So...... Is It Settled Then? Best Mech Is Urbanmech?

129 replies to this topic

#101 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

Since you know that those tournament results are mostly influenced by personal skill and time invested you created this thread to... rustle some jimmies i guess?

#102 Quxudica

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 April 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

Cbill release is always later. Kinda devalues the cash purchases otherwise. We, the people who nagged Russ for over 2 years, then bought the packs, with IRL money quite literally made the Urbie happen. How dare they acknowledge that one time.

I mean its fine, but the answer for inclusion is obvious. leader board opt in event for people who bought the mechs and everyone else gets to tally how many urbies they kill. Maybe give an Urbie mech cockpit item or something for it.

#103 Jacobei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationElite Light Rangers 5

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostQuxudica, on 17 April 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

Eh? Did the Urban get released for Cbills? Or did they really make a weekend event only for people that payed cash? Kind of crummy if the latter.

I don't think so.. I don't pay to play - I only play for free. But if I want to keep playing people with the ability to pay do YAY!. MWO is not a charity. They can't feed their families off our enjoyment of the game alone.

This game is really good and not making it pay to win. But the pay features rock. I always tell myself I am going to get something - but :($ One day. Xmas present to myself maybe.

Still having a few events for pay to play people with the new cool pay to play first item. Have at it! I wish I could join... But I am happy its not Pay to Win !!

Edited by Jacobei, 17 April 2015 - 10:10 AM.

#104 Quxudica

• Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostJacobei, on 17 April 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

I don't think so.. I don't pay to play - I only play for free. But if I want to keep playing people with the ability to pay do YAY!. MWO is not a charity. They can't feed their families off our enjoyment of the game alone.

This game is really good and not making it pay to win. But the pay features rock. I always tell myself I am going to get something - but :($ One day. Xmas present to myself maybe.

Still having a few events for pay to play people with the new cool pay to play first item. Have at it! I wish I could join... But I am happy its not Pay to Win !!

Honestly, I'd say stick to mech bays as you need them. People can of course do whatever they want with their own money, but to me everything in MWO is massively overpriced for what they are. Premium time is barely worth it since the indirect nerf when the NPE was introduced and buying a single digital mech for what a fully complete game costs just seems.. nuts.. to me at least.

shrugs

#105 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:23 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 17 April 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

Since you know that those tournament results are mostly influenced by personal skill and time invested you created this thread to... rustle some jimmies i guess?

Feel rustled if you want.

View PostQuxudica, on 17 April 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

I mean its fine, but the answer for inclusion is obvious. leader board opt in event for people who bought the mechs and everyone else gets to tally how many urbies they kill. Maybe give an Urbie mech cockpit item or something for it.

because having people go out of their way to kill ***** Urbies (more than they already were anyhow) would of course have no negative impact on the actual Urbies trying to play their scoring tournament.....when every match would be an orgy of focus fire on them.

Sure that sounds great.

#106 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostPurpleNinja, on 14 April 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

I have a macro ready for everytime I score a kill with one of my Urbies.

U-U-URBIE KILL

I've been playing it a lot.

i use the "sacred urbie kill dance" in tune with it's speakers myself, where i wave my urbie's arms around in circles til the music stops.

have had many complaints from people who don;t have but want the popup urbie in a trashcan for their very own.

#107 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostKrivvan, on 15 April 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

I may as well post Twinky's game for him:
Posted Image

best part is urbies- 15 kills
every other mech in the match- 6 kills

#108 Jacobei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostQuxudica, on 17 April 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

Honestly, I'd say stick to mech bays as you need them. People can of course do whatever they want with their own money, but to me everything in MWO is massively overpriced for what they are. Premium time is barely worth it since the indirect nerf when the NPE was introduced and buying a single digital mech for what a fully complete game costs just seems.. nuts.. to me at least.

shrugs

Depends.. I like customisation things for cost.. I could do some of that to my fav mechs

I like some hero mechs (100% worth it)

I can wait for clan.. But if MWO/PGI did not make MDD for C-bills they may have had me over a barrel.

Eventually their will be something I REALLY WANT!

#109 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

View PostTanar, on 17 April 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

best part is urbies- 15 kills
every other mech in the match- 6 kills
I've a collection of shots from games like that, where urbies killed more than everyone else combined. Often from matches where people where disparaging them at the start.

#110 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:11 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 April 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

Feel rustled if you want.

