What Mechs Do You Think Need Some Hitbox Love?

29 replies to this topic

#21 destroika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:43 PM

Locust just needs to not stand still and be paranoid about enemy LOS. I love nailing those with dual guass, it's so satisfying! Just bought one today and they are actually pretty fun. It's like a squirrel with red bull.

Needed hit box adjustments:

Indestructible collide-able obstacles (that generate invisible walls)
Terrain
Landscape

My catapult-K2 suffers more from endless LRM rain imo, but when shooting a catapult, I do feel like it's an easy kill, even when I'm in my own. Even with the best engine, it still feels a bit sluggish to move around. It's got the turn radius of a model-T.

Edited by destroika, 19 April 2015 - 08:45 PM.

#22 Hardac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:41 PM

The Blackjack and Zeus need to be hit with a nerfhammer dropped from low orbit, imo. With an open CT they just eat shot after shot. It's kind of ridiculous.

#23 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:54 PM

View Postdestroika, on 19 April 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

Locust just needs to not stand still and be paranoid about enemy LOS. I love nailing those with dual guass, it's so satisfying! Just bought one today and they are actually pretty fun. It's like a squirrel with red bull.

heh, I was (mostly) playing as it is fun and should be a squishy mech. Of course it can be moving/zig zagging at full tilt and still be ruined by one shot from someone who can aim. No need to be standing still...

#24 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:06 AM

Catapult CT hitbox needs to be shrunk a bit, or additional structure or armor added via quirks.

Vindicator needs some additional armor or structure quirks for the arms. If a Vindicator comes under any fire, the arms are stripped quick. The arms have to be about 50% of the mech's front profile. Worse yet, almost all the weapons are in the arms with many builds.

Nothing else I pilot seems bad at the moment. I think these are the two worst mechs when it comes to hitboxes that I own.

View Postdestroika, on 19 April 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

My catapult-K2 suffers more from endless LRM rain imo, but when shooting a catapult, I do feel like it's an easy kill, even when I'm in my own. Even with the best engine, it still feels a bit sluggish to move around. It's got the turn radius of a model-T.

I never knew how true that was till I bought a Jester. I always thought a large engine K2 was fairly maneuverable till I setup a Jester. The Jester is a dream to pilot in comparison.

#25 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:37 AM

Needs hitbox re-distribution.

#1. Maddog/Vulture
#2. Stormcrow
#3. Battlemaster
#4. Orion
#5. Jenner

Needs adjustment to leg hitboxes (reduce bloating)
#1. Raven
#2. Cicada

Needs a total rescale of the model
#1. Nova
#2. Catapult
#3. Quickdraw
#4. Victor

Needs Totally redone model from scratch
#1. Jenner
#2. Catapult

Needs improvement to Camo spec cleanliness.
Or just overall Texture cleanup. (ugly cell shaded boundary edges, Muddy white/black purity, ect.)
#1. Dragon
#2. Jenner
#3. Kintaro
#4. Banshee
#5. Atlas
#6. BlackJack
#7. Victor

Just my opinion.

#26 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

Leave the Jenner OUT of any Hit Box Fixes, it does not need it. All it needs is a CT Internal or Armor Quirk. If you try to adjust the hit boxes to the CT and ST's you are just asking for trouble. Folks do not seem to realize just how many builds this will threaten.

Coming from an almost exclusive Jenner Player.

#27 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:02 AM

Look at this ****. Why do my STs extend that far down?
Posted Image
For a 45 ton medium, my STs are the size of a barn door.

Edited by Sigilum Sanctum, 20 April 2015 - 08:13 AM.

#28 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

Warhawk torsos, Gargoyle Ct needs Awsome treatment......the Awsome is better than it was 1.5 yrs ago but maybe a tad more Internal structure boost this mech although it is way better than if used to be, Nova more internal structure strength for Arms , Torsos. Last adder work greatly improved that mech and I am not sure more is needed. Mist Lynx , please resize the mounted lasers , missiles , on the arms make more like the Commando. Jenner CT and Head hitbox Internal structure buff. Catapult structure buff CT , arms. Atlas right torso structure buff front and rear , it has to have more frame and bracing for that massive AC20. Trebuchet side torso internal structure buffs please.

Edited by SaltBeef, 20 April 2015 - 09:21 AM.

#29 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:24 AM

Stormcrow.

Any mech that can take 4 or even 5 alpha strikes that just seem to migrate anywhere convenient has issues

#30 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 20 April 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

Look at this ****. Why do my STs extend that far down?
Posted Image
For a 45 ton medium, my STs are the size of a barn door.

Side torsos are a bit large, but again, my biggest issue is with the arms. If you remove the arms and place them side by side, they are almost as wide as the entire torso. The arms are just shy of 50% of the front profile of the mech. Not to mention the arms are large from the side too (especially the PPC arm).

The Vindicator needed smaller arms (thinner). Since it won't get smaller arms, it needs additional buffs to the arms structure or armor.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users