Feedback

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Uthael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

When joining a LFG queue, it would be nice to be able (not a requirement) to set a short description for your group or yourself in case you're joining alone.

Just make each member of the LFG queue occupy 2 rows of text. Make the first row show group leader's name and current group size. If it's a lone pilot, his/her name and current chassis.
The second row would be the description. You would set the description under the "Add me to the LFG queue" button and it would remain remembered until you change it.

Currently the descriptions would mostly read something like "3&7 for challenge".
In the future they would be "Tripple AMS", "Missileocalypse group", "Dual Gauss sniper here", etc.

#2 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

Yes even the ability to set a short 20 character name instead of the group leaders name would be a huge improvement.

But name plus description better.
Also players waiting to be invited in LFG queue need a description so we can say "narc ecm raven", "brawler", "sniper", "lrm boat" and groups can choose appropriate members.

Short single line is fine, not much info needed.

#3 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

Indeed it would be nice to have a description option.

#4 Heuvadoches

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRainbow Tiger, Second Life

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

As I posted elsewhere in another thread

I don't understand why the resistance to something that's rudimentary and intuitive? Even Diablo 3 with its extremely rudimentary LFG system allows you to filter based on four different types of adventure playing styles (Bounties, Rifts, Greater Rifts, PvP). Why not set a limit on number of players or specify the size of mechs required? All it would take would be a dropdown box with the values of 0-4 for each tonnage class. A simple D3 style of playstyle matching could be used too, but not required.

Instead of bashing it, don't comment and move on. Comment if you agree. Which I happen to do. This game would benefit from such a system in the LFG.

#5 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:43 AM

This is absolutely necessary. What's the point of joining a group completely blind about what is expected of you? Sure you can chat and ask about it once you are in the group but a short description of the group would make the process of finding a suitable mechwarrior/group a lot more agile and effective.

During most of this last challenge little to no communication ensued in LFG groups resulting in them being in all accounts equivalent to PUG groups. I imagine the people who usually drop in organized groups had a lot of fun rolfstomping PUGs dealt with as organized players.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users