Upcoming Clan Quirks (Warhawk Vs Adder)

29 replies to this topic

#1 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

Has anyone else seen them yet? I was looking forward to this so much... except... i feel like the adder got the full quirking goodness and they gave the Warhawk half as much...

The Warhawk got a total of 8% less heat from ERPPCs and +15% velocity
The Adder got a total of 15% less heat from ERPPCs and +15% velocity.

And they both got some random AMS quirks which are useful but not either mech's main issue. I am thankful for any kind of heat quirks on the warhawk prime because even with 28 double heat sinks it runs super hot. I can't help but also feel that it may not be quite enough. Does anyone else have an opinion similar to mine?

#2 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

Eh, doesn't affect me. I went with large pulse for instant travel time and shorter cooldown anyways. Mainly happy to get those sweet sweet arm structure buffs.

#3 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,771 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostSable, on 06 April 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

Has anyone else seen them yet? I was looking forward to this so much... except... i feel like the adder got the full quirking goodness and they gave the Warhawk half as much...

And they both got some random AMS quirks which are useful but not either mech's main issue. I am thankful for any kind of heat quirks on the warhawk prime because even with 28 double heat sinks it runs super hot. I can't help but also feel that it may not be quite enough. Does anyone else have an opinion similar to mine?

It was never meant to be enough, even in TT these mechs were not meant to handle the ERPPCs they came with. Expecting them to be cool running builds in the translation is a little silly.

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 06 April 2015 - 04:41 PM.

#4 Firelizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 06 April 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

It was never meant to be enough, even in TT these mechs were not meant to handle the ERPPCs they came with. Expecting them to be cool running builds in the translation is a little silly.

Well at least in TT it was a risk-reward thing. You run the risk of Bad Things™ due to the overheat, with the reward of smacking someone with four TarComp'd PPC's.

Edited by Firelizard, 06 April 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#5 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:46 PM

I imagine that like the last quirk pass, these are incremental and open to further adjustment down the road.

#6 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

Badder gets 8 TrueDubs to the PeaceDoves 10?

Along with fewer hardpoints.

Edited by Mcgral18, 06 April 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#7 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostGamuray, on 06 April 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

Eh, doesn't affect me. I went with large pulse for instant travel time and shorter cooldown anyways. Mainly happy to get those sweet sweet arm structure buffs.

Arm structure? WHYYYYYY. Nobody loses arms in the Warhawk because your torsos die instantly. It would be like giving the Spider a head structure increase - you might get shot there once every 100 games.

#8 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,771 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostFirelizard, on 06 April 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

Well at least in TT it was a risk-reward thing. You run the risk of Bad Things™ due to the overheat, with the reward of smacking someone with four TarComp'd PPC's.

Firing all 4 ERPPCs was more risk than it was reward considering firing 3 was also overheating the Warhawk. Firing all 4 was a last ditch effort move.

#9 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

Welcome to clans.

Where everything is taking forever to get quirks as PGI is going as cautiously as possible. Meanwhile we get 3 ER PPC thunderbolts doing better then 4 warhawk primes SOMEHOW passing approval. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Warhawk is a much more larger mech and thus has worse quirks. But I hope both get buffs soon...

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 06 April 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

Firing all 4 ERPPCs was more risk than it was reward considering firing 3 was also overheating the Warhawk. Firing all 4 was a last ditch effort move.

I was pretty sure firing all 4 wouldn't end that bad...

#10 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,771 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 06 April 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

Firing all 4 at stand still generated 60 heat, of which you could only dissipate 40 of. Gives you a +3 modifier and -4 MP next turn on top of a risk for the LRM ammo exploding if you didn't dump it and a larger chance to shutdown.

#11 Firelizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 06 April 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

If the dice gods are bored you can cook off the LRM ammo.

#12 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

I'll be testing this in a few weeks, but it's less than ideal.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bec4a514d2ee9ab

CERPPCs should be around 1,365m/s after MK VII TC + Quirks, and cost 13.8 heat to fire.

