#21 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:39 AM

View PostFrostiken, on 18 April 2015 - 01:01 AM, said:

You obviously are a pretty ****** software developer if you think you know better than, say, the billionaires who make mobile Free To Play games, or the billionaires at Valve, or the probably-not-billionaires-but-close at SOE. Yeah, there's a reason you guys are the code monkeys, and nobody asks you how to get players to play your game.

Sorry but by insulting people you disqualify yourself.

#22 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:43 AM

This game is F2P. An average/good player don't take long to farm a good amount of C-bills.
The real, huge, problem here is the new user experience. At the end of the "training" (first 50 matches), the new player should have 3x variants of the same chassis (hunchback is a good choice, imo) and enough c-bills to upgrade them and change some weapons.

#23 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:25 AM

View Postred devil2, on 18 April 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

This game is F2P. An average/good player don't take long to farm a good amount of C-bills.
The real, huge, problem here is the new user experience. At the end of the "training" (first 50 matches), the new player should have 3x variants of the same chassis (hunchback is a good choice, imo) and enough c-bills to upgrade them and change some weapons.

*selfish reply follows*

Agreed, with the addition of proper documentation and guides implemented IN-GAME for new players. The "new player experience" is without a doubt the most important thing to me in this game. I want this game to be HUGE. Hell, huge enough to support MASSIVE CW play. We need a nice "encyclopedia" that new players can access the moment they download the game. They won't go to the forums immediately; those that do go to the forums likely improve quickly. There exists a GOLD MINE of topics on everything in MWO. Gotta get that gold mine to the masses!

I'm gonna tweet them at least twice a week telling them this until they block me, tell me I'm wrong, or let me/others help them make a better game.

#24 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:40 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 17 April 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

Check the page again for the $120 package -- you get a lot more than four 'Mechs. You get 12 'Mechs and 12 Mech Bays (16 'Mechs and 16 Mech Bays for Early Adopters), 60 days Premium Time, 4 Titles, 4 Badges, and 4 Faction Content selections (that's 12 Cockpit Items, 12 colors, and 4 patterns) . Plus, you could get the Monthly Rewards (another 51 days Premium Time, 3 Cockpit Items, 3 Colors, and 3 modules). That's a lot of value.

And if people have a problem with $500 Gold 'Mech packages, they shouldn't visit the Star Citizen site -- they have packages selling for $15,000.

Reason to play? I agree with SJ -- It's F-U-N!

Actual salvage isn't going to happen -- it could never be made fair.

Too many 'Mechs? You're definitely wrong there.
If you blow the arm off my Mech You keep the gear. If you core me you keep teh gear.

When I get back to the Mech Bay, I have a mint condition Mech replacing the old one. Just like what happens now.

How's that not fair?

Oh IS v Clan... I kill Clanners I get IS stuff or the option for just cash and vice versa.

#25 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:03 AM

First off: you have to remember that PGI need to make money through sales of this game. This is essential to the rest of the discussion.

PGI have decided to make money by NOT selling a whole game in a one off purchase and by NOT selling blocks of content in large packs. This means the money has to come from somewhere else, mostly through steady, smaller payments.

"Free-To-Play" is the generic term for this, however it's a really misleading term. A far better thing to think of is "a defered payment strategy".

You also have to remember that every person playing without buying is a drain on their resources and their sales. So any freebie given out has to be made up for elsewhere as it isn't a neutral event but a negative sale. This means freebies have to either be something that drives that non-buyer into becoming a buyer or that gets buyers to buy more. Anything else is a loss on the financial balance sheet, and that balance sheet has to show an overall profit or PGI go broke.

View PostFrostiken, on 17 April 2015 - 10:38 PM, said:

1) Add in daily log-in incentives. A major challenge for F2P games is just getting people to log in to begin with. They have all these other games to play, why play this one? A simple C-Bill 'paycheck' for logging in once every 24 hours would be nice. Roughly around 100k if you're a F2P player, perhaps 200k if you have a boost active. Not only does this get people to log in, but underperforming players can get a decent C-Bill income to upgrade their ****** mechs.