Nah, honestly i couldn't feel less rustled even if i tried to. I'd love if i could feel rustled because of something like the urbanmech, but at the end of the day it's just another mech in a game that has way bigger issues to feel rustled about. For someone who has a healthy distance to TT it's just a mech like every other mech. It's neither DoA like the haters claim, nor a worldeating deathlord. It won't change the meta or the overall game in any significant way. Imo, it's pretty much irrelevant to the game (from a gameplay, not a finacial point of view). They did a rather good job of making it an ok mech, and i have to admit, better than i initially thought. I saw plenty of brutally bad urbanmechs in the beginning, but it got a lot better once guys had double basics. I'd say it's a tier 2.5 mech. It can perform decent, especially in solo queue, but as soon as you run into multiple guys with sharp aim (especially in group queue), the limitations of a 108 kph lS light cut down its capabilities.

I just had the feeling this thread was created to rustle some jimmies. Especially the "carry harder in them than a lot of people manage in their assaults or heavies" part. You know, thats nothing unique for the urbanmech. It happens coutless times, every day, with every mech. It just sounded like "imma rub this into some urbanmech haters face" kind of rustling to me.

Dunno, maybe i'm wrong. Anyway, it doesn't really matter.

#111 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:20 PM

Visited before, but posting late....

Was there anything to "settle"?

I mean come on... URBANMECH! Duh. Of course it's the best damn mech in the whole damn 'verse!

#112 Jacobei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

View PostQuxudica, on 17 April 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

shrugs

You are on to something. They might make more money with more micro transactions. A lot of the purchases are large other then MC to customise.

#113 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:19 AM

bump for amazing SpOoKy777 awesomeness
Posted Image
I peed a little. Yes, indeed.

#114 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:50 PM

so what's your KDr in your best Urbie, so far?

#115 Rakesch

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:14 PM

My best one is 1.29. The one i played the tournament is 1.19.
This are good stats for me because i am a "Kamikazeurbiepilot"

And good morning.

#116 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:59 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 April 2015 - 09:50 PM, said:

so what's your KDr in your best Urbie, so far?

R63(S)...0.56 KDR. I feel sorry for any team I am on :(

I am determined to try and break 1 though. Hopefully.

#117 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:13 AM

After mastery, around 2.0 on the R63 for me. I bought it because of old-school legacy-humor, but kept it because I really enjoy running the little trashcan. By the stats, I am far better in Urbies than I am in, say, Panthers or Spiders.

I'm a moderately skilled mid-line player - some mechs I simply do better in and others I simply do worse.

#118 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostMacksheen, on 20 April 2015 - 05:13 AM, said:

...By the stats, I am far better in Urbies than I am in, say, Panthers or Spiders.

I'm a moderately skilled mid-line player - some mechs I simply do better in and others I simply do worse.

I'm the opposite. I'm sporting a 2.41 KDR in the Panther.

I'm also like you said though... "some mechs I simply do better in and others I simply do worse."

Just something about the Panther just clicks for me. I just haven't found that click with the Urbie. I'm still determined though.

#119 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 20 April 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

I'm also like you said though... "some mechs I simply do better in and others I simply do worse."

Just something about the Panther just clicks for me. I just haven't found that click with the Urbie. I'm still determined though.

Agreed. I mastered the AWS-8T and ended up with a near 2.5 KDR after 60 matches. My KDR w/ the CTFs hovers around 1.0 - I can't explain it (and don't try anymore).

#120 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:40 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 20 April 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

View PostMacksheen, on 20 April 2015 - 05:13 AM, said:

After mastery, around 2.0 on the R63 for me. I bought it because of old-school legacy-humor, but kept it because I really enjoy running the little trashcan. By the stats, I am far better in Urbies than I am in, say, Panthers or Spiders.

Well, I'm no Light Pilot..probably why both the Urbie and Panther click for me, as I play them more like tiny Mediums. My to Urbie is the r60 at an even 2.0, the R63 at 1.58.... and the R60L just has not clicked with me, with a pathetic .33 KDr, despite it being the "meta" Urbie.

My 60 is a decidedly non comp approved LPL, ML and 4x MG. But I've tried just about all the popular builds on the 60L and just seem to get a mix of me sucking, and or/ team getting rolled 12-0 everytime I drop in it. *SMH*

My top Alley Cat, my 10K is a 1.78 in comparison. But I average 24 dmg more a match in it than in my top Urbie.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 20 April 2015 - 06:48 AM.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users