Dont Really Understand The Fuss About Stalker 4N.

123 replies to this topic

#21 MrZakalwe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 640 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

View Postreign, on 05 April 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

This is exactly it, I own a 4N and a M. I have RVN - 3l and Ember. I was Kurita all last week and will be Liao all next week. (cant wait for 20% ac 20 :D ).

The clan pays for its extra damage on its Lasers in face time, the ER large lasers should get the same exact treatment as IS large laser group does. Then it would even out on its own.

I disagree that the ER LLs needs the 3 treatment; two is fine and the range they give for size and tonnage is awesome.

The first changes I'd want to the clans would be some small negative quirks for the Timbey and Stormcrow (the
Dire isn't as good as people say, at least for CW) and for Inner sphere just take some of the crazier quirks down a notch.

Buffing stuff is only going to reduce TTK further.

#22 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostMrZakalwe, on 05 April 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

I disagree that the ER LLs needs the 3 treatment; two is fine and the range they give for size and tonnage is awesome.

Just so both of you know, ERLLAS did get the LLAS treatment, and so did IS LPLs.

All of them can be fired in a group of 3 with no added Ghost Heat.

So as we can see, nothing happened. People aren't rushing to use the ERLLAS.

They actually have longer face time than Clan LPLs.

#23 jlawsl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

Now I am seeing a trend. Its true, what ever the current clan base wants, they will fuss about. I am not saying that's what the point of the thread was, but I can see the cauldron brewing in some of these post. The great thing about these IS players, you take one thing from them, they find another. I NEVER thought I would hear or see someone say that a mech with 6 large lasers is anywhere near powerful or necessary to downgrade it. But I see it coming.

I saw two laser vomit stalkers have a great game on toumaline today-one had 950+damage and the other, 1173 damage. My team lost by two mechs. It was a fun match, funny thing was, those mechs didn't have a whole lot of kills. Its just the nature of lasers. But, in no way have I seen a laser stalker that made me want to turn around and run away. In other words, they are only an issue in cw because IS had to find a replacement for the tdr-9s, now it spams another mech(much like clan does) and now it is close to, if not already being called op.

Now, I always hear this from clan players-we only play these certain op mechs because the rest are garbage. Then I ask, what IS mechs are worth as much, gamewise, as the bemoaned clan power mechs? IS may have more choices of rides, but that doesn't mean most of them aren't extremely weak compared to clan mechs. Right now, IS owns lights, clan lights suck. Assaults are arguable, with the king crab out and new quirks. Clan owns medium and heavy hands down, the most important weight classes in cw if you want a balanced deck. So, yeah, tell me what IS has that clan players won't want to nerf? Or is it that they want some rule where IS players are limited to one chassis of mech/per team/drop?

If IS finds a way around clan range, live with it and play, maybe then people will have to think of different strategies rather then just complaining until they get to return to the same old playing style. It seems like clan players are so reluctant to change the way they play, they will complain until all mechs conform to their style. That is weak.

#24 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

The whining exists because the Stalker is good in CW, where long range peek fights reign supreme.

It is slightly better than the MadCat at the long range laser vomit game, but is inferior at absolutely everything else. It can't brawl, it's slow, and it's terrible in mobile fights. It's a great defensive area denial tool, and if it drops in large numbers, it can be a hard nut to crack.

It's not a better mech than the MadCat. It's just better than the MadCat at one particular thing.

In Pugland, it's not nearly as good. A Dire will eat it alive.

#25 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

Considering the Stalker is an assault mech I find no issue with it actually being able to shoot things. It doesn't go very fast while loading that much firepower and tbh it really isn't an insane amount of firepower especially when compared to clan mechs. On hot maps it also has issues with heat dissipation and isn't really a very good close range mech so it has weaknesses.

