96 replies to this topic

#81 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

I was just listening to the Townhall on youtube, and it sounds like Russ thinks Highlander JJs weigh 1 ton... Do you think he would be more willing to fix them if he was informed/reminded that they are 2 tons each, meaning you can take 6-8 tons and still jump like a slob??

#82 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,612 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:48 AM

The problem with jump-jets is they are no good for mech agility, they just make the mech a fat target now like shooting ***** or easier actually. If you want that on your mech fine, go for it. But no mech should be forced to equip jump-jets that do not work to increase agility. It's like when I take my Summoner out I would never use the Jump-jets because you draw so much focus fire, and since the jump-jets are so sluggish everything hits and the mech is easily cored. Why am I being forced to have these worthless jump jets on my Summoner?

Pop-tarting is more supported by 3PV than how high the mech jumps. Get rid of 3PV and give back normal jump-jets to fix poptarts? No go huh? Well then let me remove them.

#83 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 16 April 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

I have a friend, he enjoys playing what are generally referred to as "bad" mechs. He tried the Gargoyle and said it was beyond redemption. The new omnipods coming might help, but let's be honest, an XL400 is a terrible thing to put on any mech.

Being honest, no it's not

#84 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostCoolant, on 19 April 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Being honest, no it's not

No, it was actually my friend. Only clan mechs I own are stormcrows. I am spacepoor and don't have the CBucks to buy clan mechs.

#85 Ragnar Bashmek

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 60 posts
  • LocationChandler, TX

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:14 PM

The Griffin 2M is appreciated, but not too much since we already had an ECM medium that is similarly useless. What we (IS) need is an ECM Heavy like maybe the T-Bolt Hero mentioned.

#86 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

Wow theres a lot of unknown time or no ETA but thats nbot much of a surprise

* Sees spawn camping as a issue in general.. thinks Forest map is potentially the worst of the current maps
* Extremely hard to design around griefing tactics.
* Hellbore has the safest dropzone.. wants to have dropzone up and away from the action
* Thought of having Dropships hover if there are mechs in range of dropzone.
* Perhaps have the Dropships focus fire down mechs.

Have the drop zone have an egg type dropship in it, and use the weaponry from those monsters, having the chatacters spawn out of that. Then you dont have the ships having to fly in on every respawn and they have a shitload of weapons lol

#any plan to address skill disparately in CW match making?

* Not enough players to address it at this time.

hmm not enough ppl playing CW or not enough players at all

#SpiralFace Will there be more "non-weapon" based quirks introduced to help chassis out beyond just weapon quirks? (Ammo per ton quirks, Sensor quirks, Target retention quirks, etc.)

* No brand new question son the list

Whats that mean?

#Hawk819 When can we expect the Mauler, Black Knight, and Cyclops BattleMechs? Also, any chance that the Wolfhound and Bushwacker will make an appearance in the game?

* No time line at the moment but Lots of mechs to come... IICs would be awesome to see!
* Wolfhound definitely game.. have concept art for Mauler, Black KNight and Cyclops.
* Has recently reached out to Harmony Gold.. Zero Change. Its less about Harmony Gold now and now about the movie rights that are in Sony's hand. Probably not going to happen, but how knows we might just go for it and change them enough to defend the decision.

Which of those mechs are HG property? And why cant they just use more of the Pheonix mechs for Unseen mechs?

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 19 April 2015 - 05:29 PM.

#87 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:26 PM

View PostZeece, on 16 April 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

#any plan to address skill disparately in CW match making?

* Not enough players to address it at this time.
* Perhaps add a planet that is a Militia vs. Miltia so that solo players can participate vs. each other.. no groups.
* But this would remove players from CW queue and extend match making time.

What's the point of a Militia vs. Miltia CW mode that does not affect planetary control? Can someone give a reason that makes sense?

#88 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 19 April 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

Have the drop zone have an egg type dropship in it, and use the weaponry from those monsters, having the chatacters spawn out of that. Then you dont have the ships having to fly in on every respawn and they have a shitload of weapons lol

In counterattack mode, what's to stop the attackers from camping near their dropship after destroying the objective and gaining a kill advantage?

I have asked this several times. But, I have yet to see any good answer.

#89 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:41 PM

View PostMystere, on 19 April 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

What's the point of a Militia vs. Miltia CW mode that does not affect planetary control? Can someone give a reason that makes sense?

