Has Anyone Had A Bad Experience With The Voip?

36 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:20 PM

I can honestly say that with the exception of one instance since PGI put it in, I have not had a bad experience with it. no cussing, no yelling no abuse at all. Why is it people are afraid to use it? I do not understand?

its a tool that can really turn the tide of battle.

#2 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:26 PM

Other than some minor arguments and a barely muttered "you're all scrubs" type comment it's pretty tame. Had some wins that wouldn't have happened if someone didn't talk and take charge more than the whole thing devolving into "You!" "No U!" "Ur mom!" arguments.

I think organized groups argue more than pugs.

Edited by Elizander, 05 April 2015 - 09:56 PM.

#3 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:37 PM

I use it. I get good results when people are listening. I think the language barrier is the biggest problem.

I will admit sometimes I can get a little frustrated. Sorry guys but you really should be doing THIS RIGHT NOW!!!... 'ahem' :unsure:

Only ever heard one swear word so far though. So overall VOIP is the best thing ever to happen to the solo queue. B)

#4 Kardax

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

Apart for quality i do not have problems with ingame VOIP.

#5 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:43 PM

View PostKardax, on 05 April 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

Apart for quality i do not have problems with ingame VOIP.

Yeah I have an issue with taht as well, can not get the damn voice to come through my headphones for nothing. works one time I start a second match and then boom through the speakers again

#6 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

View PostMaccasimus, on 05 April 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

I use it. I get good results when people are listening. I think the language barrier is the biggest problem.

I will admit sometimes I can get a little frustrated. Sorry guys but you really should be doing THIS RIGHT NOW!!!... 'ahem' :unsure:

Only ever heard one swear word so far though. So overall VOIP is the best thing ever to happen to the solo queue. B)

I see people becoming upset at active VOIP users in CW at times. Generally, they aren't a native or amazingly fluent speaker of the language in question, so it is only natural to be a bit miffed in their shoes. After all, they're probably hearing an unintelligible mess they can understand 1/3 of.

But mostly, there are at least 2 people that will cooperate and lead a team on voice. It is rare that there isn't even one.

Keep in mind, I play CW only.

#7 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:45 PM

So far, VOIP's been used about 10% of the matches that I've played in since it's release.
Of those games where it was used, only once, did someone actually have himself an aneurysm. Problem is, out of those games, only one time was it actually useful. Mostly all of the times it was used, the voices were garbled or some guy calling out a situation that had no bearing on what the team was doing.
/shrug.

#8 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:48 PM

I've had some very heated, hate filled arguments over it, more than once.

I've been told "shut up kid" despite the fact I'm 30.

I've asked people to ease up on chatter, to recieve a "shut up ******" comment in response.

On the same token, I've had great experiences with it and had some funny moments like an entire group emulating radio static after everything they said and the like.

*shrugs* Still haven't decided if I'm going to leave it on, or turn it off.

#9 Hound of War

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:01 PM

After telling our assault lance we could have used them in the fight,we had all died horribly while they were capping (I say again: ASSAULT LANCE!) on conquest ,I was told to stfu. This was the worst of my experiences, and to tell the truth Ive had games where Voip helped us win.

#10 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:01 PM

Yeah I almost never see it being abused. Probably the worst was some guy who sounded 19 yelling at a 12 year old to shut up because his voice was obnoxious. The irony was lost on the older one. Funny enough the young kid went on to call out enemy UAV's and such.

#11 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:38 PM

This one guy was screaming at us the entire time. When we lost. He was inconsolable. Which was funny because a guy on the team was trying to calm him down. But he kept on raging over voip.

#12 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:39 PM

Bad, when I am held hostage to two guys moaning back and forth at each other the whole match about who is the better player. Or about How good the Dope is they are smoking. Personally I do not touch the crap and do not want to hear about your brain cell blasting experience in stereo.

#13 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:16 PM

There's only one individual who I mute as soon as I see him.

Other offenders are few and far between. He cries every round though.

#14 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:40 PM

twice.

One guy got pissy when I suggested he and the rest of the assualt lance should stay with the rest of the team, and not wonder off to the corner of the map.

some other guy who just couldn't fathom the idea of the entire team pushing in at the same time in CW and wanted to just camp at the gate the entire match. he said something like "well fine then. come on everyone. it's what the cool kids are doing I guess". he then told me to "get you ass in gear" when I was the second person in the line. it was honestly the most annoying match I've ever had.

but other than those two times, everyone else has been fine.

#15 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:42 PM

Only had two thus far.

One was in CW, i got hammered as usual, defending with 12 Pugs against 228th and a larger premade of 420. All 48 of our mechs got killed in about 15 minutes. Usual IS pug slaughter. I was the only guy on my team to get above 1k damage, which is pretty normal too.
But this one guy (sadly i can't name&shame) was constantly bitching about the team, worst team ever, bunch of f*ckin noobs, please just walk infront of a train and die, uninstall the game scrubs and so on. He was literally screaming over VOIP.
He had 205 damage across all 4 mechs and was the worst player on our team.

The other bad experience was a guy screaming at me when i was playing on my brothers account to finish an event for him.
We were about to lose on caps, 2 enemies alive, they had like 680 points and 4 of five caps. We were 3 guys. Two of us ran to two caps, and i went to the third.
Both enemy mechs were guarding that cap. Given that i was in a 37% timber, and our other two mechs were a legged firestalker and a stalker i tried to kill those two guys and win through kills.
Then one spectator started screaming at me to ignore the mechs and rush on epsi (the cap they were guarding). He wouldn't stop screaming and calling me a noob, i couldn't mute him because i was fighting.

Mind you, he asked me to rush past two pretty much fresh mechs (yellow armor all over) in a 37% TW and step on a cap, even if they had 1 more cap which neither the stalker nor the legged firestarter could have reached before they won on caps. Not like those two mechs could just turn around and kill me on the cap, even if i got there (they were literally between me and the cap).
So i tried to kill them and he was screaming at me ALL the time. He was literally screaming in rage. Worst player he has ever seen, f*cking noob and so on. I killed of of the guys remaining and he simply wouldn't stop screaming. Then i had enough, powered down, muted the guy, let the last guy kill me and lost on purpose.

I ended the match with 7 kills and something around 700+ damage. This guy had 83 damage in a cata. Sadly he immediately disconnected when the matchscore showed up, so i couldn't make a witty comment.

#16 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 05 April 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

There's only one individual who I mute as soon as I see him.

Other offenders are few and far between. He cries every round though.

Please notice him, Senpai. :ph34r:

#17 Virgil Greyson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

People rarely use it in my games.

#18 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:49 PM

If you mean abusive or annoying behavior with it? Maybe once?

#19 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:08 AM

Almost every time its been used my team has won.
As for abusive scrubs well, i'm an adult so its not really a problem.

#20 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:19 AM

One time, a guy played music - our pug team identified who it was, everyone muted him.

other than that, it's been 100% positive.
Not as commonly used as it should, imo, but there's been nothing bad.

I've seen it win the game every time it's been used properly, by which I mean more than just one person, saying one thing, one time..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users