When And If It Comes Time For The Jenner....

43 replies to this topic

#21 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:35 PM

I agree, all the little pest Jenner needs is a structure buff to the CT.

#22 YokiLin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 154 posts
  • LocationCa, USA

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:35 PM

View PostPast, on 11 May 2015 - 10:27 PM, said:

I'm In top 10 for the founders Jenner ladder atm so have spent the last couple days playing it quite a bit the majority of matches my paper doll upon death has been yellow armor all over with the CT missing.
If i play other lights i can frequently finish a match with several parts stripped of armor unless you cop a well placed alpha of course. A Jenner might be able to allocate a 35 tonners worth of armor but if your only going to survive as long as whats on the CT then your effectively under armored for the weight your bringing. Bonus armor quirk to reflect the physical size of that hitbox is definitely needed imo to keep it more on par with the other 35 ton options. Catapault also has the same problem i think it has 10 extra internal structure but needs a small amount more also. Mechs that cant twist to protect are definitely at a big disadvantage.

*whispers
How about me? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Posted Image

#23 YokiLin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 154 posts
  • LocationCa, USA

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

hey SaltBeef o7

long time no see = )

#24 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:49 PM

Take away the ZippoMech's ridiculous laser quirks, replace them with the flamer quirks it should have gotten to begin with, and watch the Jenner suddenly get some use again. They were out in droves over the weekend for the event, and they did about as well as before quirks dropped from what I saw. It's not a Jenner is too bad problem... it's a Firestarter is too good problem.

The hitboxes are the only things that need adjusting on the Jenner. Nothing else does.

#25 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:54 PM

Yep, I still play! :)

#26 Romeo Deluxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 449 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:59 PM

Some need a NARC quirk like the RVN-3L

#27 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:02 PM

View PostKuritaclan, on 08 April 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

There is 32 armor in total on the jener ST and 44 on the ct.

Do you know the difference between a torso-twisting stormcrow at 20% and a STD shadowhawk at 20%? Death for the latter. The stormy is the king of spreading damage. If this can be done for a jenner to even the smallest extent, it will last long enough to at least run away from death at least once per day. Also we're not talking about shifting ALL damage to one ST, we mean spread it equally for each point of available armor. 40% to the CT & 30% for each side instead of 90% to the center.

BTW your math is wrong, there are TWO side torsos:

44+32+32 > 44

#28 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:13 PM

They should make the top part, where the ventilation grill sits, partly STs. I think this change alone could already help a lot.

#29 TheCharlatan

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:19 PM

My Jenner K, together with my PB, is my favorite light mech.

All Jenners need is a boost to CT armor/structure.

#30 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostPS WrathOfDeadguy, on 11 May 2015 - 10:49 PM, said:

Take away the ZippoMech's ridiculous laser quirks, replace them with the flamer quirks it should have gotten to begin with, and watch the Jenner suddenly get some use again. They were out in droves over the weekend for the event, and they did about as well as before quirks dropped from what I saw. It's not a Jenner is too bad problem... it's a Firestarter is too good problem.

The hitboxes are the only things that need adjusting on the Jenner. Nothing else does.

As someone who drove a Jenner over the weekend, even if you de-quirked the Firestarter, it'd still be better. Better hitboxes, more hard points. The SRM4s aren't the face-punch they used to be, HSR (and the JJ-hitbox fixes) has made lights easier to hit than ever, and the CT is so huge that it's not the damage potential of the Jenner that's the issue, it's the survivability. Thing's only slightly more survivable than a Locust (actually, not sure of that a Locusts are much smaller targets).

#31 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:45 PM

The hitboxes definitely need some work, seriously.

When you can run a jenner like this, or less even on the Torso, and you still get CT cored over and over, pretty clear that there is a problem.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...29adba9ae04ab0b

Jenner should be able to twist out a little more damage evenly instead of taking 90% of it to CT no matter where he gets hit.