Firstly: they already have one, it's the "First Victory Of The Day" reward and it's already modified by being a member. Could it be higher? Quite possibly. But to say they don't have one is a bit disingenuouse. Secondly the bigger those rewards the more sales are from them, because there is less incentive to get CBills through a paid method (membership multiplier, MC, CBill bundles, MC only mechs). Basically at the moment you get, say, a 50th of a mech from your daily log in. That's a 50th of a mech sale that PGI have given away (50th less need for members, 50th less need for MC purchase etc). If it were doubled to being a 25th of a mech that also doubles the extra lose for PGI, so they have to make that up somewhere else. Which could be higher cost of members, or the higher need for members, or of MC only items. You have to ask yourself "which one of these do I want to go up?"

You also have to remember that the games that give out bigger daily login bonuses tend to be for more solo player games, where the aim is to get people to log in by habit and spend a couple of minutes following a progression path to get their "oooh, I done good" fix. They tend not to be active engagement games like MWO, and they tend to be aimed at hooking "whales" (industry term for the small minority of players who spend the bulk of the cash) who will pay to progress or pay to win to get their fix. MWO is not a solo game, so you have the problems of a bigger login reward unbalancing progression and needing a slowdown elsewhere.

BTW by having that "you need a win to get your reward" criteria bonus you encourage people to stay in game longer and play more rounds. This is really important as it helps keep more people around and playing, so the folks that are playing just to play (who are more likely to have members or spend cash) have something to shoot at. If it's a 'log in, hit button, get a portion of a mech, log out' reward then less people in the queue.

2) Regular special events. One weekend a month has double C-Bill rewards for all players, another weekend has double C-Bill rewards for boosted players.

This would kill sales and attract a heck of a lot of people who don't make purchases. The current approach is mostly to give away mechs, which lead to further sales (one mech needs two other mechs to be able to max it out). Or its to highlight content which people aren't playing that much, to get more people playing it and leads to more spending.

3) Regular sales. There's literally hundreds of mechs to buy. Once a month, for a weekend, put a mech chassis on sale. And don't just stick the shittiest, worst mechs on sale every time. Make it a Hero mech or something. Additionally, there should be some sort of daily sale on the more minor items and an additional discount on MC if you have a boost active. Hell, put sales in in the form of something like 'ALL XL ENGINES MUST GO!' and they're 40% off, 'one per customer'.

Again, they have regular sales on. What you actually mean is "reduce the price on the mech I want", and I can understand that. But how will you make up the money that PGI didn't make from you in that instace? Also what incentive do they have for making the low cash item (MC) further reduce the amount of money they can make off the MC user? I know these are just pixles so the replication costs are nothing (other than the continued development, the promotion, the servers, etcetc) but they still need to make $X per person from the game.

4) Tone down the greed on the cash shop and the 'special' sales. $120 for the Clan mech pack? Seriously? It's four lousy ******* mechs, are you people out of your mind? This game doesn't exactly have a good reputation amongst anyone who's heard of it (*cough* $500 gold mechs).

Again, where are they going to make up the sales from? And if people are giving out $120 for packs then what incentive do PGI have to lower the price? If the sales of them are too low then the price will go down, but at the moment it's where it is because it works and keeps PGI ticking along. Most of the mechs eventually become cbill purchases, so what people are paying for is the speedier access rather than the mech themselves.

As for the $500 gold mechs: yeah, and? There are far more expensive items available in other games, and those don't come with $250 of other stuff on top. I wouldn't personally spend $250 on a skin, but if others did then it's hardly different to other daft things people have happily spent their money on.

5) There is almost zero reason to actually play matches. The C-Bill rewards are embarrassingly low and will tremendously demoralize any player who isn't winning most of his matches. Furthermore, there's no real 'hook' to the game, things to work towards.

There is a major reason to play matches: they are fun. There is also, as you have identified, the incentive to get more CBills to buy 'better' mechs to then play matches in. If the basic game isn't fun / there is "zero reason to actually play matches" then maybe the game isn't all that hot to begin with.

