1 reply to this topic

#1 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:57 AM

One time use as well as equipable modules for the game modes in CW. Most can only be used by the commander. Should be expensive.

Vital planets have more 'slots', less vital-less slots. Could be affected by leaderboard standings.

Paved streets, +10% turn rate/accel-deccel for all combatants.

Carpet bombed, -10% top speed

Geo engineering, ambient temp +/- 10%

Orbital bombardment - team leader use only, 500m x 500m area bombed for 10 damage per mech/generator

ECM drone, used like arty - smoke gives 500m x 500m area disrupted radar(affected area shows on map like a ball of static. No locks or doritos in area. TAG and Narc work normally. Carried by Lance commanders so 3 per team.

Geo Engineered Storm, -10% damage/range energy weapons for 10 minutes.
Geo Engineered Winds, -10% ballistic velocity/ damage for 10 minutes.
Geo Engineered Magnetic Anomolies, -10% missile range/velocity +10% spread.

Orbital TAG, 30 seconds generators and cannon are Tagged and missiles receive nice buff

EMP, no radar for 5 minutes. No lock-ons. VOIP randomly fails.

Local Network Coms, mechs sharing target into receive info faster. +3% chance to crit. Mitigates ECM/BAP to a degree.

You get the idea.
If holding planets wont give R&R-like rewards then perhaps cbill investments can be used to temporarily or for longer term, upgrade planets. Why not use modules?
Who assigns the modules? Could be the Tag holder for the planet.

If units are investing into planets perhaps they would be more inclined to stay with them over a longer duration?

#2 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:34 PM

I don't know if I like it or not. I'll wait for someone who is more clever than I to start trying to discuss this.

I'll say though, that you're bound to come across a lore-hound (like me, but WORSE) that is gonna point out that the geo-engineered weather things are too advanced for IS technology in 3052. I'm not really up to date on the existence of these things in BT (unless you made them on the fly, which I have no problem with tbh), but if they did exist, I'm reasonably certain it would be Losttech.

As a tentative statement, I think this system would work better along-side planetary bonuses and the like.

However, Russ has stated that there will be no planetary bonuses on the dev's plate for now. I wonder if this is because they fear outcry from players feeling that "unsuccessful" houses are at an inherent disadvantage. Pissing people off, even if the people are jackasses for getting mad about it, is a GREAT way to lose money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users