What One Mech Meakes You Lick Your Chops And Think...."yeaahhhhh.... Lunch!" When You See It On The Other Team?

113 replies to this topic

#101 jlawsl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 31 March 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

I have feasted upon many a mechjock who looked upon my awesome and thought i was an easy lunch.

I earned my "Ace of Spades" tag honestly(not during buggy-deathstar-day), and more importantly in an Awesome 8Q. And rest assured, this was no freak occurrance. I have replicated the results a dozen times since. I will admit, the Awesome is not the best mech overall, but it will kill you all the same.

Lesson: Never, i repeat, NEVER underestimate any mech. Its the pilot that kills you, not the mech. Approach each opponent as if they are intent, and able to end you, because they are.

Bishop, you of all people should know this. Your love and admiration for the lesser-loved chassis should have taught you this lesson by now.

I agree with this. I would have to say my favorite mechs to kill are the ones that just run head first into my Awsome because they think its gonna be an easy kill. Its especially prevalent in variants like the 8R, they see it and for some reason, it seems like "LRM" boat, pops in their head. That is, until they are getting 4 Artemis Srm6s and pulse lasers in the grill. Usually its too late for them, because with three spl or mpls, the thing can alpha many times without overheating, doing between 67-70 dmg per strike about every 2.9 seconds. A lot of cataphacts, timberwolves and jagers like to do this, they get stripped of armor the first shot, then they get a section blown off or killed by the second shot, especially if they are trying to face hug.

Same goes for the AWS-PB, simple loadout, 2 LPL with coolddown module(42%), 3 srm 2s with cooldown module(27%), one SPL. Well, that wicked general energy cooldown, decent missile cooldown and greatly reduced beam duration(-30% general) bring it to a very repeatable rate of 23DPS. I got facehugged by a jager the other day with 3 ac5s and some lasers, it didn't go over too well for him.

The key to making Awsomes more surviveable-give up the ppcs, erppcs, and lrms. Pulse lasers and srms are friends. Their general energy quirks make them better at handling almost all energy weapons better then even the other assaults with specific quirks.

Edited by jlawsl, 31 March 2015 - 06:22 PM.

#102 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 31 March 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

Now that ive played a bit more, mechs that make me lick my chops? Jagers, since they are low on armor, carry big guns and have XL STs....so easy to kill off. Dragons as well...

But I tend to aim CT anyway...

Oh, DWFs as well, when they are not looking my way.

Shooting for CT on Jager is not a bad call if you haven't been able to read its load-out. I never run XL in mine, and I've had many people focus my side while I wail on them in the hope of ending the engagement quickly, only to find I'm still up and am set to finish off their now exposed centers.

If you see anything heavier than twin UAC/5, it's most likely safe to run an XL check.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 31 March 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#103 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 31 March 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

I have feasted upon many a mechjock who looked upon my awesome and thought i was an easy lunch.

I earned my "Ace of Spades" tag honestly(not during buggy-deathstar-day), and more importantly in an Awesome 8Q. And rest assured, this was no freak occurrance. I have replicated the results a dozen times since. I will admit, the Awesome is not the best mech overall, but it will kill you all the same.

Lesson: Never, i repeat, NEVER underestimate any mech. Its the pilot that kills you, not the mech. Approach each opponent as if they are intent, and able to end you, because they are.

Bishop, you of all people should know this. Your love and admiration for the lesser-loved chassis should have taught you this lesson by now.

Exceptions don't make the rule, my friend. I am not your average VND jock...but I can see why most people aren't afraid of VNDs. It does make it that much sweeter when I kill people with mine, but let's be honest, good piloting can only mitigate bad chassis so much... against equal pilots in better chassis, it is what it is.

#104 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

Myst Lynx.... Just so... helpless. So... juicy...

All it can do is jump into your waiting lazers...

Yummy!

#105 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

I fear all mechs

you must approach each one as your nemesis B)

#106 Soulscour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

Ravens. My AC20 rounds are magnetically attracted to them.

#107 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:30 PM

Zeus. It is weak and pathetic for an 80 tonner.

All of my non-LRM Mediums can 1v1 it no problem. I fear Awesome more than Zeus.

Edited by El Bandito, 31 March 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#108 0rionsbane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

running around in my xl 325 Orion with 3 erll 1 guass I find anything that moves under 90 km is usually fair game. i really love timber wolves in cw with lrms, gosh they are easy to hit. on the other hand stromcrows usually eat me, and a hell bringer can be a pain.

i run other mechs but they all conform to a simple idea, take one energy weapon to its maximum effectiveness, add heatsinks and ballistics to taste, and plenty of ammo cause im not the most accurate person out there. (sometimes it is the ac5 with a energy side weapon but yeah i want to shoot not oveheat)

#109 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 31 March 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

It's gotta be. I've also been having trouble running them though. This is the only build I've been able to do well in: ZEU-9S

I know you have ERLLAS but I just couldn't resist!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6b3497409f48f3f

It's like a Zeus, except it's 15kph faster and has 31 DHS!

ER version...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e609d9ab8bb105e

#110 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:51 AM

their back.

#111 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:11 AM

I personally am a big game hunter. So any MetaMech, or the whine of teh day makes me giddy.

#112 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

Firestarters. The vast majority of the pilots run in Straight lines and will even stop to fire, and just because something can carry that many lasers doesn't mean you should. 3pulse spider can kill most just by never shutting down

#113 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:14 AM

None.
Every mech is a potential threat.

At least till you find out that the pilot is bad...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users