So with that said, let's kill two birds with one stone: implement a salvage system. Here's how it works.

After every round, tally up who was involved with killing what. Every single mech destroyed has a chance to drop salvaged 'parts'. Parts are non-functional until crafted together (which costs some C-Bills - at a discount if you're boosted!). The smaller and more simple an item is, the fewer parts it requires. A small laser, machine gun, etc. is instantly salvaged and doesn't need to be crafted. Large lasers might be two parts, AC-10s are three, AC-20s are four. Every round, a destroyed mech piece will be handed out to someone as well. If you put enough mech pieces together, you get a free mech! The top damage-dealer assist and the killer of a given mech get two chances to 'roll' on any loot from that mech.

Players can then keep or sell their salvaged loot. On that note, you seriously need to increase the sell refund to more than 50%. 50% is insulting. This isn't ******* Skyrim. I have a room full of guns behind me and I can sell every single one for near what I paid for - or sometimes more. 50%? Really?

Again, this would lose sales from elsewhere. I'm not seeing where they are supposed to be made up from.

6) Stop making new mechs and actually focus on working on the game itself. There are more than enough mechs right now. In fact I'd say there's too many. Stop being greedy, and work on the maps you claim to be working on.

If there are more than enough mechs why do people keep on asking for more? If people are asking for more and are willing to pay over cash for early access to these mechs what incentive is there for PGI to stop making them?

Now, if maps are your thing then how much would you be willing to spend on access to them? Because, as said before, PGI need to make their dollar off of you, so would you be wiling to pay for that bit? Because whatever proposition you are putting forward has to include where the money is coming from or it will not happen. As, like it or not, PGI need to keep the money coming in to keep the game ticking over so that people can have the Free-To-Play experience that you think needs protecting.

#26 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:08 AM

View PostSandersson Jankins, on 18 April 2015 - 02:25 AM, said:

*selfish reply follows*

Agreed, with the addition of proper documentation and guides implemented IN-GAME for new players. The "new player experience" is without a doubt the most important thing to me in this game. I want this game to be HUGE. Hell, huge enough to support MASSIVE CW play. We need a nice "encyclopedia" that new players can access the moment they download the game. They won't go to the forums immediately; those that do go to the forums likely improve quickly. There exists a GOLD MINE of topics on everything in MWO. Gotta get that gold mine to the masses!

I'm gonna tweet them at least twice a week telling them this until they block me, tell me I'm wrong, or let me/others help them make a better game.

Yep. The "training" phase should introduce most of the mechanics to the new player, providing info and also tips and tricks (such as: if you mount an LRM, you should mount BAP/TAG/Artemis also).
Also, there should be a "mechlab testing area", where we can mount a weapon even if we don't own it and use it in a testing ground-like environment. This would help new players a lot because they can save tons of C-bills, without losing the chance to experiment with their mechs.

#27 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:09 AM

View PostMechWarrior0975971, on 18 April 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

Even if they just increase earnings by a shat load, it would make the game a lot more fun.

Also they could make it so buying Cbills was a much better deal.

Currently its like 5 bucks, for 1 million...... I think 1 buck per million would be more tempting...

I find the whole system to be insulting, and I only play cuz I really enjoy the game, and am a bit hooked.

Where would they make up the lost income from sales?

Only problem is, the poor saps who have like 1500 dollars into this game already..... If you made the pricing reasonable, they would feel so bad.

I'm not sure what can be done about that.

Actually that's quite easy. They have a record of all sales so they just either issue a rebate or they go "anything bought before time X will get bonus Y". As PGI have that cash they can't lose it by rearranging the pixels for it, however it would disincentives previous purchasers making more payments again for a while. Though even that could be balanced out if the income stayed stable (presumably with more people making more lower value purchases). There will be a price limit for things like transaction charges though, so that's worth keeping in mind.

#28 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:17 AM

I agree.

Even if they just increase earnings by a shat load, it would make the game a lot more fun.

