78 replies to this topic

#61 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 30 March 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

While I would agree, the small/slim profile helps continue the feeling of "tanky" because it isn't as easy to hit as some of the other designs. It also benefits greatly from being able to abuse the 40% damage reduction on transfer from a destroyed section as good as any humanoid can.

I'm pretty confident I can do exactly that in the WHK-C once I own it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

View PostTaemien, on 29 March 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

You make this post as if the Federated Suns has a foothold in the Pentagon Worlds. Take a look at the map. If its all Clan pilots in trials.. then they must not be doing terrible in them. Quite the opposite in fact. Something must be working.

Clans -44 planets over the weekend...

View PostUltimatum X, on 30 March 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not with -20% speed and +20% heat on ST less you cannot...

#63 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostGyrok, on 30 March 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

Clans -44 planets over the weekend...

How many of those planets were originally Clan to begin with?

Exactly.

Now you know what it was like to be a Fraggle from December to March. The IS has finally stopped and started to reverse months of constant Clan gains, and you're begging for even more crutches?

#64 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

Summoner. Laser nipples.

I rest my case

#65 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

crackpipe down

#66 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

View PostGyrok, on 30 March 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

LOL @ STK counter TWs.

No...just flat out no.

If you put a any mech in a position where any other mech has to cover open ground to reach him...game over for that mech before it even started....

You must be trolling.

FTFY. Bad player playing mech badly is going to die. Why are you charging ANYONE over open ground?

#67 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,669 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 30 March 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

For some reason I was thinking it was worse than that, but it isn't really that bad. Though the low arm mounts remain a problem, same with the lack of a way to asymmetrically mix energy and ballistic as well as the Misery (until we get the D variant that is).

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 30 March 2015 - 11:24 AM.

#68 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostBlueduck, on 29 March 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

You can cut down on the weapons. Probably the best example of this is a 4 er large laser timberwolf. He still does not compete with the large laser stalker in terms of sustained fire.

It really is an issue of the perks allowing for a sustained laser barrage.

All I am saying is it would be nice to perk out the warhawk as an example so you have a roughly equivalent 85 tonner capable of doing continual volleys like the stalker or tbolt can.

The stalker 4N has great quirks but its ability to deal out sustained fire is not just quirk based. Its also not an Alpha beast like everyone thinks. I have one, though I have upgraded to a STD 300, by time I stuck in 6 LL and all the double heatsinks it can take with the stock engine I was only at 78 tons, heat of 1.12.

Most maps 1 alpha has you sizzling like bacon (2As on any map). Its the nature of the LL that chain fired or in groups of 3 they have very low heat for size. I run mine group 1 all 6 on chain group 2 alpha and groups 3 and 4 get 3 each.
On chainfire on Terra Therma I can go sustained for 28 sec before it boils, 1 alpha and Im shut down for a good sec with torso damage.

When a 4N comes by and roasts you and your whole lance don't chock it up to the STK GODPOWER, its a difficult boat to fight lengthy engagements in, that guy had a lot of skill.

Edited by Tractor Joe, 30 March 2015 - 11:47 AM.

#69 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 30 March 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

For some reason I was thinking it was worse than that, but it isn't really that bad. Though the low arm mounts remain a problem, same with the lack of a way to asymmetrically mix energy and ballistic as well as the Misery (until we get the D variant that is).

Most people, not you specifically, think its worse than that because people keep saying it's worse than that.

Honestly I think its one of those things that just gets repeated, because someone else repeated it.

What the Warhawk is, is limited in options - but the few builds it can do, it does very well.

View PostGyrok, on 30 March 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

Not with -20% speed and +20% heat on ST less you cannot...

That's the price I'll pay for going 71kph in an engine that only weighs 20 tons - less than a 275STD, and the ability to mount 28 Dual Heat Sinks.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 30 March 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#70 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

The Clans have enough energy going on, it needs more useful ballistics.

I actually think the Clan needs ballistics buff quirks on a per chassis basis.

Because of the Dire Wolf, ballistics really can't see much in the way of general buffs, but good buffs for specific chassis such as lower ultra jam chance, faster velocity, tighter ultra round groupings, tighter LBX spread, etc... Should be applied on a per chassis or omnipod basis to add some variety other than laser vomit.

#71 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

Direwolf, Timber and Crow? Tier 1, quirks not required. (the direwolf itself is tier 1, even if taking it in CW means you have to take FAR worse mechs than the stormcrow to make your tonnage)

Wubhawk is a lot of fun, but I could see it getting some Tier 2 energy quirks.

Gargle, Ice Ferret and Nova? Give 'em some love and Tier 3 quirks.

Suckonner, Badder, MissedLynx...PGI should quirk those things into next week with some Tier 4 quirks; they suck.

