So...... Is It Settled Then? Best Mech Is Urbanmech?

129 replies to this topic

#121 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:05 AM

There is no best 'mech. Only a best team. And the best team is the one with the least bots.

#122 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 20 April 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

There is no best 'mech. Only a best team. And the best team is the one with the least bots.

U R wrong. Best team is team with most Urbies, so U get rekt noobernoob! :P

#123 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:20 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 April 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

Well, I'm no Light Pilot..probably why both the Urbie and Panther click for me, as I play them more like tiny Mediums. My to Urbie is the r60 at an even 2.0, the R63 at 1.58.... and the R60L just has not clicked with me, with a pathetic .33 KDr, despite it being the "meta" Urbie.

My 60 is a decidedly non comp approved LPL, ML and 4x MG. But I've tried just about all the popular builds on the 60L and just seem to get a mix of me sucking, and or/ team getting rolled 12-0 everytime I drop in it. *SMH*

My top Alley Cat, my 10K is a 1.78 in comparison. But I average 24 dmg more a match in it than in my top Urbie.

I'm no light pilot either. My more traditional light mechs normally result in less than stellar results. My strong Panther (the 2.41 KDR one) is also the 10K.

I think the Panther 10K plays more like a medium (my traditionally strongest class), and I think playing as a poptarting and sniping Vindicator pilot helped train me for the Panther.

In the Panther I run around like a chicken with no head...on speed. I run and pop off ERPPC shots. I poptart, and run and jump swinging through the air popping shots at range. Once the match winds down, I run in with ERPPC and dual SRM4s blazing and pick up the scraps.

ANYWAY, this is the best way I know how to pilot a light. The Urbie plays far different from this strategy and it is proving difficult for me. I'll figure it out, but it will take some work.

#124 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:28 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 20 April 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

I'm no light pilot either. My more traditional light mechs normally result in less than stellar results. My strong Panther (the 2.41 KDR one) is also the 10K.

I think the Panther 10K plays more like a medium (my traditionally strongest class), and I think playing as a poptarting and sniping Vindicator pilot helped train me for the Panther.

In the Panther I run around like a chicken with no head...on speed. I run and pop off ERPPC shots. I poptart, and run and jump swinging through the air popping shots at range. Once the match winds down, I run in with ERPPC and dual SRM4s blazing and pick up the scraps.

ANYWAY, this is the best way I know how to pilot a light. The Urbie plays far different from this strategy and it is proving difficult for me. I'll figure it out, but it will take some work.

Well, my 63 I do that with the AC in place of the PPC. On my 60, I play more of a lurker, and grab onto mechs that are distracted, tbh. Though I have seriously messed up everything short of Huginns if they came at me. (those SRM4s eat urbie fast, lol)

Also one thing I find most "good" urbie pilots (and I don't count myself as one, compared to the guys posting the numbers) is they have taken full advantage of the 360 twist.

My 10K, I run with 1 erppc, 2 SRM4, and usually snipe and harass, then move in later and srm stuff. Fun mech. Love them both.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 20 April 2015 - 07:29 AM.

#125 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

Well, I'm no Light Pilot..probably why both the Urbie and Panther click for me, as I play them more like tiny Mediums. My to Urbie is the r60 at an even 2.0, the R63 at 1.58.... and the R60L just has not clicked with me, with a pathetic .33 KDr, despite it being the "meta" Urbie.

My 60 is a decidedly non comp approved LPL, ML and 4x MG. But I've tried just about all the popular builds on the 60L and just seem to get a mix of me sucking, and or/ team getting rolled 12-0 everytime I drop in it. *SMH*

My top Alley Cat, my 10K is a 1.78 in comparison. But I average 24 dmg more a match in it than in my top Urbie.

My R60 is set up largely the same -LPL, ML, 4MG, and has a 1.9 kdr. As usual, though, this is due to kills and deaths - I play very aggressively, so I rarely survive matches.

My best Panther is a 2.6kdr, the others are close. With that said, I do better in my urbies than my panthers, I just survive matches more in the panther, so kdr is misleading. I do enormously more damage with my Urbanmech, and more useful damage. I just hang back more with the panthers, be they PPC or LL, while my urbies mix it right up.

On the other hand, my firestarters are at 0.8, down to locusts at 0.44

Edited by Wintersdark, 20 April 2015 - 09:12 AM.

#126 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

Thing is, I just get better and better with the Urbie, and those other lights are after many more matches - I'm just *bad* at them. Urbies are probably my favorite mech to pilot now, that 360 twist makes them so much more interesting.

Sadly, people don't ignore me in my Urbie anymore. My early matches where obscene, as people always targeted other people first.

#127 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 April 2015 - 09:50 PM, said:

so what's your KDr in your best Urbie, so far?

Oddly, my KDRs all dropped after the tournament. I was leveling up my Urbies during the tournament so they should have been worse, but I was sporting high-flyin' 2.0-ish KDRs while it was going on.

Now they're mastered and they've dropped back down to more normal levels. I'm at 1.31 in the R63, but only 0.93 and 1.05 in the R60 and R60L. Damage has dropped from ~300 to the 225-250 range, too.

#128 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostRoadkill, on 20 April 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

Oddly, my KDRs all dropped after the tournament. I was leveling up my Urbies during the tournament so they should have been worse, but I was sporting high-flyin' 2.0-ish KDRs while it was going on.

Now they're mastered and they've dropped back down to more normal levels. I'm at 1.31 in the R63, but only 0.93 and 1.05 in the R60 and R60L. Damage has dropped from ~300 to the 225-250 range, too.
See, this was my thing. During the turnie, I topped a 4:1 kdr for a while in my R60. After? Not nearly the same. My theory is that a lot of people initially wrote Urbies off as Locust issue lolmechs... Then they saw the brutal results of that thinking. I still get the kills, but I die now :(

#129 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:38 AM

I havn't spent a whole lot of time playing these since the event, but from the stats, they still do better than most of my lights, I'm sure this will balance out over time, but so far, higher scores than my FS's.
Posted Image

#130 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:29 PM

Yeah, like I said - I can't explain it and won't attempt to other than to know I'm simply better in different configs and setups.

All of my Panthers post-mastery are positive on the KDR, but between 1.0 and 1.25. All of my urbies live above 1.6 ... all of them. My only Zeus with a decent KDR is the one I can shove a fist full of missiles on, the others I apparently suck in.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users