17 replies to this topic

#1 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

Hi,

I played my first two games since the April 7th patch tonight and had a lot of rubber banding and even a couple of cases of teleporting. In one case, on the forest colony map, I found my hunchback got to the top of the hill with the antenna going up an almost sheer cliff. I have no idea what happened or how it was managed since there is no way my mech could normally ascend the hill at that location.

Any suggestions on what would cause that? I checked my ping a couple of times during the rubber banding and it appeared pretty steady between 18 and 21.

In the three years I have been playing this game, rubber banding and teleporting have been virtually non-existant for me so I am not sure what might be going on.

Edited by Mawai, 09 April 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#2 Sharfen

• PipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

I'm having similar issues. Never had problems before this patch (though I had seen others that were warping). At first after the patch I was having a very choppy game, like the frame rate had dropped. I ran the repair utility and now I'm bouncing all over the place when I get into a fight. I mean ALL over the place, not just a few feet here or there, I'm talking from one side of an area to the other. It gets worse if I'm near another mech. I can end up several hundred yards away with them blasting the crap out of me. Frankly right now, the game isn't really very playable.

#3 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:34 PM

I've only rubber-banded once recently while I had low ping levels.

How's your internet normally and what region of the world are you from? This impacts MWO's performance.

#4 Sharfen

• PipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:55 AM

I'm from the US. My pings are normally in the 50's and 60's. I did notice last night at as the game traffic dropped of my graphic issues diminished.

#5 Sharfen

• PipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:33 AM

I played again this morning when server loads were low. I'm still getting poor video performance. If I do standoff fighting, like sniping, I'm OK. If I get near any action it just bogs down and gets chittery. I can't even run away because I seldom end up facing the direction I want. I'll stop my turn facing the direction I want and end up running into a wall or rock.

It's more like the game image becomes undefined. Not necessarily blurred because things are still fairly distinct they are just jumbled. This happens anytime I'm around action and then I move the view around quickly.

#6 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

Got also the same issues.

#7 Sharfen

• PipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

Well PGI won't be getting anymore of my money until things get fixed. On top of the rubberbanding, something is wrong with damage and/or hitboxes. I am getting constantly killed in as little as three hits.

#8 Sharfen

• PipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

Just an update. Since the LFG event is over things seem more playable. I don't use LFG so maybe that was the difference. I do still have some issues with this. Sometimes in a fight when there are lots of environmental objects (trees, rocks, other mechs,) If I get near another mech I can get bounced all over. It's like the game says, "OK, he's here" so it registeres me there, then it tries to update my location using an expected course but it's wrong. So when it gets my location again it tries to consolidate where it THOUGHT I would be and were I actually am. Then it jerks me all over the place. At this point I normally die.

#9 Dschuba

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:54 AM

I tried to fix it with ethe repairtool in the patcher, took ages and didnt work. tried the 32 bit version, didnt fix it either. Graphiksettings dont seem to have any influence as well.

#10 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

When you guys mention rubberbanding, do you mean the same as this? Because it seems we are experiencing the same issues:

http://mwomercs.com/...-rubberbanding/

#11 Dschuba

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

Yes, thats exactly what i am talking about, especially when using jumpjets.

#12 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

That is similar to the problems I am having, along with hit registration issues, disappearing items on my mechlab. Impossible for me to hit a light mech reliably now. The issues appear server related.

This is simply not acceptable. I have written a request for a refund on my Clan Wave 3 pack ($120) and got it. At least the service was prompt.

#13 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

Also having this problem, but it seems dependent on traffic. I have muh smoother games in the morning (PST) than in the late evening.

#14 Dschuba

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:07 AM

This game became unplayable! U cant jump, u cant retreat, u cant hit! On emight need to request a refund for the premium time!

#15 Dschuba

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:29 AM

btw, is all of u using an ATI card?

#16 Sharfen

• PipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:09 AM

View PostmasCh, on 16 April 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

When you guys mention rubberbanding, do you mean the same as this? Because it seems we are experiencing the same issues:

http://mwomercs.com/...-rubberbanding/

Yes this is the same issue I (and looks like others) are having.

I am using an Asus Radeon R7 250, Dschuba. I was wondering about the video cards also. I have tried DirectX 9 and 11, both seem to have similar performance.

#17 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:57 AM

I'm using Nvidia 970m, it has nothing to do with the video card. It appears to be network (server) related.

#18 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:34 AM

The warping issue is more active late night early morning when playing. Not sure why. The jumping over enemy mechs and you screen shows you in Timbuktu 1000 away is rather annoying. You lose all locks and can't possible shoot but enemy fire can still hit you. Takes several seconds for you screen to put you back at the fight by that time usually you lost all advantage the jumping over the slow enemy should provided.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users