yokaiko, 28 March 2015 - 01:11 PM.

#95 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

Trade on Boreal? Thx to cooldown quicks and modules..3 ERLL are enough. Clans can just shoot 2 without Ghostheat.

#96 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 28 March 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Yeah

The last mech in that match was a Thunderwubber, I had 300 damage when I dropped with it, because I kept dieing herding cats (literally died twice to typing). Pretty terrible game really. Team pulled through it wasn't ever really a close game.

900 damage 4 kills one mech.

CLANs are obviously OP.

Personally I measure effectiveness as did I get 4 kills? Yes. Good, I took out as many of them as I should be required to as a baseline.

Linking match screenshots is pointless. Everyone has screenshots of them performing well.

#97 Star Trek

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

lmao at clanners complaining about IS mechs when they run garbage mechs and haven't even heard of clan gauss.

1 Gauss + 2PPC/2LPL TBR
3 WHATEVER, lol SCR

there's your dropship. stop running trash mechs

Edited by Star Trek, 28 March 2015 - 01:29 PM.

#98 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 28 March 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

Linking match screenshots is pointless. Everyone has screenshots of them performing well.

That was a pretty bad game

This is a good one.

Posted Image

View PostStar Trek, on 28 March 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

lmao at clanners complaining about IS mechs when they run garbage mechs and haven't even heard of clan gauss.

1 Gauss + 2PPC/2LPL TBR
3 WHATVER, lol SCR

there's your dropship. stop running trash mechs

Clan guass has its own issues.

Starting with the fact that currently its bugged an bypassing case, so you can't torso mount it because when the guass goes up the mech goes bye bye.

Just saying.

#99 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 28 March 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

I don't.
Because i'm bad.

#100 Star Trek

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 28 March 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Clan guass has its own issues.

Starting with the fact that currently its bugged an bypassing case, so you can't torso mount it because when the guass goes up the mech goes bye bye.

Just saying.

oh noooooo your free CASE has a minor bug. that totally makes up for the fact that the best weapon in the game only weighs 12 tons

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users