#281 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 April 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

Whatever, like I said, I'm not in the streakcrow OP crowd. If you are in a light mech with close range weapons you are at a severe disadvantage (like there is no way you are going to win unless the crow has taken heavy damage already) but this issue doesn't touch me that much because I'm more than happy to bring a Dire Wolf or Timber Wolf in the public queue (read: I don't play lights very much so I haven't been jacked up by streakcrows very often, just seen and heard it being done). Soo much fun those mechs are.

This is almost exactly my feelings on this topic as well.

Gone are the days of the OP StreakCat... But same mentality from then follows... If you are a light you know they are in the match... Stay the hell out of the way of their range. Just way to easy too get indirect locks in this game and let go at 60 damage homing LBX.

From what I have seen so, far driving the Streakcrow on my ALT account. If I can get in range, ggclose lights 90% of the time... There is no second chance.... And that's with basic crow and no weapon modules.

This is probably the best Cbill farmer in the game which I am not going to use extensively on my ALT to build a nest of Crows.. LOL...

Edited by ShinVector, 16 April 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#282 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

View PostGyrok, on 16 April 2015 - 05:32 AM, said:

BS...watch the video posted by shin vector...he shoots at cored mechs, and gets a lucky 1 shot on a legged light about to die anyway next time he sneezes. Other than that, a hellbie, that was already completely cored CT, takes 7 volleys to kill...7!

Then, the next gem from that clip is the completely cored raven, that is fighting another raven, and dies in 4 volleys.

I honestly thought you were going to make it hard to refute your claim...now run along and go play in the sand box with the others...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Darian...but, you are a terrible light pilot.

EDIT: To add another point, show me documented numbers where the lights you all are talking about piloting have the same torso twist speed, hill climb rate, etc. as a streak crow, also, have you all forgotten you have JJs? Because the last time I looked at the numbers (not going to lie...it was last night...the time before that was a few days ago...) The worst case scenario for the 150 kph lights is TT speed around 100 deg/sec. Meanwhile, the streak crows are in the 80 deg/sec-ish range. Also, lights are small/tiny hill climb, streak crows are medium hill climb...then you have...my favorite...JJs, and/or ECM...

All those tools to beat streak crows and you are complaining...?

As I said before..."gitgud"

Your funny gyrok, using your video why do you not run that same scenario on every light and chassis 1000 times and THEN you MIGHT get a pattern. Using one experiment does not make it gospel by any stretch of the imagination.

The fact is shoot a light twice and he is hurting hit him 3 times and he is all but dead. Once again you are forgetting the cold hard fact that the missiles DO NOT impact equally on parts, some get more, others get less.

I will just leave this little gem here for you and everyone else to see and judge for themselves.

I believe you are talking about this video

I suggest you watch it again, At 4:13 you will see 2 FULL alphas to the Raven and at 4:26 2 FULL Alphas to the Commando and at 4:42 2 FULL alphas and then 3 SSRM 6's for a total of 2.5 alphas to the Hellbringer. I like the way you inflated the numbers. He was actually chain firing his missiles so not to get Ghost Heat I would assume. And the Cored raven your talking about at 6:20 took 2 FULL alphas to bring down.

Man you really need to stop inflating stuff and actually look at the video.

In regards to me being a terrible light pilot. That's funny too.

You have lost all credibility here bro, Understand that he is not firing full alphas when he is firing he is firing 3xSSRM6 then 2xSSRM6 to avoid the GH penalty. If your going to quote a video at least try to sound like you know what your talking about.

This video also illustrates a huge problem with streaks. The fact that the reticule does not have to be on the target to maintain lock. Also the fact that the torso launchers are attached to the arm reticule instead of the torso reticule. Fix that and streak will be where they need to be. That one fix alone is really all that is needed.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 16 April 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#283 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 16 April 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

I suggest you watch it again, At 4:13 you will see 2 FULL alphas to the Raven and at 4:26 2 FULL Alphas to the Commando and at 4:42 2 FULL alphas and then 3 SSRM 6's for a total of 2.5 alphas to the Hellbringer. I like the way you inflated the numbers. He was actually chain firing his missiles so not to get Ghost Heat I would assume. And the Cored raven your talking about at 6:20 took 2 FULL alphas to bring down.

