• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:42 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 07 April 2015 - 07:33 AM, said:

You're new here aren't you.

Customization has been the heart of BattleTech/MechWarrior for a long time because players can tune their choice of Mech to fit their roles to their needs.

And if you're suggesting a stock-only game mode, it's called Private Matches and/or Stock Mech Mondays. You should try it some time.

Let me Throw that back at you. YOU must be new here. Because in Battletech customization was never a real thing apart from certain Novel Hero Pilots that "frankensteined" their mechs to a degree (Yen-Lo-Wang, Protector, Heavy Metal) From the Hero Mechs we currenly have ingame 3/4 are made up by PGI and the rest is a real Battletech Hero Mech. Customisation is a Mechwarrior Thing.I do not want to outright ban it. I know its fun to many and that ok. I just want to be able to play Mechwarrior in Mechs that actually exist in Battletech and not some "whateveryouwannacalit" disguising as Mech XYZ.

#22 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

I have to wonder why people have such an allergic reaction to the idea of a stock mech queue. It's not like the Mechlab would go away. Don't want to play stocks? Deselect the option in the game modes ticker. It's hard to deny the benefits a 3025 queue would have for a new player, to say nothing for those of us sick of MetaWarrior Online.

#23 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

View PostJack Corban, on 07 April 2015 - 07:42 AM, said:

I just want to be able to play Mechwarrior in Mechs that actually exist in Battletech and not some "whateveryouwannacalit" disguising as Mech XYZ.

This is a Dire Wolf as much as this is a Dire Wolf.

Difference: One is made by a human, for a human, to be good. The other is a prime and sucks because stock loadouts have not enough ammo, poor heat management, bad speed, etc.

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 07 April 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

WHY does must be private matches only?

Why should PGI go to the work of pleasing you? [Redacted] They have other things to do and, believe it or not, those who want a stock only game mode built in are probably the minority of the game.

I'd use it if they made it, sure. But it'd be a pain in the rear to code and implement, and there are better uses of time and resources.

Edited by GM Patience, 11 April 2015 - 05:08 PM.

#24 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 07 April 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

I have to wonder why people have such an allergic reaction to the idea of a stock mech queue. It's not like the Mechlab would go away. Don't want to play stocks? Deselect the option in the game modes ticker. It's hard to deny the benefits a 3025 queue would have for a new player, to say nothing for those of us sick of MetaWarrior Online.

Fear simply put. That the only explanation i have for it at this point. Fear that people might actually like it better and that they would not be able to play their "IKILLYOUWITHTHISONEBUTTON" Mechs and faceroll everyone and everything like they are used to.

#25 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:49 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 07 April 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

Prevent boating

Hahahaha...
Hahahahahahaa....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Posted Image
THEY'LL NEVER EVEN SEE ME COMING

#26 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:49 AM

And if you're suggesting a stock-only game mode, it's called Private Matches and/or Stock Mech Mondays. You should try it some time.

Because it would be nice to earn some ******* money or XP. Hell, they can nerf the earnings to 50% and I would be happy.

I don't get why people are so damn opposed to stock modes, as though they would get cancer from them being added to the game. The split-queue response is bullshit since, out of the other side of their mouths, they're still telling people to play private matches anyway so it just sounds like people kicking sandcastles and being fun vampires, to me.

The game already has the tools to check for valid loadouts (missing engines, insufficient heat sinks, etc) so just add some parameters to the check that are stock mech specific and call it a day.

#27 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 07 April 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

This is a Dire Wolf as much as this is a Dire Wolf.

Difference: One is made by a human, for a human, to be good. The other is a prime and sucks because stock loadouts have not enough ammo, poor heat management, bad speed, etc.

Why should PGI go to the work of pleasing you? [Redacted] They have other things to do and, believe it or not, those who want a stock only game mode built in are probably the minority of the game.

I'd use it if they made it, sure. But it'd be a pain in the rear to code and implement, and there are better uses of time and resources.

Nope. The one is a Direwolf the other is not. If you don't believe me look up the Tech Manual. End of story.

And Nope again. They have every Mech in Stock in their Database. All they have to do is force the loadout onto a mech in the loading and done. Cheers

Edited by GM Patience, 11 April 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#28 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostBurktross, on 07 April 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Hahahaha...
Hahahahahahaa....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Congrats. You found one boating mech that's actually very fun to use in SMM. Obviously you proved me wrong. And again, that mech is balanced by the fact that all its heat sinks are stored in the left shoulder. Snipe that out, mech is very nearly neutered.

#29 Jack Corban

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPort Arthur

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostBurktross, on 07 April 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Hahahaha...
Hahahahahahaa....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Posted Image

Yeah but you have SHS. Might wanna consider using all dem Mediums at once ;)

#30 ROSS-128

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:56 AM

The only stock mechs thay are even close to usable are Clan energy boats (Nova Prime, Stormcrow Prime, Warhawk Prime).

Everything else? Oh, have fun with that one ton of ammo you have for your single AC10.

Stock mode wouldn't be remotely close to balanced. Clan energy boats would absolutely dominate, while everything the IS has would just go cry in a corner because of single heat sinks. This would be doubly true if you buffed all dubs to truedubs, because in a stock mode only Clans would get that buff.

Do people even think about the consequences of these suggestions at all? I can tell you, I accidentally dropped in a stock HBK-4P once. I had two in my garage, one was a (C) trial and the other was a fresh purchase that I hadn't bought gear for yet. I clicked the wrong one. It didn't end well.

