#181 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:58 AM

View PostGyrok, on 14 April 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

So, the lesson here is 216 SSRMs later, a FS9 was down an arm, and eventually a ST that killed him.

Streaks not OP.

You realise that is 432 Damage right ?
Aka... You missed a hell of A LOT !!

#182 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:04 AM

View PostShinVector, on 14 April 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Nope, it spread...nearly every part of that FS9 was cored out...he lost an arm in the process, between structure buffs and everything else they are quite sturdy.

This was a CW match, he was last mech, in the open field on Boreal near attacker spawn. There was no elevation cover, he was just running through the group of mechs.

Edited by Gyrok, 14 April 2015 - 06:05 AM.

#183 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:05 AM

It takes 3 volleys of 36 streaks each to kill the base commando on forest colony training, assuming all hit and are not eaten by terrain, etc.

Don't get me wrong, when I have a streak boat I mercilessly go after lights - mostly because a good FS9, JR7 or LCT pilot can eat assaults if left unchecked.

However, today's anecdotal case in point. I had time for one quick drop before work - I was in an urbanmech, and rounded a corner to a Streak36 Mad Dog. That's a build I know how to run well, but I was in a hurry so decided I'd brawl it in my Urbanmech. It'd be fun, likely quick, and then I'd head to work.

Sadly, after I killed him (dragging his streaks through terrain, etc. to minimize damage) I had to find someone else to fight.

Streaks = not overpowered, but very situationally good.

#184 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:21 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 13 April 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

There isn't a Stormcrow with all Streaks in the Lore. So blame something else for your hate of the Stormcrow.

This is Game Mechanics not lore.

LOLZ

I was going to mention this, but you did it so well Joe !

dear OP, we all remember OP don't we folks ?
The most launchers a LORE Stormcrow has ar 2 LRM 20 and 2 SRM2 launchers.
the Most Streak 6 launches A LORE CANON crow has is 2 yes 2 not 6

What causes 6xstreakboats 6xppc stalkers, (which helped bring about the hated ghost heat) is the dumb open customisation system PGI decided to use.

So it your going to rant and RANT, rant at PGI and not DA LORE :angry:

Edited by Cathy, 14 April 2015 - 06:22 AM.

#185 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:25 AM

View PostCathy, on 14 April 2015 - 06:21 AM, said:

LOLZ

I was going to mention this, but you did it so well Joe !

dear OP, we all remember OP don't we folks ?
The most launchers a LORE Stormcrow has ar 2 LRM 20 and 2 SRM2 launchers.
the Most Streak 6 launches A LORE CANON crow has is 2 yes 2 not 6

What causes 6xstreakboats 6xppc stalkers, (which helped bring about the hated ghost heat) is the dumb open customisation system PGI decided to use.

Just a technicality...Streakcrow is 5 launchers...

Also, another technicality...if you wanted to take the time to have omnipods configured, you could have had as many launchers as you wanted with whatever...because omnipods.

Otherwise...carry on :P

#186 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:58 AM

View PostGyrok, on 14 April 2015 - 06:04 AM, said:

Nope, it spread...nearly every part of that FS9 was cored out...he lost an arm in the process, between structure buffs and everything else they are quite sturdy.

This was a CW match, he was last mech, in the open field on Boreal near attacker spawn. There was no elevation cover, he was just running through the group of mechs.
FYI, a FS9 has 357 MAXIMUM hitpoints, including 31 head. So 326 for SSRM purposes. It also doesn't have any structure buffs.

#187 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

View PostRampancyTW, on 14 April 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

FYI, a FS9 has 357 MAXIMUM hitpoints, including 31 head. So 326 for SSRM purposes. It also doesn't have any structure buffs.
don't forget damage reduction for hitting already destroyed parts

#188 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 14 April 2015 - 05:38 AM, said:

The smart streakcrows actually only take 3 ssrm6s and have 4 to 5 medicine lasers as well so they can not be useless drags on their team when fighting anything heavier than a Cicada or facing overlapping ECM or facing ERLL lights.

I'm actually already on the same page, the streakcrow build I used to run was 3ssrm6 5ersl.. though I guess tag and the new 4 E hardpoint will make that build a lot better. they aren't mediums, but I just love CERSL

Edited by LordBraxton, 14 April 2015 - 07:06 AM.

