• Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:35 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 11 April 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

they took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles
and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
one was to be used as evidence against us.

Read more: Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant Massacre Lyrics | MetroLyrics B)

#22 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:14 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 April 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

Crap! I honestly did not know that. That was why it was so frustrating. Maybe that part of the UI could be a bit more visible than it is right now. I wasn't kicking players because I was power tripping, I just didn't know how else to get the appropriate number of players in my group. It was fine at first, when most people needed a lot of different group sizes. But when people specifically needed one or two numbers, it was brutal.

I didn't find the LFG part of the UI intuitive at all. Maybe it was just me.

Yeah, I am sorry I didn't explain it before I left the group as the leader. One of the players, are youngest one,(sounded like a teenager over com's) also brought it up to me that when you click the looking for group you can also check, by invite only, or add anyone looking for a group. I found I had to do a combination of both and hit the leave the looking for group once we got the desired number needed for the match.

I agree it really needs some polish for sure, but after learning the "IU" and the in and outs of the event, it was pretty easy to keep things smooth and get the needed number of players to finish up the event rather fast. At first it was rather confusing, and not sure what the point was of having us get 2,4,6,7,8,9,10,12 was...other to force us to learn how to use the new feature. lol.

I found just adding by invite only didn't go fast enough to get the needed players so I just stopped using it mostly half way through and started waiting for the "right" number of players to come in with the "add any player looking option" and then hit the leave the looking for players button as we got them. My opinion is the feature needs more choices, such as "the number you are looking for" and after filling that number, stop adding to your group for you.

I can only imagine what some of you guys went through that didn't start you own group before hand, and control the flow of the event or didn't know how to control it... must of been a very frustrating experience for many. :(

View PostTKSax, on 11 April 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

You Know this is just a Group Challenge Right? You do not need to use LFG to form your group for the match to qualify.

Yeah I think most can read and get that you don't have to use it, but the whole point of the LFG from my understanding of the "why" PGI put it in game was for players that don't have a bunch of friends on their list to start or get added to a group in the first place. This would be the point of them to put the feature in game.... for lone wolf Veterans with not many friends, and New players for sure... NO?

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 11 April 2015 - 08:13 AM.

#23 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 11 April 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

And even when you have the exact number and have launched, players join and quit your group disrupting the launch.

Ummm NO.... this didn't happen for me even when I made the mistake of clicking the "add all players looking for group vs. only by invite". Yes, they would come in to the group screen and be shown on the list, but they would be put in a "hold" loop if you already had started searching for a match. I almost cancelled out the first time I seen this happen, thinking that it messed up our desired number for the match, but I let it go and it didn't effect our group number in the drop. One of the times I think one of the new players coming in stayed and waited for us to finish up a match, lol.

If this did happen to your group, I am guessing a member that was already in before you hit the launch button dropped out of the group/hit cancel search...messing your drop up, or the leader, if you wasn't the leader, booted a player. I think one of the biggest issues with this system is that the "Leader" of the group has the control over the "flow" of the event, and the group. If the leader isn't on the ball, or just aimlessly use's the system with out knowing how to use it, you are gonna be in for a very rough time trying to join a group.

When I first started the event, it took me one time of coming into a group that was already formed to figure out that I was going to start my own group. No offense to the guys that I joined, but they didn't have their group running smoothly and was fighting with each other and kicking guys left and right the two matches I dropped with them. If I would of stayed with them.... it would of not been a productive night of game play.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 11 April 2015 - 07:41 AM.

#24 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:30 AM

I don't know if anyone knows this yet - you don't even NEED to use the LFG button to complete the challenge...

Re-read the page.

All you need is 30 points in a group of 2 - 10 and a group of 12.

You can achieve this with your friends list, and YES it does count, as that's how I completed it.

This is merely a celebration of the LFG functionality.

#25 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

Well, I posted a damage report about this... (not an e-mail, just a post on what worked and what didn't).

Although, the most egregious bug is CW counting is a 4-man, regardless of the team size.

Yea... quality programming™.

#26 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 11 April 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

Well, I posted a damage report about this... (not an e-mail, just a post on what worked and what didn't).

Although, the most egregious bug is CW counting is a 4-man, regardless of the team size.

Yea... quality programming™.

LOL.... I tried to search for a group or players in the CW section.... no one was there the 5 times I checked on it. So I never played any matches in that part, but I am not surprised.

#27 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

You realize once you get your number you can just leave LFG queue right?

#28 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:23 AM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 11 April 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

LOL.... I tried to search for a group or players in the CW section.... no one was there the 5 times I checked on it. So I never played any matches in that part, but I am not surprised.

