• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostShinVector, on 17 April 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

12 Seconds.... From whats that !?
ggclose... ;)

The funny part is the second alpha you lost the lock and the ssrms followed the spider anyway. not to say that this would have saved him, since you got the lock back, but then well he would have been around of the corner and radar derp would have caused tracklose. So in the end he died, because the dice didn't liked the spider and both salvos shot his back. this was 60 damage to 7 parts - so somwhat 8 damage the first time rip of the rear armor and kill the internals the second time. But jeah hail the ssrm - i just thought a second what you have done to a battlemaster or banshee coming out of the tunnel instead of the spider when you were all alone there. :ph34r:

This thread runs from one extreme to the other, without coming to anything - while at least the most have the same conclusion - situational well but not op or something like the OP means.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 17 April 2015 - 01:57 PM.

#302 danneskold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:59 PM

Is there a reason IS Cant get multi pack SSRM beyond 2? Is that a later star date or something?

#303 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:40 PM

View Postdanneskold, on 17 April 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Is there a reason IS Cant get multi pack SSRM beyond 2? Is that a later star date or something?

they do not have invented them jet - timeline needs to advance so they get it.

#304 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:55 PM

View PostGyrok, on 17 April 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

270m x2 = 540m max range. It has been that way since closed beta...

With range modules, some mechs end up with 338m range on IS MLs, and max range of 676m, some mechs end up with even more range than that...

Ok, quirked TDK = 338m effective range for IS MLs.

I was making a point...quirks exacerbate that point as well...

I did not provide the video...shin vector did.

How about you pay attention.

Also, all your anecdotal screen shots mean nothing...I can go out and put up 700 damage and 5 kills in a commando in a good match, does anyone consider it OP? No.

For every match you put up a score like you posted, I bet you have another where you got canned by a heavy or assault mech in the first 3-4 minutes and put up 100 damage too...but how many of those matches did you screen shot? None? Color me unimpressed and not surprised.

As for L2P, it is true for a scrub like you.

Keep coming back, you will make the ignore list like the other trolls.

Oh I am sorry are you butt hurt that YOU referenced Vectors video, described it in length purposefully INFLATED the numbers of ALPHAS.

I then took the time to research said video that you referenced watched it multiple times and discovered the truth.

I then posted said video of Vector, along with my observations which you have YET to acknowledge because you know damn well you just got busted.

Further the experiment I am referring to is the video someone shot earlier in the testing ground on forest colony with the command. run taht test a 1000 times then post the results for every light and every chassis.

And all you can do for rebuttal the above is to continuously state L2P scrub ;)

That tells us informed people a few things about ya :P

Edited by Darian DelFord, 17 April 2015 - 02:56 PM.

#305 danneskold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

Ok, I dont know the lore that well, so in 2050, IS doenst have anything more than SSRM2.

In lore, do IS use clan weapons? I know they cant make them - but did they retrofit to their chassis? Captured tech, imo, would add a lot to CW....as would having the clans do a bid like they did, so it is not 12v12, but 12 vs 36 or something....I know the code cant do that, etc, but would relieve the balance issue...really - that is a whole other topic.

#306 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

View Postdanneskold, on 17 April 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Ok, I dont know the lore that well, so in 2050, IS doenst have anything more than SSRM2.

In lore, do IS use clan weapons? I know they cant make them - but did they retrofit to their chassis? Captured tech, imo, would add a lot to CW....as would having the clans do a bid like they did, so it is not 12v12, but 12 vs 36 or something....I know the code cant do that, etc, but would relieve the balance issue...really - that is a whole other topic.

Yes...though they often didn't work properly as a result of being a "phrankenmech." Advance the timeline far enough and you get the IIC mechs...Clan-based updates of the old school inner sphere.

Nerdgasm. They're the super OP awesome mechs ;)

#307 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

In lore, do IS use clan weapons? I know they cant make them - but did they retrofit to their chassis?

Eventually, but it was pretty rare and more-or-less restricted to "hero" figures.

#308 Red1769

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 349 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

Yes, IS does use clan weapons if they salvage it, even reverse engineered(?) a few items and made mechs/omnimechs based off of some of them. There are even some retro-fitted varients of a select few that aren't the IIC versions, but as said, they didn't work well after a while. Though as said, not in a long while...like, 3058 or so with Operation Bulldog. The few that I remember right off hand is Archer Christifori's Penetrator, a Ceaser I think in a heavily battered merc unit that was fixing it up with spare salvaged gear (both clan and IS), and a Barghest in one of Christifori's regiments, though only for a trial, maybe a few battles afterwards.

#309 danneskold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

what is IIC?

