Set Affinity And Priority

Help Me

6 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymous Legion

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

I went into task manager i want to set affinity and priority of the MWOclient.exe but it wont let me i have 12 cores in my system i want the game to use them.

It keeps saying you do not have permission im administrator

it let me set affinity on other programs.

#2 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:48 AM

You can't increase number of cores used by game you can only decrease quantity. Not touch affinity is a best option.

#3 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

Exactly. It is out of your control to tell a program how many cores to use, that's in the hands of the programmers. You can only restrict how many it has access to.

#4 Anonymous Legion

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

simple facts are i have 12 core what's the point in having these cores and hype from companies like Microsoft or Intel if the programs simply don't use them.

#5 M X Striker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 114 posts
  • LocationAwesome, USA

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:14 PM

The folks who've posted above have the right of it. You'll also want to make sure you've chosen to run the 64-bit client from the Patcher Settings menu presuming you have a 64-bit system with all those cores. GL/HF!

#6 Anonymous Legion

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:20 PM

The cores are spread over 2 processors i wanted to tell the mw .exe which processor to use.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

If it's not programmed that way, then you just can't do it. More processors and more cores doesn't mean anything if programs aren't coded to take advantage of it (and the majority of programs aren't for a few different reasons, one being that a majority of computer users out there only have dual-core systems). Higher end programs are usually coded for more high end systems, but MWO is probably not the best example with it's small dev team and limited resources.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users