The point is... See a light.. Pounce of them an ggclose them EZ Mode style. ;)
My ALT is team player... Getting rid of those nasty OP light mechs so, those QQ assault mech pilots don't get ***** by them.

All lights gone ? Got spare Streaks.. Time to pepper the the closest unsuspecting enemy mech with them to farm damage and cbills.

Edited by ShinVector, 16 April 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#284 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

View PostShinVector, on 16 April 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

This is almost exactly my feelings on this topic as well.

Then what were we arguing about several pages back?

This is what I've been saying. It's not OP. It's pretty good at one thing, but since that one thing is so niche and it's pretty meh (if not outright bad) at anything else it's not that great of a build. I suppose it's also a good c-bill farmer, but I suspect that my LRM-5 version is even better at that due to range.

#285 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 16 April 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

Then what were we arguing about several pages back?

This is what I've been saying. It's not OP. It's pretty good at one thing, but since that one thing is so niche and it's pretty meh (if not outright bad) at anything else it's not that great of a build. I suppose it's also a good c-bill farmer, but I suspect that my LRM-5 version is even better at that due to range.

Just the Clan Wolf dude... Brushing off the shear effectiveness of Streakcrows destroying lights in EZ mode fashion.
I am light pilot after all...

LRM are slightly worst.. Streaks are truly fire and forget. Faster & Double Damage too.

Edited by ShinVector, 16 April 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#286 RogueLdr

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:40 PM

Just deleted my long and detailed post in favor of simply saying this.

Streaks are decently effective for one thing and one thing only.

Stop trying to engage much larger mechs in wide open spaces, who are boating a weapons system who's only use is fighting lights in open spaces.

I can see stumbling around a corner into one or him maybe catching you off guard for a second, but if you stick around long enough for him to actually get a second alpha off on you.... you're doing something wrong. (for that matter if anything alphas you twice you'd probably be just as screwed.)

Even if you get unlucky and fully half of his missiles all hit one leg; that's not even enough damage to strip all the armor off a FS, let alone leg it. Stop trying to circle strafe him and GTFO.

You're much faster, much more maneuverable and probably have JJ; you should be the one dictating the fight, not him.

I'm friends with several very good light pilots, when i'm watching them play, most of their kills never even see them coming. let alone alpha them a couple times.

Will leave you with this thought:

You're complaining about having a hard time against one build specifically made to fight one kind of mech... Try rounding a corner into a crab or a dire with any decent build in ANYTHING that doesn't go faster then 150 and see how well you fair. Welcome to our world lol

#287 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:55 AM

View PostRogueLdr, on 16 April 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

You're complaining about having a hard time against one build specifically made to fight one kind of mech... Try rounding a corner into a crab or a dire with any decent build in ANYTHING that doesn't go faster then 150 and see how well you fair. Welcome to our world lol

Dires and King Crabs go *half* the speed of the stormcrow while the Stormcrow, when boating all streaks, has the same amount of alpha damage, can use them at longer ranges than the IS ML, and because they are streaks - as long as terrain doesn't get in the way, that damage always hits.

It doesn't need to be pinpoint to be overwhelming. Anything with less than 40 armor in a section, or any mech that's been cored, is vulnerable to that much damage.

If you're rounding corners on big, slow, obvious 100 ton mechs, you are doing something wrong.

If you're pounced on by a streakcrow in anything but a fresh assault mech, there's nothing you can really do.

#288 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:18 AM

View PostTelmasa, on 17 April 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

If you're pounced on by a streakcrow in anything but a fresh assault mech, there's nothing you can really do.

This just isn't true!

#289 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:27 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 16 April 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

Your funny gyrok, using your video why do you not run that same scenario on every light and chassis 1000 times and THEN you MIGHT get a pattern. Using one experiment does not make it gospel by any stretch of the imagination.

The fact is shoot a light twice and he is hurting hit him 3 times and he is all but dead. Once again you are forgetting the cold hard fact that the missiles DO NOT impact equally on parts, some get more, others get less.

I will just leave this little gem here for you and everyone else to see and judge for themselves.

I believe you are talking about this video

Man you really need to stop inflating stuff and actually look at the video.

In regards to me being a terrible light pilot. That's funny too.

You have lost all credibility here bro, Understand that he is not firing full alphas when he is firing he is firing 3xSSRM6 then 2xSSRM6 to avoid the GH penalty. If your going to quote a video at least try to sound like you know what your talking about.