The King Crab can mount a similar alpha that has more range and less heat (2Gauss+3ERLL). The issue isn't the 6LL Stalker, it's the Stalker itself (like it's always been since forever), but that isn't really a factor considering the Clan hitboxes are just as crazy. Right now the IS LL is probably the most balanced weapon in the game on quirked mechs - has some heat, decent range, reasonable ghost heat (3LL before ghost heat), reasonable beam duration and cooldown, reasonable damage.

#26 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 05 April 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

The whining exists because the Stalker is good in CW, where long range peek fights reign supreme.

It is slightly better than the MadCat at the long range laser vomit game, but is inferior at absolutely everything else. It can't brawl, it's slow, and it's terrible in mobile fights. It's a great defensive area denial tool, and if it drops in large numbers, it can be a hard nut to crack.

It's not a better mech than the MadCat. It's just better than the MadCat at one particular thing.

In Pugland, it's not nearly as good. A Dire will eat it alive.

Quoted for truth.

#27 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 05 April 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

Quoted for truth.

What? I played Kurita all last week with a 4N in CW. had 0 problems brawling with a 4N.

My standard drop deck against clan was 4N -M - PB - 6k

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying nerf the mech I think it's brilliant exactly the way it is. But playing the other side of it. There is 0 reasons in the world I would take a (CLAN) ER large laser. and im not the biggest fan of erMed laser either

The burn time is to long, the heat on ER large laser is too high and you cant get enough damage out of 2 of them to matter.

I came in and said don't nerf the stalker.. just even up clan ER large lasers to 3 (do not even touch the CLan large pulse lasers). and you guys wouldn't even talk about it you flipped out and went all QQ.

That is the true problem. Can't even meet the other side half way.

Well I will enjoy my 4N all next week playing Liao up till it gets changed (if it even does). and the rest of you guys try something new for a change.

#28 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

View Postreign, on 05 April 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

What? I played Kurita all last week with a 4N in CW. had 0 problems brawling with a 4N.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying nerf the mech I think it's brilliant exactly the way it is. But playing the other side of it. There is 0 reasons in the world I would take a (CLAN) ER large laser. and im not the biggest fan of erMed laser either

The burn time is to long, the heat on ER large laser is too high and you cant get enough damage out of 2 of them to matter.

I came in and said don't nerf the stalker.. just even up clan ER large lasers to 3 (do not even touch the CLan large pulse lasers). and you guys wouldn't even talk about it you flipped out and went all QQ.

Well I will enjoy my 4N all next week playing Liao up till it gets changed (if it even does). and the rest of you guys try something new for a change.

Well if you give the 3 ERll buff the Clans you are nerfing IS indirectly as the IS 3 LL,ERLL,LPL GH Buffs were intentionally Given to IS across the board to even them up Competitive wise with Clan LL Mechs And would there fore eliminate that advantage

#29 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

Hasnt it been able to do this forever and ghost heat was the nerf which made it rare?
Wasnt the big complaint that IS had nothing to counter clan at range, which is why the Thunderbolt was overquirked?

Now suddenly the Stalker has reappeared on the scene and it turns out 6 x ERLL was a superweapon all along?
Or is it simply the same joke build it has been since ghost heat killed it and someone is just being a bit oversensitive to being trolled by it.

#30 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

View Postjlawsl, on 05 April 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

Now, I always hear this from clan players-we only play these certain op mechs because the rest are garbage. Then I ask, what IS mechs are worth as much, gamewise, as the bemoaned clan power mechs?

current:
Posted Image
after equality to clan mechs:
Posted Image
see why many clan mechs in cw suck, and why some is mechs are performing in certain situations outstanding, but with little graphic giming, would be as bad as the rest of the arsenal.

#31 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

View Postreign, on 05 April 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

The Clan LPL is much more comparable to the IS LL (but obviously still better than the IS LL). The Clan ERLL is almost double the range and should also be compared to the IS ERLL since IS actually has that weapon.

CERLLs are amazing at ultra long range. IS LLs aren't going to be hitting you at 1100m. CERLLs are useful on Boreal and I've seen people drop in 4ERLL Hellbringers and do 2000 damage right off the bat in that mech. On Alpine CERLLs are equally amazing.