Also they could make it so buying Cbills was a much better deal.

Currently its like 5 bucks, for 1 million...... I think 1 buck per million would be more tempting...

I find the whole system to be insulting, and I only play cuz I really enjoy the game, and am a bit hooked.

Only problem is, the poor saps who have like 1500 dollars into this game already..... If you made the pricing reasonable, they would feel so bad.

I'm not sure what can be done about that.

Odd. I make more money in MW:O than I do in Neverwinter. I just broke 60th lvl and I have less than 50 Gold. As a TT D&D player I had 50 gold by 3rd Lvl. And I'm having a blast PLAYING the game.

If you are playing teh game to become space rich you are playing teh game wrong.

#29 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:45 AM

Odd. I make more money in MW:O than I do in Neverwinter. I just broke 60th lvl and I have less than 50 Gold. As a TT D&D player I had 50 gold by 3rd Lvl. And I'm having a blast PLAYING the game.

If you are playing teh game to become space rich you are playing teh game wrong.

Comparing a bad game to an even worse game to make the bad game look more favorable still doesnt make the bad game into a good game.

#30 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:38 AM

1) Daily XP x2 is in force per chassis. Daily Cbill boost per chassis could be considered.

2) We double XP events about once every two months? And we have had plenty of blatant giveaway events (Halloween, Christmas, St Patricks)

3) We have MC sales on different items once a week. Cbill sales cannot be too often or the value of it will be diluted by too much. That is on average twice a year. Its about sufficient

4) Cash sales are for those that don't have time to grind. We can then choose to purchase. If the price is right and we feel we can afford it, why should anyone squirm about it?

5) My "target" for the game is to Master mechs that I like. When I'm in-between mechs, I use those that I have mastered already to "earn" more cbills to acquire more mechs, with the almost twice a month "gift" of premium time from events.

But that said. It would be useful to have non mech related "targets". For example, targets that change by the month with attractive pay outs, akin to bonus missions. The current set of achievements is a bit stale. Those that I have not been achieved are generally too difficult regardless, like Death Star. The town hall seemed to have mention that achievements will be revised. I look forward. I also look forward to more play modes. CW has been difficult to play, particularly with regards to waiting time, especially for lone wolfs. SOLARIS would be a great addition. and something to look forward to for 2016

#31 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:36 PM

View PostMadcap72, on 18 April 2015 - 12:31 AM, said:

what you have to pay real people money for doesn't give some huge advantage.

Dragon Slayer
Grid Iron (post quirks)
Yen-Lo-Wang (pre-Cent-AH(L))

Anything released early for money-only that is competitive (Griffin-2N, Timberwolf-A, Hellbringer, etc) - these result in a disadvantage for people who don't play. Sure, that disadvantage only lasts a couple months but in a F2P model that's a massive time window - 2 months of F2P players not wanting to play is a huge income lost in the long run because those players are paying during that window and are also less likely to pay in the long run.

Edited by Fate 6, 18 April 2015 - 12:37 PM.

#32 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

A couple of mastery packs based on research, premium time, one champion mech for an XL engine, kit fox reinforcement, some sale stuff == about $150 for 6months. $25 a month for a game I spend about 50hrs a month playing. Try going to a bar with a bad band($6 cover) and having 2beers ($5 not good not bad). That is $16 for 4-5 hours, but even on a poor paycheck it can easily be $25. I used to race mountain bikes and even just keeping the things moving was about $100 a month in parts plus gas and entry fees.

$15-$50 a month is a very fair price for what I get out of this game especially compared to other stuff that gives a lot less back. If you are not spending any money on this game and still playing you are still the winner as far as what you get compared to what you have spent.

New players with or without cash are at a disadvantage because they do not have modules or elited chassis nor do they understand the META of building/playing certain mechs and they are thrown into competition with folks with every advantage. A little premium time can help this problem, but cash does not fix it.