This video also illustrates a huge problem with streaks. The fact that the reticule does not have to be on the target to maintain lock. Also the fact that the torso launchers are attached to the arm reticule instead of the torso reticule. Fix that and streak will be where they need to be. That one fix alone is really all that is needed.

That is not my video.

Also, those mechs you are discussing are already cored, most of them on multiple torsos.

Last night, I was driving a TW with 2 CERPPC and 4SRM4, and a raven cut out in front of me and tried to run off...I 1 shot him in the back with an alpha. Is that SRM build more deadly to lights with less SRMs?

L2P.

View PostShinVector, on 16 April 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

Just the Clan Wolf dude... Brushing off the shear effectiveness of Streakcrows destroying lights in EZ mode fashion.
I am light pilot after all...

LRM are slightly worst.. Streaks are truly fire and forget. Faster & Double Damage too.

Streaks do not stay on target if you lose lock. Streaks are also not EZ mode if you meet a good light pilot.

The skill threshold in the average pub queue match for most pilots is just above figuring out how to run a mech proficiently. Add shooting at something to that process and their reactions are extremely slowed, and aim is poor.

If you see something different, you must not be in carry hard hell.

View PostTelmasa, on 17 April 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

Dires and King Crabs go *half* the speed of the stormcrow while the Stormcrow, when boating all streaks, has the same amount of alpha damage, can use them at longer ranges than the IS ML, and because they are streaks - as long as terrain doesn't get in the way, that damage always hits.

It doesn't need to be pinpoint to be overwhelming. Anything with less than 40 armor in a section, or any mech that's been cored, is vulnerable to that much damage.

If you're rounding corners on big, slow, obvious 100 ton mechs, you are doing something wrong.

IS ML = 540m range with no modules and no quirks.

Clan streaks = 396m range with range 5 module.

You cannot out range them how? Are you not aware that missiles do not double range? If that is the case, that is fine...but point made. Anything else I can teach you?

#290 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:00 AM

View PostGyrok, on 17 April 2015 - 04:27 AM, said:

:huh: I this just shows how long some people haven't been using IS tech.
Fyi... That further than the IDEAL range of IS Large Laser. ;)

#291 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:28 AM

That is not my video.

Also, those mechs you are discussing are already cored, most of them on multiple torsos.

Last night, I was driving a TW with 2 CERPPC and 4SRM4, and a raven cut out in front of me and tried to run off...I 1 shot him in the back with an alpha. Is that SRM build more deadly to lights with less SRMs?

L2P.

Streaks do not stay on target if you lose lock. Streaks are also not EZ mode if you meet a good light pilot.

The skill threshold in the average pub queue match for most pilots is just above figuring out how to run a mech proficiently. Add shooting at something to that process and their reactions are extremely slowed, and aim is poor.

If you see something different, you must not be in carry hard hell.

Clan streaks = 396m range with range 5 module.

You cannot out range them how? Are you not aware that missiles do not double range? If that is the case, that is fine...but point made. Anything else I can teach you?

IS ML at 540m...1/5 damage.

Clan Streak 6 at 396m...FULL damage.

#292 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 17 April 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

Need to correct you there dude. Default IS MLs max range is 540M.. means at that range 0 damage.

Edited by ShinVector, 17 April 2015 - 05:47 AM.

#293 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:11 AM

That is not my video.

I'm sorry I thought you said

View PostGyrok, on 16 April 2015 - 05:32 AM, said:

BS...watch the video posted by shin vector...he shoots at cored mechs, and gets a lucky 1 shot on a legged light about to die anyway next time he sneezes. Other than that, a hellbie, that was already completely cored CT, takes 7 volleys to kill...7!

Then, the next gem from that clip is the completely cored raven, that is fighting another raven, and dies in 4 volleys.

I honestly thought you were going to make it hard to refute your claim...now run along and go play in the sand box with the others...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Darian...but, you are a terrible light pilot.

You did not shoot that video correct, but you referenced it to great length INFLATING YOUR INFORMATION in the process.

Are we slightly upset that you got called out on your information that YOU provided? Like I said, you just lost all credibility and now your trying to avoid the topic.

And in regards to your L2P comment

I will just leave these here

Posted Image

Legging is OP

Posted Image

Once again Legs are tasty

Posted Image

Urbies are OP

Posted Image

I could post more, those are average matches for me. Happened in the last hour or so.

