• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 199 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostLord Trogus, on 01 July 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

Please excuse if this is copypasta from an earlier time on the forums, but I am curious. IYO what are your favorite battlemechs? I will start this study with my own personal favorites, then incorporate everyone else's picks into a tournament bracket after I have reached 50+ non-duplicate choices, or waited an entire week for others' votes. The 'mechs with the most votes will be represented in the tourney.

You may pick your favorites based on any criteria of your choosing. ie: most powerful, fastest, coolest looking, you decide. Either way, place them from top to bottom from greatest to least.

NOTE: only 10 'mechs per person. Duplicates will give a 'mech higher standing in the initial brackets. As this continues, I will continue to disclose the decision-making process. Until then, know your picks will be included in the poll.

THIS IS NOT RESTRICTED TO MECHWARRIOR OR CLAN DESIGNS. THIS INCLUDES EVERY BATTLEMECH FROM THE BATTLETECH UNIVERSE

My picks:
Omen
Posted Image

THIS design have much of the aspects I like in the presented MWO Mechs: they look like war machines.

#22 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostPatrickkell, on 03 July 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Prior to 3050....Battlemaster
Post 3050 to Clan....Warhammer
Clan Tech....Marauder

All have INSANE modification possibilities but are all respectable on the field of battle.

All 3 that he said, plus the Raven.

#23 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Flashman.

You never run out of ammo and you can use all of your large forwards firing weapons every time they recycle with no waste heat...

And it's probably got a microwave and a mini-fridge in it.

No, seriously, It probably does. It was built for extended use behind enemy lines...

Yeah, yeah, it's ugly.

Posted Image

Edited by Pht, 04 July 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#24 Waverider

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 199 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostPht, on 04 July 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Flashman.
Yeah, yeah, it's ugly.

Well, considering what Piranha has made so far the could make a very fine Flashman. Seriously check the JagerMech comparison:

From a can with legs to full battle awesomeness!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Locationhere.

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

shadowcat
novacat
thor
cataphract

#26 Trogusaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 314 posts
  • LocationKrogan homeworld of Tuchanka. Wait, different universe.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostWaverider, on 04 July 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

THIS design have much of the aspects I like in the presented MWO Mechs: they look like war machines.

Ironic you say that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but methinks this is the same artist drawing the mechs for MW:O :)
That's pretty much why I chose it too.

#27 Blood Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Shadow Cat.

#28 Ronsu

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

Ares
Posted Image

#29 nodlew

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

New here, don't want to ruffle any feathers. But as to the greatest mech of all time, I appreciate your need to consider some lesser known candidates, and some mechs that have great style and character, but there is only one choice, which everyone in their heart of hearts knows is the greatest mech ever designed, the mech which embodies all the characteristics of a true mech in the mechiest way imaginable. The mech of mechs, the mech which was implied at the inception of the very conception of the concept of mech and until its manufacture, all mechs were, despite their fine qualities, mere prototypes. I speak of course of the Atlas, and particularly of the AS7-D. I hate to be forced to state the obvious. All the other mechs mentioned are nice mechs in their own way. But, seriously...Cmon!

#30 Latriam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 146 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

IS
Awesome Posted Image
Crusader Posted Image
Phoenix Hawk Posted Image
Jenner Posted Image

Clans
Gladiator Posted Image
Linebacker Posted Image
Cougar Posted Image
Thor Posted Image

just general Rifleman Posted Image
Battlemaster enough of these pics already

thanks for the thread

Edited by Latriam, 07 July 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#31 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

In my personal opinion. My view of the most awesome mechs.

Blood Asp
Bushwacker
Atlas
Thor

#32 Xytaglyph

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationLacey, WA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Thanatos
Posted Image

Rabid Coyote
Posted Image

Warhammer
Posted Image

#33 Stone Naga

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

IS x 3
Victor
Annihilator
Black Knight

Clan x 3
Executioner
Turkina
Thor

#34 GrimCrim

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Maurader MAD-3R original
Warhammer WHM-6R
Rifleman RFL-3N
Wasp WSP-1A

#35 Trogusaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 314 posts
  • LocationKrogan homeworld of Tuchanka. Wait, different universe.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

View Postnodlew, on 07 July 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

New here, don't want to ruffle any feathers. But as to the greatest mech of all time, I appreciate your need to consider some lesser known candidates, and some mechs that have great style and character, but there is only one choice, which everyone in their heart of hearts knows is the greatest mech ever designed, the mech which embodies all the characteristics of a true mech in the mechiest way imaginable. The mech of mechs, the mech which was implied at the inception of the very conception of the concept of mech and until its manufacture, all mechs were, despite their fine qualities, mere prototypes. I speak of course of the Atlas, and particularly of the AS7-D. I hate to be forced to state the obvious. All the other mechs mentioned are nice mechs in their own way. But, seriously...Cmon!

Unfortunately, that is still subjective. The Atlas doesn't go much in the way of speed or long range combat, unfortunately. It might embody Mechwarrior as it does to you, but others may hold another opinion. If we are talking a general mix of jack-of-all trades designs, the good 'ol Timber Wolf takes the prize. However, we all have personal preferences, and varying views of the "norm". That is exactly what this thread is for, finding the best of the best :P

Welcome, btw!

Edited by Lord Trogus, 08 July 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#36 UrLeftKnut

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationThat Longbow barraging you from behind

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

View Postnodlew, on 07 July 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

Dude, sometime in the midst of this, if they come out with the Annihilator, Longbow, or Hauptmann, we seriously need to have a good brawler match. I'll take up and put down all comers as long as I've got my full on Annihilator build. Not that an Atlas isn't a tough customer, just that four LBX AC/20s (Clan or not, preferably clan since I'm luckily a merc) make anything tremble.

#37 TripleHex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationOut of range of your weapons

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

Legionnaire, for sure...
Posted Image

#38 lashropa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

Come on people. Ten mechs. Don't get lazy with a partial list.

#39 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Clan:

Timber Wolf
Mad Dog
Jade Hawk
Shrike
Thor