#32 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:28 AM

A simple fix for the gigantic torpedo nose center torso would be to make some side sections of the nose count as side torsos. Other mechs like the Locust, Raven, Catapult, Stalker, and even the damn Dragon already have hitboxes like this with their protruding CT so why doesn't the Jenner?

Compare the mechs I mentioned with the Jenner using this thread and it's exceedingly obvious that the Jenner is an exception and it makes very little sense.

View PostMister D, on 11 May 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

The hitboxes definitely need some work, seriously.

When you can run a jenner like this, or less even on the Torso, and you still get CT cored over and over, pretty clear that there is a problem.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...29adba9ae04ab0b

Jenner should be able to twist out a little more damage evenly instead of taking 90% of it to CT no matter where he gets hit.

I would just like to note that in my experience you can pretty comfortably have even less armor on the side torsos and the arms, which I do with this JR7-D build every now and then.

Edited by Pjwned, 12 May 2015 - 01:41 AM.

#33 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

You do not need to touch the hit boxes they are truly just fine. All she needs is a CT Armor/structure both. If you adjust the side toros' its goign to be catastrophic for most builds. Right now the only reason she can even attempt to comepte is teh stipping of the ST armor. Take that away bu adjusting the hit boxes and well there goes at least half a ton.

Just a CT/Armor buff I play Jenners almost exclusively We will not be able to match the firestarters Black Hole Armor nor do we need to.

#34 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:49 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 12 May 2015 - 02:43 AM, said:

You do not need to touch the hit boxes they are truly just fine. All she needs is a CT Armor/structure both. If you adjust the side toros' its goign to be catastrophic for most builds. Right now the only reason she can even attempt to comepte is teh stipping of the ST armor. Take that away bu adjusting the hit boxes and well there goes at least half a ton.

Just a CT/Armor buff I play Jenners almost exclusively We will not be able to match the firestarters Black Hole Armor nor do we need to.

True, making the side torsos bigger to make the center torso smaller would mean more tonnage required for armor, but it would also mean more damage spreading potential and it's just stupid that the side torsos can be safely stripped of almost all armor anyways.

#35 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:18 AM

Took good old Jen out for a few runs during the event.
98% death by CT loss yes.

Giving quirks to armor/internals might help but it is still the powercreep which I don't like.
Making the Firestarter "worse"?
Hmm maybe start by fixing those hit boxes first.
Don't touch the hit boxes on the Jenner though, without a major overhaul in quirks because it's only bonus now is to remove like 80% armor of all locations except CT and legs, maybe keep around 13 points at the head for the AC20 facetank ;)

#36 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostJaeger Gonzo, on 08 April 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

What?
I think no other mek in game has more broken hit boxes. Jenner is actually walking one hit box, center.

Awesome says "What did you say? I must have missed that."

#37 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostVandul, on 12 May 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

Awesome says "What did you say? I must have missed that."

Awesome doesn't have broken hitboxes. It has gigantic hitboxes, slightly different.

#38 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 12 May 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

Awesome doesn't have broken hitboxes. It has gigantic hitboxes, slightly different.

PPC says he doesnt care either way.

#39 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:52 AM

View Posttopgun505, on 08 April 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

I have around 300 matches in Jenners since the last stat wipe.

Know how many times I have died due to side torso destruction?

NOT

ONE

TIME

Sorry man but that is a HUGE red flag that the boxes are in need of at least SOME adjustment.

Increase side torso, reduce center.

Enough said. Ive been playing since Jun 2012 and its been that way since. Maybe its time to give it magical hitboxes like the Spider and Firestarter. You know, take 1000000000000 damage in the torso and run off yellow. :D

#40 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:27 PM

The Jenner needs 1 of 2 things. Either a Quirk for +CT durability, or adding ST hitboxes onto the front sides.

Currently the ST are just that little square between the leg/arm and the main body, THATS IT. The CT is that whole back area, and the huge disc up front. Hence the 'Walking CT' joke that has always been the Jenner.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users