More Maps!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:46 AM

I'm gonna start by saying: please mods, if there is allready a topic like this, move this post there..

So, has anyone else noticed how much more maps this game needs?

The devs have done a superb job with the map design, and the various maps look different, alien, and different enough from eachother. But there are waaay to few, and it is kind of silly to go into, say, comunity warfare and get all the maps (that are VERY different) on the same planet?

Also, there is no preview of what map you're dropping, and I'm sorry, but my mech loadout would be different if I'm dropping on a hot volcanic planet or a frigid alien world.

So here are my sugestions:

Firstly, take the graphics and themes of the maps you have, and wrinse and repeat.. for instance.. if there's caustic valley graphic elements, make a new map using those, but make it different, placing craters, mountains and buildings in different locations and facing differently. I'm not well versed in the technicalities of MWO map design (I would shure like to be, I think I'd rock that) but I think that it shouldnt be neither very time consuming nor expensive to make say, 5-10 maps with caustic valley theme, 5-10 with river city theme, and so on..

Secondly, make use of those 5-10 maps and designate each map pack to a specific planet. So if a group drops to a planet called "A" they can only get caustic vallery maps becouse that's the type of planet it is.. On some planets that might support multiple weather conditions, you can mix and match... for instance putting up river city maps with canyon maps and ect.

Thirdly, make us see what kind of planet / map pack we'r dropping on! Weather conditions effect heat and tactics, so let us optimise our mechs for certain maps, and through planet selection (with specific map packs) select the type of maps we want to drop to!

I think every mechwarrior can clearly see and know if he's attacking planet "A" that that is a hot, caustic planet and will optimise for more heat sinks and LRM's, and not lasers for instance..

Please, take my ideas into consideration, it would make your game SO MUCH better, and people would not lose interest, and most importantly, comunity warfare would make sence..

#2 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:50 AM

Let's hope the dev's see these ideas because they really trully need attention.
Another thing they could do is putting skirmish, conquest and base caping in CW. A lot more would play CW then.

#3 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:57 PM

I can only agree with vellron2005.
but maybe PGI need to rethink all this game for apply it and it should need lots of time ( also money and energy instead focus on others features... ) also i am not confident about theirs ability to improve this game...

Random maps should be so great !!... like SOF2 map in multiplayer mode. Simply mirror map..
But this had to be thinking ahead not in middle of dev.

View PostSpleenslitta, on 31 March 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

Let's hope the dev's see these ideas because they really trully need attention.
Another thing they could do is putting skirmish, conquest and base caping in CW. A lot more would play CW then.

Yep i had same idea i hope it will be add when CW beta end ( if it end one day >>> ( may full CW reset i bet )).

Thoses skirmish, assaut, conquest shouldn't count as a sector win but maybe as a half sector victory..

Edited by Idealsuspect, 31 March 2015 - 02:02 PM.

#4 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:06 PM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 31 March 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

Yep i had same idea i hope it will be add when CW beta end ( if it end one day >>> ( may full CW reset i bet )).

Thoses skirmish, assaut, conquest shouldn't count as a sector win but maybe as a half sector victory..

I'd still play CW skirmish even if that meant i only had 1/5 the influence from a victory i would have with todays CW mode.

#5 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:15 AM

Well, this game should be all about comunity warfare with public drops assuming a secondary role, and the maps apsolutelly MUST reflect that. And that means alot more maps, individual planet information, perhapse individual targets on each planet and such.

Hey, that's a good idea also!

Instead of having to attack and counter attack the same blasted omega, why not make it so to win a planet, you have to say, capture the mechworks, destroy the orbital cannon, conquer the capitol city, and destroy the military command centre?

The defending team would have to defend all those sites, and have a chance to counter attack and retake them.

So instead of win and loose omega warfare, why not give us actuall objectives to achieve in order to conquer a world?

Wow, this game need sooooo much fluff..

#6 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 01 April 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

Well, this game should be all about comunity warfare with public drops assuming a secondary role, and the maps apsolutelly MUST reflect that. And that means alot more maps, individual planet information, perhapse individual targets on each planet and such.

Hey, that's a good idea also!

Instead of having to attack and counter attack the same blasted omega, why not make it so to win a planet, you have to say, capture the mechworks, destroy the orbital cannon, conquer the capitol city, and destroy the military command centre?

The defending team would have to defend all those sites, and have a chance to counter attack and retake them.

So instead of win and loose omega warfare, why not give us actuall objectives to achieve in order to conquer a world?

Wow, this game need sooooo much fluff..

Great ideas here. If CW is going to have weight, the objectives/maps should reflect that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users