Well, that's a feature! :P

It does work, but noone uses it.

Edited by Deathlike, 11 April 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#29 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:51 AM

Seems like this is a good opportunity for a lot of players to learn how to use the LFG feature.

#30 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:40 AM

Yeah...this was a terrible, terrible idea. It should have just been "use the LFG tool for 20 games, scoring 30 points in each". Award the premium time after the first 5.

#31 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:04 PM

I still remember the easy speedy rooms of MW3 ar microsoft site...... :(

#32 Impossible Wasabi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:20 PM

It's a bit disappointing that there aren't more options for LFG.

A brief message that would consistently be displayed from the Group Leader (i.e. "This is a relaxed group, take whatever mechs you want or we are going to play seriously, please use solid builds")and an ability to set a certain number of max players would be pretty useful.

LFG is a nice start but it needs to have options for more custom or advanced settings.

Edited by The True Space Pope, 11 April 2015 - 12:20 PM.

#33 Percimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:07 PM

I don't know if the event has something to do about it and I can't explain why, but my matches in the solo queue today were much better than usual. Sure there were a few duds but not as bad as I'm used to see.

How did it go in the group queue?

#34 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

I think PGI is trying to test out the LFG tool. That's the best explanation I can come up for this.

Frankly soon as I saw what the event details were, despite the potential rewards I pretty much said "well fk that" to myself and decided to ignore the hubbaloo completely.

#35 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

I don't understand the complaints. This challenge was trivially easy to complete. The only issue I found is that people can (and do) continue to join your group after your group has clicked launch, which some players take as an indication that they need to cancel the search. The group should auto-lock once a search has been triggered. Other than that, no issues at all.

Took me 17 matches to complete, and that's only because 4 matches were repeats that I didn't need (but others did). 3 were blowouts in which I didn't manage to get a match score of 30.

/shrug. Really trivial. Hardest part is deciding whether I want the island or 500 MC.

#36 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 11 April 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

I don't understand the complaints. This challenge was trivially easy to complete. The only issue I found is that people can (and do) continue to join your group after your group has clicked launch, which some players take as an indication that they need to cancel the search. The group should auto-lock once a search has been triggered. Other than that, no issues at all.

Took me 17 matches to complete, and that's only because 4 matches were repeats that I didn't need (but others did). 3 were blowouts in which I didn't manage to get a match score of 30.

/shrug. Really trivial. Hardest part is deciding whether I want the island or 500 MC.

Well, your choices are this:
Posted Image

Or 500MC.
The waves move by the way.

#37 patataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 464 posts
  • LocationA Vindicator cockpit near you

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:26 PM

The challenge is pretty easy, i built a pug group this afternoon, and progresively increased the group size, and qualified from size 2 to size 8 (We repeated some sizes because new folks needed them). Later i joined a 12 group, and i still need the 9 and 10 sizes.
I was using both the "open" group and the invites to get people in. After reaching the desired size, please turn "looking for group" off before launching, or people will join the group while the MM is searching (they will not drop with you, but it's annoying to join a group and find out you are left behind).

Kudos for the teammates that were willing to play for group sizes that they already completed, and wait for the next drop. Some guys just join the group and leave instanty if they don't like the size. "need 6 7" "we are about to launch a 5" <leaves group>. And our next drop was going to be a 6. :lol: :lol: :lol:

An option to personalize the group's name would be a cool improvement. Beyond giving it funny names, this challenge could have benefited from that by writing the desired group size in it. "patataman's group [3]" < "patataman's 5 man group [3]".

#38 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

Yeah, even though this weekend challenge is special due to people needing a certain group size, the ability to name groups would still be hugely benefitial in the long run.
"Skirmish 12 man"
"4 man conq / assau / skirm"
"4 man CW"
etc

#39 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

You know what the biggest irony is?

People fought ages to get a solo only queue, not even 2man "premades" (just lol) should be allowed in the now called "pug life."

And now? Players are trolling and fighting each other to get into the group queue. The bad queue. The dark one, where the evil premades are. EVIL I tell you!

This weekend, you can have the whole pug life experience! Now in group queue and 3D!

And I'm not even starting how dumbfarted stupid and egocentric people behave to get into the "right" group size. People trolling each other so hard, we don't even need Paul anymore.

So while I have my island item now, I'll just sit here and watch people being idiots all day B)
Posted Image

#40 Shatara

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:13 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 11 April 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

I still remember the easy speedy rooms of MW3 ar microsoft site...... :(

I remember those being mostly UA/ICE filled with armless Daishis packed with ultra-20s.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users