OP please learn that whenever someone uses the word FREE it is just a shorter version of "Bridge in Brooklyn for sale"

Edited by Chuck YeaGurr, 18 April 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#33 omessiaho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

View Postred devil2, on 18 April 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

Yep. The "training" phase should introduce most of the mechanics to the new player, providing info and also tips and tricks (such as: if you mount an LRM, you should mount BAP/TAG/Artemis also).
Also, there should be a "mechlab testing area", where we can mount a weapon even if we don't own it and use it in a testing ground-like environment. This would help new players a lot because they can save tons of C-bills, without losing the chance to experiment with their mechs.

This is one of the biggest issues for me. Right now I'm considering buying the Battlemaster but I am hesitant because its like 8,000,000 cbills per mech not counting engines and upgrades. If I can't get along with it I just wasted like a months worth of earnings. Since PGI refuses to lower prices or increase payout this seems like a reasonable feature.

#34 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:47 PM

I wouldn't expect prices to come down on mech packs. I wouldn't be surprised to see those mechs go on sale well after the fact to ring out a little more cash. But that's the nature of the beast.

I think they should just copy World of Tanks. Daily missions. Or daily achievements. Another way to earn C-bills and another reason to log in. But not just give C-bills away.

Lastly. It would be awesome to have salvage be part of the daily game. Instead of the occasional event.

#35 Jacobei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationElite Light Rangers 5

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

View Postk05h3lk1n, on 18 April 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

I stopped reading at this point.

Ya I thought the same - as soon as #5 came up we knew what this was really about.

I was like Hmm 1-4 this game has...

#36 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

This game is kind of weird. It's a Free-To-Play game that seems to want to act as if it's a conventional Pay-To-Play game. The F2P formula has been pretty well nailed-down both on other PC games that beat this one to market, and let's not forget the entire mobile game nonsense going on there.

Since this game is going to be on Steam soon, I really don't see it receiving a warm reception considering it lacks even the most BASIC elements that keep F2P games relevant for longer than their front-page time on Steam.

This is why I'm wary of Russ Bullock's "late summer" Steam release estimation, I doubt it's actually going to be ready by then considering that's not so far away (relatively) and how little progress PGI has made overall in this area.

1) Add in daily log-in incentives. A major challenge for F2P games is just getting people to log in to begin with. They have all these other games to play, why play this one? A simple C-Bill 'paycheck' for logging in once every 24 hours would be nice. Roughly around 100k if you're a F2P player, perhaps 200k if you have a boost active. Not only does this get people to log in, but underperforming players can get a decent C-Bill income to upgrade their ****** mechs.

To be fair, they already sort of do this with double XP for your first victory of the day with every mech you own, though I wouldn't argue with some extra c-bill incentives.

2) Regular special events. One weekend a month has double C-Bill rewards for all players, another weekend has double C-Bill rewards for boosted players.

There actually have been quite a lot of weekend events lately, and while they may not all be perfect I do give PGI at least some credit for this.

3) Regular sales. There's literally hundreds of mechs to buy. Once a month, for a weekend, put a mech chassis on sale. And don't just stick the shittiest, worst mechs on sale every time. Make it a Hero mech or something. Additionally, there should be some sort of daily sale on the more minor items and an additional discount on MC if you have a boost active. Hell, put sales in in the form of something like 'ALL XL ENGINES MUST GO!' and they're 40% off, 'one per customer'.

There are sales often enough, it's just hard to find something actually desirable in those sales a lot of the time, mostly because of #4 below.

4) Tone down the greed on the cash shop and the 'special' sales. $120 for the Clan mech pack? Seriously? It's four lousy ******* mechs, are you people out of your mind? This game doesn't exactly have a good reputation amongst anyone who's heard of it (*cough* $500 gold mechs).

Yep, the prices are ridiculous and as a result I've only spent money on some mech bays and some colors when they were on sale, which isn't a lot of money and I don't plan on spending any more either.

5) There is almost zero reason to actually play matches. The C-Bill rewards are embarrassingly low and will tremendously demoralize any player who isn't winning most of his matches. Furthermore, there's no real 'hook' to the game, things to work towards. So with that said, let's kill two birds with one stone: implement a salvage system. Here's how it works.

