Can We Please Get Victor And Highlander Quirks.

21 replies to this topic

#21 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:37 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 07 April 2015 - 03:11 AM, said:

Why is that so? If you build it like Koniving's HM (with STD325) then you have to get close up and personal. Also, HGN 732/733/733C hardpoints are like Atlas' so you can do that STD300/325 + AC/Gauss + MLs + SRM6s and go punch the enemies!

konivigs HM build uses an xl330 go look at his youtube clip, and you do get close to use the streaks, but its still not a point mech because of the xl, as most people can't roll the damage as well as Koni

side st's go on a higherland faster than a Atlas using a std engine, hence the xl now that JJ's are so badly nerfed to get back some of the agility its lost, with old style JJ's you could run stds well, and be a front line brawler, I never poptarted with mine I don't like skulking at the back, but once the jj nerf hit, it killed the mobility of the HGN and the voctor, only hgn has worse hit boxes.

so you can be a sitting duck using a standard or an xl user and hope your pug is a mobile one and not poke shoot and squeal if their armour gets scratched.

if you luck in and you end up with a good crowd who like to move you can pull a 450-700 if not your falling early, and spending the rest of the match spectating and thinking very bad thoughts about your trench warfare team

Edited by Cathy, 07 April 2015 - 03:52 AM.

#22 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:29 AM

View PostCathy, on 07 April 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

konivigs HM build uses an xl330 go look at his youtube clip, and you do get close to use the streaks, but its still not a point mech because of the xl, as most people can't roll the damage as well as Koni

Ah, I thought he uses an STD engine. I replicated his build here with an STD325 on a 733C since I don't own a HM. It lacks a ML but runs pretty similar otherwise I think.

View PostCathy, on 07 April 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

side st's go on a higherland faster than a Atlas using a std engine, hence the xl now that JJ's are so badly nerfed to get back some of the agility its lost, with old style JJ's you could run stds well, and be a front line brawler, I never poptarted with mine I don't like skulking at the back, but once the jj nerf hit, it killed the mobility of the HGN and the voctor, only hgn has worse hit boxes.

so you can be a sitting duck using a standard or an xl user and hope your pug is a mobile one and not poke shoot and squeal if their armour gets scratched.

if you luck in and you end up with a good crowd who like to move you can pull a 450-700 if not your falling early, and spending the rest of the match spectating and thinking very bad thoughts about your trench warfare team

Hmm, I still don't understand your reasoning for using an XL. Is it because to make HGNs more mobile? If yes, then you can still have a HGN with a max rating STD325: HGN Atlas build

Or is it because you want to pack more firepower by equipping an XL and then fight at range?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users