#41 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 16 April 2015 - 11:40 PM, said:

I am just wondering what PGI was smoking when they decided it was a good idea to add more hardpoints to the DWF, TBR, and SCR.

They've always been there...they are just now deciding to sell them.

There's still a Dual Gauss Victor in the gamefiles, but I haven't been able to confirm how long that's been there.

#42 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:54 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 16 April 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

They've always been there...they are just now deciding to sell them.

There's still a Dual Gauss Victor in the gamefiles, but I haven't been able to confirm how long that's been there.

Whoa, THAT would be fairly awesome (80T mech with the ability to mount 2 ballistics, and JJs (semi useless though they are, they can still get you to good places to snipe from). Quick look at smurfies shows a Victor with XL 325 would have 42 tons of space at full armour, easily enough to twin gauss + ammo + JJs + ML backups.

#43 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:02 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 16 April 2015 - 11:40 PM, said:

I am just wondering what PGI was smoking when they decided it was a good idea to add more hardpoints to the DWF, TBR, and SCR.

Gotta have that powercreep man.

Only the diehard competitive players would theoretically be milked, in addition to the Pokemech collectors.

I mean... what else is the point?

I'm starting to think the dynamic hardpoint system (aka legomech) was explicitly designed to expedite hero mech building.

#44 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:04 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 16 April 2015 - 11:54 PM, said:

Whoa, THAT would be fairly awesome (80T mech with the ability to mount 2 ballistics, and JJs (semi useless though they are, they can still get you to good places to snipe from). Quick look at smurfies shows a Victor with XL 325 would have 42 tons of space at full armour, easily enough to twin gauss + ammo + JJs + ML backups.

The A variant, it seems they butchered it for the Dragon Slayer (notice the E hardpoints):
Posted Image

#45 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:05 AM

Future looks bright.

I look forward to what they do with colorblind mode.

#46 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:07 AM

Guys, did you not read this?
http://mwomercs.com/...ods-came-to-me/

Mcgral did the pics, but the data digging was there.

Virtually every relevant variant was covered there. This should not have been a surprise.

#47 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:28 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 April 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

Guys, did you not read this?
http://mwomercs.com/...ods-came-to-me/

Mcgral did the pics, but the data digging was there.

Virtually every relevant variant was covered there. This should not have been a surprise.

Yeah, the only surprise really is the inclusion of the TBR-A (dont think any of the other new variants add much. im probably in a minority here, but for Clan mechs i really question the usefulness of more energy hardpoints once you have 7 or 8. Everything has ghost heat, and clan energy weapons are hot as hell to start with. really dont have any ideas id like to make use of a 13E SCrow when we already have 9E possible).

But those 3 shoulder mounted E hardpoints on the Timby.. whoa. I wants. Might get people to stop focusing my RT every damn time and taking my JJs.

#48 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:36 AM

Good. Russ confirmed laser vomit. I was already afraid of it but laser vomit was just a matter of time. Hopefully something gets done on it.

* Public Queue maps getting update... River City first. Nothing planned for CW. Wants to expand all maps so that Causitic Sized maps are the minimum

Hmm... Maps getting updates finally....

And for colorblind people: nice..! I got my hearing impaired tag already. Now its up to them to get things moving.

#49 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:42 AM

View PostSarlic, on 17 April 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

Good. Russ confirmed laser vomit. I was already afraid of it but laser vomit was just a matter of time. Hopefully something gets done on it.

Only way to reduce laser vomit is to buff the other options to they dont suck comparatively. I.e. Clan UAC burst reduction and PPCs of both sides velocity increase, plus heat reduction for IS ERPPC. LRMs need a makeover too, but thats complicated due to the ECM interaction... maybe a gigantic velocity increase for dumbfired LRMs? (like increase to 600m/s). Only IS ACs, Gauss and SRMs are in a good place outside of lasers right now.