Also, to be saying 22 damage doesn't matter is pretty laughable. Most IS mechs are getting in the realm of 40 damage alphas at MEDIUM range, so if you can get a 44 damage alpha at twice the range of most IS decks I'd say you're doing alright. Obviously you aren't going to be brawling with ERLLs, because if you thought you'd be brawling you would have taken the LPLs. The ONE time I've taken ERLLs in a generic weapons loadout is because I can fit one in the Hellbringer head mount.

#32 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 05 April 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

Hasnt it been able to do this forever and ghost heat was the nerf which made it rare?
Wasnt the big complaint that IS had nothing to counter clan at range, which is why the Thunderbolt was overquirked?

Now suddenly the Stalker has reappeared on the scene and it turns out 6 x ERLL was a superweapon all along?
Or is it simply the same joke build it has been since ghost heat killed it and someone is just being a bit oversensitive to being trolled by it.

Personally I look at it like this. If they removed ac heat from both clan and IS. (on ac /2s) as an experement, then said this worked, the next step was remove from IS large lasers in 3. Realized that wow that is a bit strong is some cases.. how does it stack directly to CLan Large lasers (NOT ER MEDIUMS.. the large lasers... ok pulse is still fine... but ER clan large lasers are still not great.. lets try them next...but then they stopped.

Why not continue the experiment? and see where it goes?

#33 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

View Postreign, on 05 April 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

the next step was remove from IS large lasers in 3. Realized that wow that is a bit strong is some cases..

No thats not what this is about.
Russ is only upset about the 6 x LL/ERLL alpha from Stalker which is unaffected by the 3 x LL ghost heat removal.

That Stalker build existed before ghostheat, died, still dead except as a troll build. Someone trolled Russ with it and got the desired reaction to trolling, he is upset by it.

#34 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:09 PM

54 Damage DoTs = too strong
60+ instadamage pinpoint clan alphas = A OK

View Postjoelmuzz, on 05 April 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

not ERLL, noone uses ERLLs because they're too hot and take too long to burn, regular LLs.

#35 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

I only got one thing to say to anyone complaining about the STK-4N. L2P.

This is nothing anyway. Wait for the whine factor when the Cheesy 4 get nerfed. That will be something.

#36 AntiCitizenJuan

• 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:43 PM

Bad clanners crying about a mech thats only good because the meta demands the playstyle.

When you have ridiculous Dire Wolf alphas in every game (that completely blow the "OP 4N" out of the water)
its the best available option for IS mechs, and its frankly nowhere near the stupid levels the Stormcrow and Dire Wolf are at

#37 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

Perhaps this will make Russ address the magical convergence of dozens of tons of weaponry in a split second. That affects all Gundams equally (well, some more equally than others)

Naturally, it won't....but it would be nice.

#38 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:56 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 05 April 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

Perhaps this will make Russ address the magical convergence of dozens of tons of weaponry in a split second. That affects all Gundams equally (well, some more equally than others)

Naturally, it won't....but it would be nice.

It would be nice for that one pointless 3000 xp sink in the elite skill area to have SOME use...

Edited by QuantumButler, 05 April 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#39 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

View PostQuantumButler, on 05 April 2015 - 05:56 PM, said:

It would be nice for that one pointless 3000 xp sink in the elite skill area to have SOME use...

Well, it was promised to be replaced ages ago by the creator of Ghost Heat.

Of course... that was a position at the time.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3766729

View PostPaul Inouye, on 26 September 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

Pinpoint is going to be replaced by an efficiency that increases the health of items (weapons/equipment) by 20%.

As for Fast Fire.. it it working as intended across the board. The AC/2 cooldown is 0.72. Fast fire drops that to 0.68. This is still above the 0.5 chain fire speed and is applied properly.

#40 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

MAPS

Maybe, just maybe if there were maps with no ridges to hump and more side peek, this would be less of a 'problem'.

Nerf bat doesnt need swung yet, imo.

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users