#189 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 14 April 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

don't forget damage reduction for hitting already destroyed parts
Arms fall off, and a legged light is a dead light. Any efficient light build is going to have an XL engine.

#190 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostRampancyTW, on 14 April 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

Arms fall off, and a legged light is a dead light. Any efficient light build is going to have an XL engine.
yup, but going by his/her raw data, we have to assume worse case scenario (pug/troll/newplayer in stock)

#191 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:50 AM

i saw a streakcrow with a few launchers, no back up weapon and a tag today, it did pretty well...

View PostRampancyTW, on 14 April 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

unless it's a clan light which can tolerate losing 1 side torso
also cannot is lights if they are intended as snipers/supports use std too sacrificing their speed for survivability

#192 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostRampancyTW, on 14 April 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

Hit reg/etc. Streaks in my stats show a 60-70% hit %. So, it does not surprise me that not 100% of 216 SSRMs hit...should not surprise you either...

#193 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

Well just a little clip, how SSRM Spread work out. And why you sometimes need so much damage to bring down a single mech, and others complain they fall like flys.

View PostGyrok, on 14 April 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Hit reg/etc. Streaks in my stats show a 60-70% hit %. So, it does not surprise me that not 100% of 216 SSRMs hit...should not surprise you either...

Jeah have between 67% and 73% on my SSRMS - the downfall is terrain, i don't think that hitreg tend to eat that much of the damage.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 14 April 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#194 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:54 AM

Indeed. I am oddly more accurate with an AC 20 than with streaks. (assuming the stats page is correct) *shrug*

#195 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostCathy, on 14 April 2015 - 06:21 AM, said:

Oh, dear gawds, this is hilarious. The customization rules for omnimechs in table top are far, FAR more open than the ones you deride here. Hardpoints? What's a hardpoint? You have 23 tons of podspace, go to town. You want 10xSSRM4 with 3 tons of ammo? Go for it. You want 10xERSL, 2xERLL, 6xjump jet, and 7 extra heat sinks? It's yours. Oh, oh, 8xLRM5, 4 tons of ammo, 5xJump Jet, ECM, an extra heat sink, and 13xERSL? Not a problem!

Yeah, tell us again how "dumb" the open customization rules in MWO are.

#196 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostEscef, on 14 April 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

Oh, dear gawds, this is hilarious. The customization rules for omnimechs in table top are far, FAR more open than the ones you deride here. Hardpoints? What's a hardpoint? You have 23 tons of podspace, go to town. You want 10xSSRM4 with 3 tons of ammo? Go for it. You want 10xERSL, 2xERLL, 6xjump jet, and 7 extra heat sinks? It's yours. Oh, oh, 8xLRM5, 4 tons of ammo, 5xJump Jet, ECM, an extra heat sink, and 13xERSL? Not a problem!

Yeah, tell us again how "dumb" the open customization rules in MWO are.

EXCEPT... if it is a Official Game, then there is ZERO customizing. You use what the GM has listed and you will like it or lump it.

Also there is a clause in the customizing rules. The customization MUST be accepted by all players in teh game. I can't come to your table using my MODs unless everyone is good with it.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 14 April 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#197 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:54 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 14 April 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

EXCEPT... if it is a Official Game, then there is ZERO customizing. You use what the GM has listed and you will like it or lump it.

Also there is a clause in the customizing rules. The customization MUST be accepted by all players in teh game. I can't come to your table using my MODs unless everyone is good with it.

Provided you use the official customization rules for kitting out an omnimech, all the configurations are legal so long as you are not participating in some kind of campaign or event that is canon variants only.

And, yeah, in table top you do have to play nice with others, especially in a casual environment. I know that's a crazy thing to consider to people used to online games, but it's amazing how well people get along when they don't treat each other like crap.

#198 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

I would love to see a Firestarter (without AMS or teammates with AMS) tank 8 Streakcrow Salvos. I really would.

#199 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 14 April 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

I would love to see a Firestarter (without AMS or teammates with AMS) tank 8 Streakcrow Salvos. I really would.

It was a bit surprising to watch...honestly...I figured after the 2nd pair of volleys he would drop...

#200 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:42 PM

View PostShinVector, on 14 April 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Considering the whole QQ is that SSRMs "can't miss"..... that should speak for itself.

41 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users