I suggest instead of you telling people how to L2P that you yourself at least not make up information. I am merely using your information that you provided. Not my or any one else fault you made up numbers

#294 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:30 AM

Dont 1:1 a streak cow and you are fine. As a light you have to pick your targets anyway. Lights are not supposed to be superior on the battlefield. There are others on your team too.

#295 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostShinVector, on 17 April 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

270m x2 = 540m max range. It has been that way since closed beta...

With range modules, some mechs end up with 338m range on IS MLs, and max range of 676m, some mechs end up with even more range than that...

View PostGhost Badger, on 17 April 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

Ok, quirked TDK = 338m effective range for IS MLs.

I was making a point...quirks exacerbate that point as well...

View PostDarian DelFord, on 17 April 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

I'm sorry I thought you said

You did not shoot that video correct, but you referenced it to great length INFLATING YOUR INFORMATION in the process.

Are we slightly upset that you got called out on your information that YOU provided? Like I said, you just lost all credibility and now your trying to avoid the topic.

And in regards to your L2P comment

I will just leave these here

Posted Image

Legging is OP

Posted Image

Once again Legs are tasty

Posted Image

Urbies are OP

Posted Image

I could post more, those are average matches for me. Happened in the last hour or so.

I suggest instead of you telling people how to L2P that you yourself at least not make up information. I am merely using your information that you provided. Not my or any one else fault you made up numbers

I did not provide the video...shin vector did.

How about you pay attention.

Also, all your anecdotal screen shots mean nothing...I can go out and put up 700 damage and 5 kills in a commando in a good match, does anyone consider it OP? No.

For every match you put up a score like you posted, I bet you have another where you got canned by a heavy or assault mech in the first 3-4 minutes and put up 100 damage too...but how many of those matches did you screen shot? None? Color me unimpressed and not surprised.

As for L2P, it is true for a scrub like you.

Keep coming back, you will make the ignore list like the other trolls.

#296 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

The existence of the Streakcrow forces IS light pilots to play smarter. That's about it. Clan light pilots typically already play smarter because they don't have the speed of an IS light to compensate for tactical errors.

What do I mean by play smarter? "Scouting" does not mean running off on your own, deep into enemy territory, where your teammates cannot help you if you run into trouble. It means watching the flanks, or being slightly ahead of the main force, or on a ridge providing overwatch... things like that. From positions where if you encounter a Streakcrow, you can escape back to your team and quite possibly drag the Streakcrow back with you to its doom.

If it seems like you're always running into Streakcrows and getting killed while you're off "doing your job" then, with apologies to Steve Jobs, you're doing it wrong.

#297 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostRoadkill, on 17 April 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

From positions where if you encounter a Streakcrow, you can escape back to your team and quite possibly drag the Streakcrow back with you to its doom.

12 Seconds.... From whats that !?
ggclose... ;)

*On a side note.. Pretty sure the Spider pilot that got shot down is a better mech pilot than most people in this thread. But too bad.. Streakcrow pouncing powa.. :wacko:

#298 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostGyrok, on 17 April 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

Ok, quirked TDK = 338m effective range for IS MLs.

I don't usually like to go out on a limb with absolutes...but I'm gonna go ahead and say that 1:1 you will never take out my Streakcrow with a ML-quirked Death's Knell. Ever. Good luck.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 17 April 2015 - 12:14 PM.

#299 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostShinVector, on 17 April 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

Yet, it's true.

At 400M, streaks do nothing.

At 400M, unquirked isMLs (of which there are very few) deal ~2.6 damage per ML.

At 500M, it deals 0.74 damage per laser...

Generic 10% range quirk (or module) brings that to 1.74 damage at 500M.
20% makes it 2.7 at 500M.

Aside from the unquirked ML, that's not negligible damage.

#300 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostShinVector, on 17 April 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

12 Seconds.... From whats that !?
ggclose... ;)

Yes, and others have posted videos showing Lights surviving 5+ full volleys from a Streakcrow. I personally observed one that engaged an Urbanmech that was already damaged and it took 5 full volleys (3x6, 2x4) to kill it, after which the Streakcrow promptly died.

One example is not proof. And regardless, that Spider clearly wasn't near teammates and was doing exactly what I said IS Lights have to learn to NOT do when there are Streakcrows around.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users