Shame On You!

18 replies to this topic

#1 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

Just went into a drop where members from the same unit dropped against each other. The ones on our side sand bagged the match so their friends on the enemy team could win. Pretty sure they were giving away our locations and dropping arty strikes on us.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

Douches gonna douche.

However, GenDisc isn't the best place for this, even if they were dumb. This is something for support.

#3 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:07 PM

I can't prove anything. So no point in sending anything to support. Just getting the word out that this is something that happened and to look out for it.

#4 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

If this is a group queue game, I guess that's valid.

In a solo drop... please don't summon the tinfoilhatwarrior.

#5 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

I was in a group with 3 others. There was a lance of [xxx] on my team and a lance of [xxx] on the other team. The [xxx] on our team elected not to participate at all in the fight. It was 8 on 12. we got rolled. 12 to 0

#6 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

Could just be the guys on your team had a bad game.

I have a hard time believing that people want their scores to be crap because they see a friend on the other team.

#7 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:26 PM

The only time I see this happen is when you have some super-large mega unit like MS or CI, where it's very difficult to keep track of everyone.

Even then... it is the most unproductive use of sync dropping.

#8 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Sandbagging is a violation of the TOS. Report it.

#9 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 19 April 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

The only time I see this happen is when you have some super-large mega unit like MS or CI, where it's very difficult to keep track of everyone.

Even then... it is the most unproductive use of sync dropping.

Care to tell us when this has happened and with whom? I fight my unit mates all the time because there are usually multiple groups on at any given time. If anything, I gun for them harder than usual. They do the same with me.

Death to CI is our trademark slogan when we are fighting each other. Steel sharpening steel and all that.

Edited by Dino Might, 19 April 2015 - 07:13 PM.

#10 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 530 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

It happens occasionally with CGBI, but we actually do our best to win for bragging rights and reason to bag our teammates a little in fun if we get a kill on them :P

For us it makes us fight harder, often we will actively hunt our Clanmates down.

#11 Votanin FleshRender

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 518 posts
  • Location3rd rock from the Sun

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

View PostBumbleBee, on 19 April 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

It happens occasionally with CGBI, but we actually do our best to win for bragging rights and reason to bag our teammates a little in fun if we get a kill on them :P

For us it makes us fight harder, often we will actively hunt our Clanmates down.

I've seen it in the group Q, same thing.

A 4 man of a very large and prominent unit on the other side, and a 2 man on our side. The 2 man on our side had a Dire Wolf and a Timber Wolf. We got stomped and the 2 man on our team did a combined 4 damage. Suspicious, but circumstantial.

I reported it, nothing happened.

Edited by Votanin FleshRender, 19 April 2015 - 07:52 PM.

#12 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

Dropping with my unit - whenever one of ours ends up on the red team, tempers tend to run hotter than usual. I can understand that.

Cheating is another matter. Cheating is a form of admitting that you are actually a loser who is not good enough to learn how to play the game...who needs to be propped up somehow or another to hide the failure.

If a whole team does it, then it is a team of losers - with some kind of loser group think going on. I'll have no part of that.

You want to be a loser?

The losers interfere with the happiness of my friends, the winners.

#13 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostDino Might, on 19 April 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

Care to tell us when this has happened and with whom? I fight my unit mates all the time because there are usually multiple groups on at any given time. If anything, I gun for them harder than usual. They do the same with me.

Death to CI is our trademark slogan when we are fighting each other. Steel sharpening steel and all that.

No. I don't wan't to give any names. I've been harped on for the "name and shame" before.

#14 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:32 PM

Heard of responses that Mercs Star was telling the other side where we were. I dunno if accurate, but one MS unit member on one side, 3 other side. No chat msgs or anything. Only others on my side saying that they were.

#15 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:42 AM

View PostDjPush, on 19 April 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

No. I don't wan't to give any names. I've been harped on for the "name and shame" before.

Might as well. You already posted unit names in an unsubstantiated attempt to drag them through the mud. Until there is some evidence, it's another, "I lost so they must be cheating," tantrum.

#16 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

Every now and then in PUGs I'll get dropped with a team mate on the opposite team. That amps up the fight for us and we'll do our best to try to kill each other. :D

#17 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:59 AM

Better to report it and let PGI sort it out. It's best if you have a SS of the score screen, but not necessary. They have the game metrics available and can easily see who did damage, team damage, etc. If they did it once, chances are they will do it again, and earn themselves a bannin'.

#18 Fragnot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUS Eastern

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostDino Might, on 20 April 2015 - 02:42 AM, said:

Might as well. You already posted unit names in an unsubstantiated attempt to drag them through the mud. Until there is some evidence, it's another, "I lost so they must be cheating," tantrum.

No it wasn't the OP that said any names, it was the first guy you quoted. He hasn't posted again since.

#19 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostDino Might, on 19 April 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

I don't pay attention to it, because it doesn't happen very often (I pay attention if I have to fight Lords or some other good unit) and I don't get bothered by it like some people.

I'm more annoyed if a group tanks and doesn't hold up its end of the deal... ESPECIALLY if they open their mouths.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users