#50 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:11 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 17 April 2015 - 12:42 AM, said:

Only way to reduce laser vomit is to buff the other options to they dont suck comparatively. I.e. Clan UAC burst reduction and PPCs of both sides velocity increase, plus heat reduction for IS ERPPC. LRMs need a makeover too, but thats complicated due to the ECM interaction... maybe a gigantic velocity increase for dumbfired LRMs? (like increase to 600m/s). Only IS ACs, Gauss and SRMs are in a good place outside of lasers right now.

Well i likes the LRMs before it got nerfed. The speed etc was good. Damage was good.

But many pilots could not get into cover... Or didnt used it. Shame it got nerfed, because it was actually viable at the point.

#51 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:28 AM

My question about a more immerse , great sounding , looking and more sim like mechwarrior was totally avoided I even used a image too show the graphical point of my question.The difference is quiet staggering. I personally also asked about re arm and repair and improved sound effects..the sounds we have now are rather dull apart from some of the mechanical of the mech torso. But heavier hitting impact and firing sounds would be nice and perhaps engine revving up or slowing down sounds. People over look sounds but its quiet important too give you a sense of what you are seeing and feeling. the fact that all mechs have the same foot steps is lame. MWLL has different foot steps for each weight class showing the heaviness of the mech.
Posted Image

Edited by Kh0rn, 17 April 2015 - 01:36 AM.

#52 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:35 AM

" Would probably only happen if its a mech that wouldn't fall into a mech pack. Would have to be something in the same category as the Urbie "

I dunno how well received it would be but I would love to see a playable elemental! They are unique enough eh? Also I think you could get away with a little larger scaling?

Edited by Omaha, 17 April 2015 - 01:37 AM.

#53 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:00 AM

[color=#000000]

http://xkcd.com/1513/

[/color]

#54 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

After the new variant additions, I guess the only thing the Nova will be good for is jumping.
The SCR getting a 6-Energy arm and all.

View PostNavid A1, on 16 April 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

That is an answer expected from a MODDER (one who creates mods for games)... not a developer.
PGI, you are the developer of this game. you have the source code.... right? :huh:
impossible?
how?
Did your former programmer took the source code with him and you are creating mods based on his work?

That was not a good answer.

Oh and Thank you zeece for the effort.

Yeah this was really weird, not to mention the fact that people (myself included) were screaming LBX AMMO in chat to get an answer from him. Phil asked it once tied in with another question, and he chose to answer the latter. It took another ask to get him to even give an answer, really seemed like he was avoiding the question.

I've yet to use regular Clan ACs, are they essentially the same thing as UACs? What's the difference? Hopefully if follow through with the "impossibility" of making LBX ammo swap work, they'll make the Clan ACs more unique in some way.

Edited by xeromynd, 17 April 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#55 jackal40

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:10 AM

Thanks for the transcript - very much appreciated!

#56 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

For the most part it all sounded good, but I did see he mentioned 1/1/1/1 again as well as possibly removing game mode selection again and that just pisses me off. It always seems to be one step forward and two steps back.

#57 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:01 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 17 April 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

I've yet to use regular Clan ACs, are they essentially the same thing as UACs? What's the difference?

They are heavier, more bulky (more crit slots) and burst fire just like the cUAC's with out the double tap.... So, yea just bad.

#58 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 April 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

They are heavier, more bulky (more crit slots) and burst fire just like the cUAC's with out the double tap.... So, yea just bad.

Ouch, thanks for clearing that up

#59 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:06 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 17 April 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

Ouch, thanks for clearing that up

welcome... I mean they would be more usable, if they had a singel slug like the IS versions, then there would be some choice when it comes to using cAC's or cUAC's... But nope, just crap or crap...

#60 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:10 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 April 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

welcome... I mean they would be more usable, if they had a singel slug like the IS versions, then there would be some choice when it comes to using cAC's or cUAC's... But nope, just crap or crap...

Some tradeoffs would be nice, I think they're inevitable. It would be idiotic for them to confirm LBX Ammo Swap basically isn't happening, and still keep the Clan ACs where they are.

Maybe something like single slug, longer cooldown time, and slightly less range.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users