Reason To Get The Tdr-9Se Over The Scr-Prime?

65 replies to this topic

#1 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

Just wondering since I checked on their respective costs and the SCR is almost twice the TDR, meaning that you could reverse your decision for the cost of about 500k cbills if you got the SCR. Is there something I'm missing?

#2 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

It's mostly just to give bait to both sides. Once you factor in full upgrade costs etc. they end up being much more equal. It's also a way to encourage more IS players to use the T-bolt (Great IS chassis for CW) for more balance-related datamining.

#3 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

The TDR comes with DHS, Endo, Ferro, STD 315 engine, BAP, etc. so costs should be a bit closer than you think.

If you never intend to play CW and don't care about mixing IS and Clan tech, the SCR is clearly the better mech. It can move over 100kph, has an alpha of 43 that reaches out over 400m and has the durability of an assault mech.

I chose the TDR, because I don't like clans. It can make a good 3LPL boat.

[edit]I just rebuilt the TDR-9SE(C) in smurfy's tool, and it costs just under 10M, versus the SCRs 11.1M

Edited by zagibu, 28 March 2015 - 06:42 PM.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,893 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

as much as i would rather have the doom crow, i can buy that with cbills later on. you need mc to buy a champion. so im getting the tbolt. also you dont truely own a mech till you own 3 of them and master them (at which point you can sell anything you didnt like), and getting 2 more tbolts is easier than getting 2 more doomcrows.

#5 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

TDR if you get a 30% XP bonus otherwise SCR

#6 Diablobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

If your CW faction is IS, you should take the Thunderbolt. If you are a Clanner, take the Stormcrow. Most of us already have both, so it doesn't really matter to us.

Edited by Diablobo, 28 March 2015 - 06:47 PM.

#7 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

You do get a 30% XP bonus, but why are you so keen on that? It just helps you level the mech a bit faster, and get GXP faster. Not really worth much in my book.

#8 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:50 PM

One I can buy with MC only the other is available for free, I am more or less maxed out on GXP but newer players need it badly.

#9 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,578 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:50 PM

The Teabowl costs MC to buy, the Crow is just the plain old C-Bill version too.

#10 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

It would be my only clan mech. None of my weapons modules will work so there is another 3-12 mil. None of my weapons work with it, so to set it up to personal taste 2-3 mil conservatively. Ammo, heatsinks, etc
The crow is fun but I could outfit the TDR to taste and spend nothing. I do prefer mediums to heavies though.
Either way Im 3 points from having to decide.

Edited by Tractor Joe, 28 March 2015 - 06:52 PM.

#11 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:52 PM

Ah, it's the champion version, I missed that. Thanks, that makes a little more sense now.

#12 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,960 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:01 PM

That particular Thunderbolt is not a fair equivalent to the Stormcrow in any fashion what-so-ever.
Maybe for CW? shrug..?

The other Thunderbolts have the high right shoulder energy, which IMO is what makes them more important than the 9-SE, JJ's are not going to do you any good in it, not with the mid/low Hardpoint placement and low height cap and weak thrust on heavies.

Want to use LPL? 5SS gives base range bonuses that exceed the 9-SE, and offers the same heatgen quirks on top of having that high right shoulder..

Stormcrow is the better deal IMO.

Edited by Mister D, 28 March 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#13 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

poptarting with 3 lpl?

All i got.

#14 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostZoid, on 28 March 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

Just wondering since I checked on their respective costs and the SCR is almost twice the TDR, meaning that you could reverse your decision for the cost of about 500k cbills if you got the SCR. Is there something I'm missing?

It has an extra layer of noobouflage making it vastly the better choice. No one ever expects the (C) guy and the green paint job. So into the stable it goes with my Centurion (C), Victor (C), Cataphract (C), Raven (C), and whatever other champion mechs they gave away.....I lose track after awhile.

This one however was the easiest ever to get so i am happy.

Edited by Chagatay, 28 March 2015 - 08:40 PM.

#15 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:41 PM

View PostZoid, on 28 March 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

personally i'll get the nova just to sell it since i only use my Phoenix mechs for CW.

#16 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:55 PM

View Postzagibu, on 28 March 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

You do get a 30% XP bonus, but why are you so keen on that? It just helps you level the mech a bit faster, and get GXP faster. Not really worth much in my book.

I suspect there will be other uses for GXP some time. Total guess but there it is.

#17 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:22 AM

it has jump jets? sold.

I know, i know...but they're the only reason I play, really.

#18 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:57 AM

I'm torn. I probably won't play the SCR because I'm not interested in getting the other 2 to master but I already have a TDR-9SE. I might opt for the TDR just because its a champ or I'll buy the SCR (worth more?) and sell it for scrap and keep the mechbay.

#19 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:04 AM

I'll just take the Stormcrow and sell it.

I already have mastered the Thunderbolts (5S is mastered; 9S and 9SE are elited), so getting a Champion 9SE is kind of redundant, and i'm not interested in Clan mechs at all.
So i'll take the more expensive one and sell it (if i'm correct i should be getting a free mechbay, so that's super-dandy)

#20 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:43 AM

Stormcrow durability of a assault mech ......You pulled that one out of your ass!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users