While I agree that c-bill rewards are rather low, it is fun enough to just play some matches when you eventually finish building & furnishing your mech (otherwise I would've quit a while ago, heh...) but the real problem is the crapfest grind preventing me from having fun just playing some matches because it's the antithesis of fun getting owned for being at a (usually very large) competitive disadvantage because I didn't grind out my mech enough and faced off against somebody who did.

6) Stop making new mechs and actually focus on working on the game itself. There are more than enough mechs right now. In fact I'd say there's too many. Stop being greedy, and work on the maps you claim to be working on.

This partly has to do with players continuing to buy mech packs and showing PGI that they can get away with shoving out mech packs instead of doing real work on the game, so the whales are to blame for this as well as PGI.

#37 Jacobei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationElite Light Rangers 5

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostFate 6, on 18 April 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

Dragon Slayer
Grid Iron (post quirks)
Yen-Lo-Wang (pre-Cent-AH(L))

Anything released early for money-only that is competitive (Griffin-2N, Timberwolf-A, Hellbringer, etc) - these result in a disadvantage for people who don't play. Sure, that disadvantage only lasts a couple months but in a F2P model that's a massive time window - 2 months of F2P players not wanting to play is a huge income lost in the long run because those players are paying during that window and are also less likely to pay in the long run.

This makes no sense at all!

#38 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

Earnings suck, lets all just admit that. If you have a wad of cbills its okay for you as you don't notice it but many of us who bought packs just blow most of our cash getting one viable. Usually the rest just sit stripped bare. I have a bunch of urbies that chances are will never get built in any reasonable time. Its no fun with that because I wanted to mess with the builds and try things. I started moving into lights before they arrived and forget that because if your new to lights you earn nothing. My one Urbie has been out of the barn only a few times. One shotted= no cash so that stops any progress forward.

Forget it, one of the most fun things for me which is experimenting with builds has been gone since the cbill nerf. I cant begin to imagine how hard it sucks for a new player earning squat in the learning curve.

#39 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostKhobai, on 18 April 2015 - 03:45 AM, said:

Comparing a bad game to an even worse game to make the bad game look more favorable still doesnt make the bad game into a good game.

There's tons of that going around whenever someone points out problems with this game.

#40 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

sigh
I see this thread is going to K town soon

well lets see if can get another post in :D

since IGP went under there are regular events
its called weekend events
or black friday (yes I know its not new, the other one was though, when was it again?)
or stocking stuffer
or what was that other one where you could win free MC n stuff at Saint Patricks?
n sales too
faction pride
flash sale
or all heros some % off
and so on

LFG thingy event, hmm

to be honest I thought what would I do with 500 free MC, I got like 3$ somewhere
went with the island
maybe what OP should ask for is an option to be notified about events and sales?
well sometimes I get those

/s

could earnings be a bit higher? sure
at the end of the day
if I'm in a CW match and I'm not doing great I earn 300-350k
if my team wins and I did good I earn 700k
thats with premium and 2 C-Bill boost mechs (Grasshopper n King Crab)
wanna do me a favor?
ask Russ if he could be swayed to let premium tick away when you're logged in only
I asked him and he said no, if more ask him maybe it gets upped a notch to thinking about it :ph34r:

and if they want to go to Steam they should never do it without a DirectX12 support and some more fps improvements
seeing as about 50% of Steam users are still rocking dual cores

I don't want to run around white knighting
but this game has been improving steadily

4vs4 is coming should help newer players, maybe put it in solo que too for players under 100 matches or so

so maybe OP is asking for the wrong thing
maybe new players need to be pitted against new players only in 4vs4
or 1vs1 in Solaris
and then rising steadily instead of making them cannon fodder against vets

you increase the chances for new players, let them learn and stretch their legs
adjust incomes in the matches to make up for less salvage

and all together make it a nice learning curve with enough bonus rewards to buy your own 3 Assault variants at the end or so

Edited by Peter2k, 18 April 2015 - 02:16 PM.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users