Balance-wise, competitive teams are putting Stormcrows and Timbers up against quirked, niche built IS mechs...and frankly I think things are pretty even.

But the Clans need their crap mechs to get a quirk pass...especially since their variety, overall, is still smaller than the IS.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 30 March 2015 - 11:43 AM.

#72 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 30 March 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

FTFY. Bad player playing mech badly is going to die. Why are you charging ANYONE over open ground?

Not an issue against double 20 jagers, 5SS pulse boats, and unless a very good shot, the DRG is not muc of a concern.

The only ones to worry about are the 9S, 4N, WVR 6K, BLR ERLL boats and 5SS ERLL boats

View PostGhost Badger, on 30 March 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

Direwolf, Timber and Crow? Tier 1, quirks not required. (the direwolf itself is tier 1, even if taking it in CW means you have to take FAR worse mechs than the stormcrow to make your tonnage)

Suckonner, Badder, MissedLynx...PGI should quirk those things into next week with some Tier 4 quirks; they suck.

Balance-wise, competitive teams are putting Stormcrows and Timbers up against quirked IS mechs...and frankly I think things are pretty even.

But the Clans need their crap mechs to get a quirk pass...especially since their variety, overall, is still smaller than the IS.

I agree with this assessment, though, I would say giving the DW a tiny boost torso turn rate and perhaps 5% greater twist range would be fair.

#73 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

View PostGyrok, on 30 March 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

Not an issue against double 20 jagers, 5SS pulse boats, and unless a very good shot, the DRG is not muc of a concern.

The only ones to worry about are the 9S, 4N, WVR 6K, BLR ERLL boats and 5SS ERLL boats

Boomjagers should NEVER be a concern. One alpha from a TW into a side torso and they're gone, lol.

The 9S? Not that big a deal since the nerf.

BLR-1S ERLL Boats, the STK-4N LL boat and the 5SS ERLL boat (rarely seen, because we love wub)...yeah, they have good range. I'm sorry you can't outrange EVERY single IS mech with your Clan ERLL. I'm sorry that, in some situations, you need to close the distance instead of playing peekaboo EVERY time.

For what it's worth, 2 ERLL and 5 ML on a Timberwolf WILL out-trade that Stalker, Thunderbolt or Battlemaster if you close to 600m instead of playing at the 800+ range.

#74 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 30 March 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

Balance-wise, competitive teams are putting Stormcrows and Timbers up against quirked, niche built IS mechs...and frankly I think things are pretty even.

In the unrestricted drop tournaments that I've been watching, competitive teams are putting T1 Clan mechs against T1 Clan mechs (with TBR, HBR & SCR being the most prevalent), backed up by FS9-A, FS9-S or RVN-2X depending on the drop.

In drops with restrictions, or specific map scenarios mechs like the 4N seem to make a showing.

#75 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 30 March 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

Boomjagers should NEVER be a concern. One alpha from a TW into a side torso and they're gone, lol.

The 9S? Not that big a deal since the nerf.

BLR-1S ERLL Boats, the STK-4N LL boat and the 5SS ERLL boat (rarely seen, because we love wub)...yeah, they have good range. I'm sorry you can't outrange EVERY single IS mech with your Clan ERLL. I'm sorry that, in some situations, you need to close the distance instead of playing peekaboo EVERY time.

For what it's worth, 2 ERLL and 5 ML on a Timberwolf WILL out-trade that Stalker, Thunderbolt or Battlemaster if you close to 600m instead of playing at the 800+ range.

Actually, if you push erml range to 446 with range 5, you can out trade at 500m barely, and even then, long burn erll mean you are not getting a full trade while they are. Plus STK hill humps better than anything in the game.

#76 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

View PostGyrok, on 30 March 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

Actually, if you push erml range to 446 with range 5, you can out trade at 500m barely, and even then, long burn erll mean you are not getting a full trade while they are. Plus STK hill humps better than anything in the game.

STK is a billygoat on steep slopes, it can side slope into crazy places to get elevation advantage and wiggle up thru cracks most assaults can't.

#77 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

T
h
e OP's logic has
me speechless.

#78 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:25 PM

Seems all clan knows how to do is laser vomit and complain if there is anything that can laser vomit back.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 30 March 2015 - 10:43 PM.

#79 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 29 March 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

Here, this is one of my Warhawk builds.

Take a look at the Alpha, the Cooling Rate, the Range, the damage if you one > two punch with 2 then 2 CLPLs.

F2P Version
WHK-C Asymmetric Version

I love me some Wubhawk, but I've been running this build lately: WHK-PRIME

It's pretty much Timby Laservomit with an added gauss rifle. And once the WHK-C comes out I'll try this: WHK-C

Edited by Lord Scarlett Johan, 30 March 2015 - 10:50 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users