#310 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:22 PM

View PostGyrok, on 17 April 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

For every match you put up a score like you posted, I bet you have another where you got canned by a heavy or assault mech in the first 3-4 minutes and put up 100 damage too...but how many of those matches did you screen shot? None? Color me unimpressed and not surprised.

As for L2P, it is true for a scrub like you.

Keep coming back, you will make the ignore list like the other trolls.
You're pretty insufferable, dude. Don't assume that someone who disagrees with you is automatically a bad pilot.

With all of the power creep etc. I likely won't ever crack a 4.0 KDR / 2.0 W:L on my JR7-F again, but a statistically average match for me is 465 damage with 2 kills and a 56% chance of dying. I reckon he's somewhere in the same neighborhood.

The frustrating part about Streakcrows is that they force you to adjust your playstyle to account for the mere possibility of their existence, because eating a volley or two makes you functionally useless for the rest of the match, and any mouthbreather can do it.

#311 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

Seriously, the biggest advantage of a light mech is being able to pop up anywhere on the battlefield with an alpha or two. The presence of a Streakcrow negates that ENTIRELY, because it's guaranteed to remove at least 1/5 of my total hitpoints if it spots me without vertical cover, with the potential for more depending on map geography. Unless I know for 100% fact that there are no Streakcrows on the field, I function as a medium mech, because if I guess wrong, my match is effectively over.

Other builds can do more damage, faster, but I trust my piloting ability to keep me safe for the most part against those builds. Any idiot with a heartbeat can take out a light in a Streakcrow.

#312 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 17 April 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

Oh I am sorry are you butt hurt that YOU referenced Vectors video, described it in length purposefully INFLATED the numbers of ALPHAS.

I then took the time to research said video that you referenced watched it multiple times and discovered the truth.

I then posted said video of Vector, along with my observations which you have YET to acknowledge because you know damn well you just got busted.

Further the experiment I am referring to is the video someone shot earlier in the testing ground on forest colony with the command. run taht test a 1000 times then post the results for every light and every chassis.

And all you can do for rebuttal the above is to continuously state L2P scrub ;)

That tells us informed people a few things about ya :P

I have some video from testing grounds...ran a SSRM30 crow and with 600 SSRMs, I could only kill the 4 smallest mechs on the map.

The commando took over 130 streaks to kill at 50m, the cicada took about 150 streaks, and a centurion took 180 streaks...

Keep in mind, those mechs are stock armor, and the Cicada has 24 armor in some places, and the commando is even worse off than that...

#313 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:51 PM

View PostGyrok, on 17 April 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

I have some video from testing grounds...ran a SSRM30 crow and with 600 SSRMs, I could only kill the 4 smallest mechs on the map.

The commando took over 130 streaks to kill at 50m, the cicada took about 150 streaks, and a centurion took 180 streaks...

Keep in mind, those mechs are stock armor, and the Cicada has 24 armor in some places, and the commando is even worse off than that...

You could also consider the XL, and count ST removal as death.

It is an important factor in small robots.

#314 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

View PostGyrok, on 17 April 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

Stationary mechs from the fore and aft will be best at spreading damage. Maneuvers that are necessary to avoid taking fire from 100% of other builds are the exact things that will cause streaks to clump up.

It's a completely binary thing. Do I avoid the streaks, or do I get picked off by his teammates? Do I do my best to contribute to the match, or do I assume there are streak missiles around every corner?

It isn't fair. It isn't fun. It's complete Rock-Paper-Scissors. The build is either worthless or unbeatable, with zero input of player skill once the fighting starts. Maybe it isn't OP, but it 100% makes the game worse, not better.

#315 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:04 PM

View PostRampancyTW, on 17 April 2015 - 07:52 PM, said:

Stationary mechs from the fore and aft will be best at spreading damage. Maneuvers that are necessary to avoid taking fire from 100% of other builds are the exact things that will cause streaks to clump up.

It's a completely binary thing. Do I avoid the streaks, or do I get picked off by his teammates? Do I do my best to contribute to the match, or do I assume there are streak missiles around every corner?

It isn't fair. It isn't fun. It's complete Rock-Paper-Scissors. The build is either worthless or unbeatable, with zero input of player skill once the fighting starts. Maybe it isn't OP, but it 100% makes the game worse, not better.

So, then, what is your opinion of increasing the DPS on all weapons by 3+ fold, and increasing armor to double?

What is your opinion of the fact that in TT, many guns could one shot lights...in MWO, no single gun can do that?

What is your opinion of the ability to change engines to arbitrary numbers that make light mechs absurdly fast comparatively, and make some chassis almost bullet proof in the right hands without a rock/paper/scissors mechanic?

I have seen FS9s tank more beams and AC fire through sheer hit reg, lagshield, glancing blows, and other things than an Atlas torso twisting with his "A" game to tank for a team...