#31 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostInRev, on 07 April 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Because it would be nice to earn some ******* money or XP. Hell, they can nerf the earnings to 50% and I would be happy.

I don't get why people are so damn opposed to stock modes, as though they would get cancer from them being added to the game. The split-queue response is bullshit since, out of the other side of their mouths, they're still telling people to play private matches anyway so it just sounds like people kicking sandcastles and being fun vampires, to me.

One: Do you want money/XP or stock Mech matches?
Two: I'm opposed to wasting time and resources on a game mode you can make yourself using a tool already at your disposal. Play Stock Mechs for fun and play the normal queue for money.

View PostJack Corban, on 07 April 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

Nope. The one is a Direwolf the other is not. If you don't believe me look up the Tech Manual. End of story.

And Nope again. They have ever Mech in Stock in their Database. All they have to do is force the loadout onto a mech in the loading and done. Cheers

If one is a Dire Wolf and the other isn't than what is the other one? That's like saying that because men aren't women they aren't human or vise versa. Or like saying that because humans are different than apes we aren't still technically animals.

"Dire Wolf" or "DWF" is a label that encompasses all chassis in their prime configuration and variations there of, because they are derivatives of a base chassis.

Also, forcing the loadout on the Mech first requires getting the Mech, then loading it up in the queue even though the player doesn't have it, then at the end not allowing the player to take a Mech. There's an opportunity for hackers there, if you're tech/code smart enough I'll let you pick it out,

#32 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

View PostE Rommel, on 07 April 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

Stock mode wouldn't be remotely close to balanced. Clan energy boats would absolutely dominate, while everything the IS has would just go cry in a corner because of single heat sinks. This would be doubly true if you buffed all dubs to truedubs, because in a stock mode only Clans would get that buff.

Sigh. Didn't read the thread, did you?

#33 Fragnot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUS Eastern

Don't talk down to him too much, the idea of a stock-only game mode is an excellent idea for all the reasons Raythe pointed out earlier. In fact, I'd say it's a no-brainer.

The only issue is whether the game population can support the extra queue bucket, and if a stock only queue bucket is more important than other buckets people want; like a 4v4 mode. But it's not a bad idea at all.

#34 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:59 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 07 April 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

Congrats. You found one boating mech that's actually very fun to use in SMM. Obviously you proved me wrong. And again, that mech is balanced by the fact that all its heat sinks are stored in the left shoulder. Snipe that out, mech is very nearly neutered.

Such is the life of the hunchback.

View PostJack Corban, on 07 April 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Yeah but you have SHS. Might wanna consider using all dem Mediums at once ;)

ill chain fire into their eyes and then Alpha. That way they'll be blinded and can't core me when I shut down / laugh at me when I explode.

#35 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:59 AM

View PostFragnot, on 07 April 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Don't talk down to him too much

Quoting me and then referring to me outside the second person makes no sense.

Improve CW, give the MM a little more bonus features, do a little more Clan/IS balance tweaking, give us more Mechs and maps and then I'll be fine with any game modes you want. (Especially Solaris or 1v1, which I'd rather have first).

Edited by DavidHurricane, 07 April 2015 - 08:00 AM.

#36 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:04 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 07 April 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Quoting me and then referring to me outside the second person makes no sense.

Improve CW, give the MM a little more bonus features, do a little more Clan/IS balance tweaking, give us more Mechs and maps and then I'll be fine with any game modes you want. (Especially Solaris or 1v1, which I'd rather have first).

Some interesting double standards there... especially since the Private Matches would give you those game modes.

#37 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 07 April 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

Some interesting double standards there... especially since the Private Matches would give you those game modes.

Stop feeding the troll. He's been at it on several other threads with his unconstructive negativity. I think he's just afraid we'll ruin his personal meta.

#38 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 07 April 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

Note that I said I wanted those after everything else. And I'm allowed to want those game modes first, it isn't a double standard, it is my preference of which I want implemented first.

View Postcdlord, on 07 April 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

Stop feeding the troll. He's been at it on several other threads with his unconstructive negativity. I think he's just afraid we'll ruin his personal meta.

It's trolling to recognize better use of resources than making a game mode that few people actually want?

Edited by DavidHurricane, 07 April 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#39 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:10 AM

View Postcdlord, on 07 April 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

I believe you would need to separate out the tech levels as well. A stock IS mech with lostech is superior to any without. And that's not adding in any stock clan mechs either....

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see a stock mode, but there are other factors that need to be taken into account as well.

I've had a stock WHM-6R (tech 1, probably one of the meanest tech 1 mechs too) just wreak MAD-1R's (tech 2), I think it also has to do with the mech in general as well, as some are just plain better than others.

#40 ROSS-128

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 07 April 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Sigh. Didn't read the thread, did you?

I did read the thread, and it's a bunch of nonsense. People are pretending that all stock mechs are balanced with each other when this is blatantly not the case.

OP is a clanner of course, so apparently he has no idea just how bad IS stock mechs are. You can drop in a stock Stormcrow Prime or Nova Prime and do decently as long as you don't land on a hot map. Try that with any IS mech and you'll get your teeth kicked in.

A couple people suggested segregating IS from Clans, but that still doesn't help at all because the factions are not balanced internally! Just look at the stock Cicada, it's pathetic even by IS standards. There is a reason the mechs all have different Battle Values: because they're not balanced for even-numbered teams, and they are most certainly not balanced ton for ton.

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users