So...... Is It Settled Then? Best Mech Is Urbanmech?

129 replies to this topic

#41 Graves24

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:19 AM

The Urbie is a bad joke.

Yesterday I was playing a game on HPG Manifold.

I arrived late to the battle because I got lost.

I saw some movements in the tunnel and decided to check out whats going on (brawler Centurion build).
Suddenly a friendly Jenner, a friendly Thunderbolt and a friendly Jaegermech who was backpeddling and shooting the hell out of tunnel entrance run past me in fear.

So I enter that tunnel and there was this trashcan in a corner shooting small lasers at me. I gave him 2x AC20 shots to the torso followed by 2x SRM12 salvos and he was gone.

Done. -_-

No idea what these 3 guys running away were thinking.

Edited by Graves24, 15 April 2015 - 05:21 AM.

#42 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:23 AM

View PostPiney, on 15 April 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

The Urbies are definitely scrappy mechs when driven well. Yesterday I got into a 1v1 with a good Urbie driver while I was in a Thud that turned into a serious close range tango. It was one of the best fights I've been in for a while. I won the duel, but the Urbie got his pound of flesh. :D

Yesterday in a losing match I was Urbying (this is indeed a new verb, and needs inclusion in the oxford dictionary) against a griffin and a cicada, lots of shooting, I got the girff and was about to finish off the exposed innards of the cicada, when a MPL Thud joined in, and finally got my ST.

People may mock the Urby, BUTT, I'm telling you, these Weaponised sphincter suppositories are the Bomb.

Seriously you can't say a word in every English printed medical book, without it being censored :o

My digestive system is worried :blink:

Edited by Cathy, 15 April 2015 - 05:28 AM.

#43 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:29 AM

@Graves24: Urbiekiller.....one day when you sleep in your bed he will bee there and ......takes revenge..:D

#44 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:32 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 April 2015 - 04:48 AM, said:

I've never played a single GTA title in my life, and have no desire to start now.

Finally found common ground with the Bish, other than we both like Battle Tech

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 15 April 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

@Graves24: Urbiekiller.....one day when you sleep in your bed he will bee there and ......takes revenge.. :D

Don't forget Mr Graves24 Urbies are just the right shape to cause severe discomfort, I hope you have lots of cushions :ph34r:

Edited by Cathy, 15 April 2015 - 05:32 AM.

#45 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:23 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 April 2015 - 04:48 AM, said:

I've never played a single GTA title in my life, and have no desire to start now.
I have played them, and still have no interest in this GTA title. On the other hand, Pillars of Eternity still eats a lot of my time right now :)

#46 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:30 AM

View PostCathy, on 15 April 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

You look at the challenge board and how the figures work out for the UM-60L, your going to be hard pushed to beat those scores even piloting a twink mech, like the firestarter.
Yup. I was shocked, after the tryhards where all "Its DOA", when my average 3-5 kill games got me briefly to just shy of rank 100. I mean, I was pulling very good games regularly and still was 100+ people down the ladder at best.

The Urbanmech is a lot of things, but its no joke, with that many people pulling games like that while a good many players actively hunted Urbies.

#47 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:57 AM

The Urbie is damn fun and its been viable for me. Nobody takes it seriously and they'll ignore it. I trail the fatties, wait for them to engage, then I contribute. Its not hard. I don't zoom around like a spider trying to kite the enemy, I don't sit in the back with ECM and ERLLs sniping. I get in-your-face with the Uribie and I collect trash kills.

The urbie, its awesome.

#48 Jacobei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationElite Light Rangers 5

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

I thought it was a fun, joke mech. Something to play around with but not really a contender. I saw some UM top score posts and such and just figured it was like SDR 5V run.

NO....

They are putting out some real damage and speed. I remember old threads about how they would have to go 10km an hour and have like one laser.... WTH? I am surprised by what they turned into.

Edited by Jacobei, 15 April 2015 - 10:14 AM.

#49 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

They're strong tier 2 pub queue Lights.

#50 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostJacobei, on 15 April 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

I thought it was a fun, joke mech. Something to play around with but not really a contender. I saw some UM top score posts and such and just figured it was like SDR 5V run.

NO....

They are putting out some real damage and speed. I remember old threads about how they would have to go 10km an hour and have like one laser.... WTH? I am surprised by what they turned into.

like pretty much every other mech when you have a wide open mechlab.

View PostKrivvan, on 15 April 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

They're strong tier 2 pub queue Lights.

That's what I was thinking, pretty close. They certainly are not Tier 1, but they are surprisingly solid. How they fare in High Elo teams, well, those are usually dominated by the best of the Tier 1, so probably won't be seen. In medium Elo queues, I would guess they would still be decent. In CW; at least for Defense, I have found them pretty solid. But would guess closer to Tier 3, usable, but not recommended, intose scenarios.

Where do you guys rank it in Team and CW play?

#51 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 April 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

That's what I was thinking, pretty close. They certainly are not Tier 1, but they are surprisingly solid. How they fare in High Elo teams, well, those are usually dominated by the best of the Tier 1, so probably won't be seen. In medium Elo queues, I would guess they would still be decent. In CW; at least for Defense, I have found them pretty solid. But would guess closer to Tier 3, usable, but not recommended, intose scenarios.

Where do you guys rank it in Team and CW play?

Their main strength at the moment is their durability. That said, I/we haven't really found a niche for it in more organized team play yet.

For 1v1s though, well, you'll have to wait and see the results of the 1v1 tournament. ;)

Edited by Krivvan, 15 April 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#52 S13gtastic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 119 posts
  • LocationBig Sky

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:12 AM

I AM THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS! FEAR ME! :3

Posted Image

#53 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

I may as well post Twinky's game for him:
Posted Image

Edited by Krivvan, 15 April 2015 - 11:16 AM.

#54 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostFate 6, on 14 April 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

No, they would have more fun, cuz they wouldn't have to deal with a half-baked mech.

Fun comes from the challenge, ye?
Sure, I can laser vomit on a firestarter, but its so much more fun on a locust.

#55 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

I swear I'm not staying away from the game for fear of Urbies. Promise!

(actually, I'm busy with work).

Addendum: First person to kill me with an Urbie ill gift them a week of premium time (i'm not a big spender like Moon Unit)

#56 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostMirumoto Izanami, on 15 April 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

Addendum: First person to kill me with an Urbie ill gift them a week of premium time (i'm not a big spender like Moon Unit)

Will you accept that if it's a 1v1?

#57 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 15 April 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

Will you accept that if it's a 1v1?

If you can single me out in group or solo queue, sure. Not taking private matches. Gotta hunt!

Promise I won't overheat seppeku or anything silly like that. Just play the way I always do. (so..should be an easy kill)

Another Addendum: Team kills don't count!

Edited by Mirumoto Izanami, 15 April 2015 - 01:17 PM.

#58 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

Wait...there are still some people who don't pilot urbies? I thought all those non urbies were NPC's. I figured PGI released them with the Urbie so there would still be some variety in the game.

#59 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:15 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 15 April 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

Wait...there are still some people who don't pilot urbies? I thought all those non urbies were NPC's. I figured PGI released them with the Urbie so there would still be some variety in the game.

I am a Non Playa' Character.

#60 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 14 April 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

Most fun I've had is swirling around 360 and mitigating all that damage. Ohh yes. *mitigates damage all over his body like lathered soap*
Mmmm.

Feels good man
Posted Image

I must say, I've had more fun running around in my urbie than I have in any other light up to this point. It actually inspired me to bust out my Panthers a second time.

Now I just need to find builds for my other two so I can master the trashcans and go back to farming c-bill in my collector's R63

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users