Do you think that is proportionally suited for weight classes?

This goes both ways...whether you like it or not. It does not make the game worse to have a hard counter for something that is a hard counter to something else...

#316 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostGyrok, on 17 April 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

So, then, what is your opinion of increasing the DPS on all weapons by 3+ fold, and increasing armor to double?

What is your opinion of the fact that in TT, many guns could one shot lights...in MWO, no single gun can do that?

What is your opinion of the ability to change engines to arbitrary numbers that make light mechs absurdly fast comparatively, and make some chassis almost bullet proof in the right hands without a rock/paper/scissors mechanic?

I have seen FS9s tank more beams and AC fire through sheer hit reg, lagshield, glancing blows, and other things than an Atlas torso twisting with his "A" game to tank for a team...

Do you think that is proportionally suited for weight classes?

This goes both ways...whether you like it or not. It does not make the game worse to have a hard counter for something that is a hard counter to something else...
This has absolutely nothing to do with my post, but I'll bite.

1.) No real issues with this, although I think quirks have overbuffed the hell out of DPS on some mechs.

2.) Still plenty easy to 1-shot a light mech with a well-placed Alpha.

3.) XL 280 is source material-allowed for 35 tonners and is plenty fast, not really much of a difference here.

4.) Firestarter hitboxes have always been a problem, especially given their capacity to do damage. Hitreg has definitely been better on them lately, though. Not sure if they tweaked anything but I see a lot more FS9s falling to Side Torso destruction.

5.) Light mechs are not a hard counter to anything else in the game. They're a soft counter in some situations against some mechs, but even a slow lone assault can track fast enough to keep up with a light mech's speed or put its back to a wall. The only hard counter in the game is boated streaks against lights, and it's a 0-skill interaction.

#317 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

View PostKuritaclan, on 17 April 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

The funny part is the second alpha you lost the lock and the ssrms followed the spider anyway. not to say that this would have saved him, since you got the lock back, but then well he would have been around of the corner and radar derp would have caused tracklose. So in the end he died, because the dice didn't liked the spider and both salvos shot his back. this was 60 damage to 7 parts - so somwhat 8 damage the first time rip of the rear armor and kill the internals the second time. But jeah hail the ssrm - i just thought a second what you have done to a battlemaster or banshee coming out of the tunnel instead of the spider when you were all alone there. :ph34r:

This thread runs from one extreme to the other, without coming to anything - while at least the most have the same conclusion - situational well but not op or something like the OP means.

To my understanding is this one of the difference between SSRM and LRM.
No need to maintain lock. Lock fire.. SSRM will home towards targets (bones) and will hit unless obstructed.

I believe it is due to the issue you cannot dumb fire SSRM, it will fly towards its target or last target, whatever it is...
Would require some testing to verify...

Too bad were don't have moving targets in testing grounds.

View PostRampancyTW, on 17 April 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

You're pretty insufferable, dude. Don't assume that someone who disagrees with you is automatically a bad pilot.

With all of the power creep etc. I likely won't ever crack a 4.0 KDR / 2.0 W:L on my JR7-F again, but a statistically average match for me is 465 damage with 2 kills and a 56% chance of dying. I reckon he's somewhere in the same neighborhood.

The frustrating part about Streakcrows is that they force you to adjust your playstyle to account for the mere possibility of their existence, because eating a volley or two makes you functionally useless for the rest of the match, and any mouthbreather can do it.

There are the words of a light pilot... Not a pretender.
What to do.. Light have been getting the short end of the stick for the longest time.

Edited by ShinVector, 17 April 2015 - 09:24 PM.

#318 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:57 PM

View PostShinVector, on 17 April 2015 - 09:18 PM, said:

To my understanding is this one of the difference between SSRM and LRM.
No need to maintain lock. Lock fire.. SSRM will home towards targets (bones) and will hit unless obstructed.

I believe it is due to the issue you cannot dumb fire SSRM, it will fly towards its target or last target, whatever it is...
Would require some testing to verify...

Too bad were don't have moving targets in testing grounds.

There are the words of a light pilot... Not a pretender.
What to do.. Light have been getting the short end of the stick for the longest time.

Play ERLL raven with ECM.

Avoid streak crows

Profit

#319 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:26 PM

View PostGyrok, on 17 April 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

Play ERLL raven with ECM.

Avoid streak crows

Profit Get eaten by a Firestarter.

:P

#320 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:50 PM

The StreakCrow purpose is to intercept lights and any lesser than 40 tons. on average, is anyway nothing more and nothing less than another stormcrow build.. players with relatively high ping will be more effective in a streakcrow, while low ping players will prefer laserboating em.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users