Important Info On Patcher And Repair Tool Fixes

85 replies to this topic

#61 Ghaltero

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:00 AM

I ran this repair tool 3 times in a row just to have it crash and close half way through, talk about a waste of time. Time to start testing this stuff before they release it. Constant bugs and fixes is getting rather annoying.

#62 Big Bertha 00

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 78 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

So, I thought I would take your advice and run the patcher today. Well, MWO, which was previously running perfectly, now crashes every time I try and get into a game. I get the following error: Cryengine error: "FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of bytes read"

#63 Big Bertha 00

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 78 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostBig Bertha 00, on 20 April 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

So, I thought I would take your advice and run the patcher today. Well, MWO, which was previously running perfectly, now crashes every time I try and get into a game. I get the following error: Cryengine error: "FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of bytes read"

I re-ran the patcher. Now it just freezes in the map loading screen. No FRead error. Still not able to play the game.

#64 Eagle01

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:03 AM

I ran the repair tool, but halfway through I get a power interruption. My rig and router is plugged into an UPS, so the download did not abruptly stop. I had to stop the repair since the UPS won't last that long. The repair tool took a couple of minutes to close, but closed properly.

When power was restored, I ran the repair tool again. But this time it said there were no mismatched files. This is going to be a problem on the 21st wouldn't it?

#65 Throat Punch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 874 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNC, Terra

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:26 AM

I have tried a total of 5 times now to run the repair tool. About 15-20 minutes into the process it crashes and i get the "This program has stopped working" windows error box with the option to close the program. No other error messages or prompts. Anyone have any idea how to fix the repair tool so it actually does the repair?

#66 Merobaudes

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:24 PM

One positive feedback: The Repair-Tool had some problems, BUT i have the feeling that the CW maps are now loading faster. Before it took sometimes so long, the first wave was already through the gate the moment I droped. Should have done that earlier...

#67 monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:17 PM

As I noted earlier I could not get the game to start (not even the splash screen) so I uninstalled and now am trying to reinstall. Getting md5 checksum errors every time now. So wish I didn't run the repair tool. =( Everything worked great before.

#68 Centurio GER

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:36 PM

Everybody better heed this advice. Last Friday it took my system more than 3 (THREE) hours to complete the patch.

#69 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 17 April 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

Wow, now that's a new one. I can honestly say that the repair tool doesn't jiggle your HDD connectors :P

Let me as you this:
The whole game is less than 8 GB. How come, when I check the task manager, the the MWO patcher reads and writes 30+ GB of data on my HDD?

Edited by Kmieciu, 21 April 2015 - 04:40 AM.

#70 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:50 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 20 April 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

How come, when I check the task manager, the the MWO patcher reads and writes 30+ GB of data on my HDD? This was

Probably because it is downloading patch, decompressing patch, decompressing pak, modifying pak, re-compressing pak.

#71 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:34 AM

He downloaded a lot. MWO seems to start quicker now. Some graphic bugs seem to bee gone. I m prepared for the evening.

#72 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:55 AM

well, for giggles ran the patch again this morning
(last time a couple of days ago, and same problems many had, massive times, crashing etc)
took....five minutes tops?

mind you, I ran CCleaner, defragged, removed the entirety of my custom user.cfg file

yay, lightening quick and no problems with the repair tool
and zero change in game

its 10AM EST right now.
I wonder, with ALL the hoopla about suggesting running the patch, doing this doing that- all from "on high", not us scrubs saying "upgrade your drivers, what system you got, run the repair tool" but the group that knows whats in the patch coming...
got me worried frankly- what will tomorrow bring?
forum brimming with 'wow, awesome, GG nice patch" or..............

#73 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:28 AM

4 hours later and still not finished.

What's the point of running the repair the repair tool when I could probably download the entire game faster from scratch!?

Tried to close the tool so I could turn off my PC but froze instead. Got to textures.pak.
Think I'll just delete the game off my PC and maybe install some time after the patch, or maybe I'll stop playing. I'm really not sure

Edited by Troutmonkey, 21 April 2015 - 06:37 AM.

#74 LaysBrand

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:52 AM

View Postmonk, on 19 April 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

Ran the repair tool as suggested. Fixed all the issues. Now the game won't launch. Not even the splash screen comes up. I immediately get Mechwarrior Online has stopped working and that's it. Ran the repair tool again...to the same result. Not super awesome. I guess I'm looking at a full reinstall. Great.

Same here. Any suggestions?

#75 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

I'm not being flippant, but run it again.
thats all I got, mine crashed first couple of times it ran, seems to have fixed itself finally the piece of hsit

#76 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

My patcher just hangs at 1/3 for over an hour. Seems this "new" patcher hasn't fixed anything. Just going to patch via the repair tool like always.

#77 blood4blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 527 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:27 PM

My launcher hasn't launched unless I run the Repair Tool first for the last week or two. (If I click the launcher link, it just errors out. I run the Repair Tool, have it Fix the files, then the Launcher would work.) So I've literally run Repair Tool every day I've played including yesterday. I tried today to just hit the launcher - same errors, so I ran the Repair Tool. Starting about 3 hours ago, and it's still running. It's not hung up, it's just SLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....................

So, um, should I continue to expect to have to run the Repair Tool every time I want to launch the game? Should I do a fresh install? Any suggestions are welcome at this point, I'd like to play again before I retire.

EDIT Update: It finished sometime around midnight, after running for about 5 hours - too late to play, I just closed it without trying to launch the game. Will try again tonight & see if it launches.

Update 4/23: Last night same thing as before patch, i.e., I had to run the Repair Tool in order to get the game to launch, but it only took a few minutes so no big deal. Same thing tonight, except it appeared to be re-installing the entire game, again, just as it seems to have done on the 21st. I cancelled the Repair Tool, I'm uninstalling now and will try a fresh re-install.

Edited by blood4blood, 23 April 2015 - 06:13 PM.

#78 monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:55 PM

View PostLaysBrand, on 21 April 2015 - 08:52 AM, said:

Same here. Any suggestions?

I figured out a work around. Uninstalled. Reinstalled (Failed due to md5 mismatch). Was still able to start the normal MWO launcher so I then forced it to run the repair tool. THIS time the repair tool finished (it downloaded all the files that the normal patcher couldn't) and after it finished I could launch the game properly. Today's patch went fine, but I'm not going to chance running the repair tool. =)

Quick List:

1. Uninstall
2. Reinstall (will probably fail md5 mismatch)
3. Restart MWO splash page
4. Select repair tool - run
5. Repair tool will download all the files
6. Run MWO as normal. (hopefully it launches and you can play)

#79 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:30 PM

25/41 repaired. gonna be a long night for my computer. wish this topic had been brought up in the game launcher window a week ago. just sayin

#80 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:18 AM

Great - I forgot to run the repair tool !

Now I have to download 41 single patches !

Fantastic !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users