Could alternatively slot a CLPL in the CT.

Unfortunately to get all the quirks you need both arms, and that means you can't combine with Gauss for a build that would be highly effective.

Instead you spend 7 tons on a targeting computer.

I don't have high hopes for it, but it's worth testing/playing a bit just to see. 26DHS is solid.

#13 Talynn DeRaa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

You wanna talk quirks? Look at the Warhawks ballistic arms. Stick two LB-20's on it and you'll pretty much vaporize anything in a quick amount of time.

#14 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:29 PM

The side torso and arm structure/armor quirks are huge. I have been able to make the Warhawk work pretty well, so having those side torsos reinforced will only be a benefit.

As will the 10% faster recharge on my gauss.

And 7.5% faster ERPPCs. The 4% cooler is meh, but better than nothing. Not going to complain.

#15 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 06 April 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

The side torso and arm structure/armor quirks are huge.

They are, but they should be reversed with the higher value on the STs, not the arms.

#16 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 06 April 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

They are, but they should be reversed with the higher value on the STs, not the arms.

I agree. That said, is there any good reason NOT to take the prime's left torso?

#17 Talynn DeRaa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 06 April 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

The side torso and arm structure/armor quirks are huge. I have been able to make the Warhawk work pretty well, so having those side torsos reinforced will only be a benefit.

As will the 10% faster recharge on my gauss.

And 7.5% faster ERPPCs. The 4% cooler is meh, but better than nothing. Not going to complain.

You do realize that if you combine the arms it totals to -8% heat gen and 15% velocity? Thats pretty big for clan ERPPC's

#18 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

View PostTalynn DeRaa, on 06 April 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

You do realize that if you combine the arms it totals to -8% heat gen and 15% velocity? Thats pretty big for clan ERPPC's

You do realize there are better options than quad-ERPPC, right? Like a Gauss and 2 ERPPC. Or four C-LPLas - in which case you gain nothing from the quirks there outside of the armor. Taking one arm alone, 4% is not a big deal. Goes from 15 heat per ERPPC to 14.4 heat.

Like I said, I am not complaining. I make it work with exactly 0% heat reduction. 4% is not much, however. 5% per arm would be nice for a total of 10% off if you did double the arms up, but, quite frankly, I hate weapon specific quirks on omnimechs and favor quality general purpose quirks like blanket heat generation/dissipation quirks, blanket ballistic velocity/cooldown/recharge quirks, etc.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 06 April 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#19 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

PGI really should buff the Damage on CERPPC to 13 atleast, leave heat at 15, except on the WHK/ADR/SMR, give them a slight heat reduction as they have done. Give them the Velocity buff. But for the rest, leave the velocity at 1050, or buff it slightly to like 1150. 10 damage just isnt worth a crap. They fire and fire and fire and just dont kill stuff.

Warhawk quirks are a step in the right direction, now if only PGI would straight buff the CERPPC to be a 13/15, 4.25s CD, 1150 velocity, keep current quirks, or maybe make it where ADR/WHK get 1250 velocity up from a base of 1150.

Even after they get the heat and velocity quirks, it just doesnt make ERPPCs worth the heat even then, vs the damage they deal per shot. Sure, its PP, but its just not worth it, not when I can mount 4x LPL and deal 2x as much damage over the course of the game.

LPL WHK currently, I got 11 kills in 3 games......4x CERPPC Warhawk, I got like 26 kills in like 42 games or so.....there really is no comparison. And hitting lights with ERPPC? It just is impossible.

#20 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:28 PM

View PostFate 6, on 06 April 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

Arm structure? WHYYYYYY. Nobody loses arms in the Warhawk because your torsos die instantly. It would be like giving the Spider a head structure increase - you might get shot there once every 100 games.

More people would lose their arms if they every bothered to torso twist properly. Yeah, you're more likely to lose a ST first but having arms that can absorb damage is always nice. Plus the ST's also got buffed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users