It would affect planetary control. It would be a separate planet that only non grouped (non- unit?) players could attack/defend.

#90 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

View PostDavers, on 19 April 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

It would affect planetary control. It would be a separate planet that only non grouped (non- unit?) players could attack/defend.

From what I vaguely remember, it's a single planet to be fought over and over and over again ad infinitum. If that is not really the case, citation please.

#91 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:26 AM

View PostMystere, on 19 April 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

From what I vaguely remember, it's a single planet to be fought over and over and over again ad infinitum. If that is not really the case, citation please.

My understanding was that it would be one planet each cycle, alternating between Clan and IS that could only be attacked/defended by solo players. If it is as you said, un-takable, then yes, it would be really dumb.

#92 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:06 AM

Thanks for the notes Zeece!

Sounds like a lot coming down the pipeline.

Bummer about the swappable ammo LBX vs Slug for clans. Still, good to hear they are looking at buffing the A/Cs. The laser vomit is a bit much.

MASC seems like a solid implementation.

The announcement of them thinking about the IIC mechs is interesting, but I'm unsure how they will balance that. Still, Hunchback IIC is intriguing.

Lastly, it sounds like PGI MIGHT make mechs like the Marauder despite being different from the original design. I'd like to see that.

Overall, good stuff.

View PostOne Medic Army, on 19 April 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

No, it was actually my friend. Only clan mechs I own are stormcrows. I am spacepoor and don't have the CBucks to buy clan mechs.

I am surprised no one asked about any potential adjustments to the economy. It seems like a hot enough topic to have come up.

#93 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:16 AM

is that all?

if so a bit disappointing not having an answer on the question if the "omni" mechs with different quirks basically stopping them form being true omnimechs will stay or not.

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 20 April 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

Thanks for the notes Zeece!

Sounds like a lot coming down the pipeline.

Bummer about the swappable ammo LBX vs Slug for clans. Still, good to hear they are looking at buffing the A/Cs. The laser vomit is a bit much.

MASC seems like a solid implementation.

The announcement of them thinking about the IIC mechs is interesting, but I'm unsure how they will balance that. Still, Hunchback IIC is intriguing.

Lastly, it sounds like PGI MIGHT make mechs like the Marauder despite being different from the original design. I'd like to see that.

Overall, good stuff.

I am surprised no one asked about any potential adjustments to the economy. It seems like a hot enough topic to have come up.

well, honestly, with the way how weaponsizes have been unified, tell me how much jagermech does the jagrmech still looks like? Honestly not much. the "urbie" inside is gone, the characteristic big guns are also gone.

So the marauder if it differs as much as a BT jeager to the MWO jeager will not be similar enough anymore for some legal issues.

Edited by Lily from animove, 20 April 2015 - 04:31 AM.

#94 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:15 AM

Synopsis of Town Hall :

Thanks for your cash, now bend over and we will do what we like.

#95 Fragnot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUS Eastern

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:00 AM

View PostRagnar Bashmek, on 19 April 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

The Griffin 2M is appreciated, but not too much since we already had an ECM medium that is similarly useless. What we (IS) need is an ECM Heavy like maybe the T-Bolt Hero mentioned.

I agree that the IS could use an ECM Heavy, but I doubt they will (or at least hope they won't) put the only Hevay ECM option on an MC-only hero Mech. If they did, the people already crying P2W will blow a gasket.

#96 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostMystere, on 19 April 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

In counterattack mode, what's to stop the attackers from camping near their dropship after destroying the objective and gaining a kill advantage?

I have asked this several times. But, I have yet to see any good answer.

Though trying to balance the game around removing any way to grief players is quite impossible from what Ive seen, I was just suggesting a better idea than what we have, not a perfect catch all proposal

#97 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 20 April 2015 - 03:16 AM, said:

if so a bit disappointing not having an answer on the question if the "omni" mechs with different quirks basically stopping them form being true omnimechs will stay or not.

Or when/if we'll see Clan battlemechs because they will obsolete the Omnis if they impliment them the same way IS ones were

So the marauder if it differs as much as a BT jeager to the MWO jeager will not be similar enough anymore for some legal issues.

Or use the Project Phoenix one like they did with the Phoenix Pack? I asked them that somewhere on Twitter once and the reply was essentially what player expectation is.

I assume whoever had answered meant if the Marauder doesnt look like the Marauder then ppl will rage. Better that than HG raging, as they do it with lawyers.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users