#61 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:36 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 21 April 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

How many boat ballistics? They are not quite easy mode, you know.
And at least one of those select few IS 'Mechs that can have 6 lasers can have 6 LLs and spam them so much it hurts my eyes.

Because LLs on a Stalker are OP now right? I mean come on I solo Timbers all the time in mine. /s

Edited by Pezzer, 21 April 2015 - 05:36 AM.

#62 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:40 AM

LOL Yes. I went in with my Wupp Cat. He was already damaged...My Mad Cat Brand new. I got the first Alpha.(from 250m)..he shoot back...I sent him the 2nd clean against the CT.....and went down..He was cored..but not even red...Yupp. 1 vs 1 ..Head to head..NO CAN DO....:D

#63 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:03 AM

View PostLOADED, on 20 April 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

IS cashgrab :)

also neg. quirks on novaesque stormcrow arm and timber's laservomit shoulder. is PGI really expecting someone to buy that junk?

I can not imagine anyone intimately familiar with the Nova to EVER spend a dime, gold, or cbills on any Nova variant ever offered again.

maybe some new to the game......but those of us who actually paid real money for the novas when they came out, and the resulting nerf rendering them half the mech you paid for days after the check cleared?....no.

AND if you were one of those like me, who bought, then sold it, and RE-bought it when the so called "buffs" arrived, oh Hell no.
Thats the fool me twice category.

#64 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

View Post0bsidion, on 20 April 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

Am I the only one that's excited about the Nova C? Finally a pod with a missile HP! Sure, it could use more than just one, but I'll take it. Also interesting they're putting out the Wolf's Dragoon's Direwolf config. W.

I don't know why they're releasing it as a Variant when really it should be a Hero mech. Only one pilot ran this variant and I do think that Natasha Kerensky counts as a Hero. I thought they wanted to make an abusive amount of money off of us?

View PostBloodweaver, on 20 April 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

You can already do that in the -732, albeit not with dual ballistics. In the Heavy Metal you can do it with dual ballistics. The new Highlander variant's only real advantage over the others is additional armor quirks.

So essentially it will only take a few more seconds to die in the open. Since it certainly won't be jumping out of the way...

#65 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

View Poststrikebrch, on 20 April 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Perfect , now i'm gonna be able to make that Direwolf Widowmaker build.

because it is the widowmaker center, that makes it easy

Edited by BluefireMW, 21 April 2015 - 06:23 AM.

#66 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:19 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 21 April 2015 - 06:03 AM, said:

I can not imagine anyone intimately familiar with the Nova to EVER spend a dime, gold, or cbills on any Nova variant ever offered again.

maybe some new to the game......but those of us who actually paid real money for the novas when they came out, and the resulting nerf rendering them half the mech you paid for days after the check cleared?....no.

AND if you were one of those like me, who bought, then sold it, and RE-bought it when the so called "buffs" arrived, oh Hell no.

Would it help to serve as a warning if Nova means "No Go" in Spanish?

#67 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:24 AM

View Postrolly, on 21 April 2015 - 06:19 AM, said:

Would it help to serve as a warning if Nova means "No Go" in Spanish?

bwahahaha
gawd...I knew that too...

I remember in the 60's (nineteen sixties kids) when Chevrolet introduce the Nova in south america and it tanked, they couldn't give them away till they renamed it superstar or something like that FOR that reason!

#68 Pepito Sbazzeguti

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:30 AM

View PostPezzer, on 21 April 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:

On one hand, the IS are getting super-fast PPCs and faster-firing lasers. On the other hand, like half the Clan mechs can laser vomit while the other half can ballistic boat. Only a very select few IS mechs can have over 8 lasers, or even 6! And ballistics are too heavy to boat for the IS. I hope that people actually try a few IS mechs out and watch their damage fall before it's too late and the devs overbuff the Clans because demand is too high...

Only the Direwolf can ballistic boat and the KingCrab is the IS counterpart.

Well, if you consider 2 UAC5 a ballistic boat then you can count Timberwolf and Hellbringer too.. the IS only have Jagermech, Dragon, Enforcer, Catapult K2, IV Four, Cataphract, Battlemaster, Atlas, Highlander..

Edited by Pepito Sbazzeguti, 21 April 2015 - 06:32 AM.

#69 Cervantes88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:30 AM

Seriously ? Why give the two most popular clan mechs even more ridiculous hardpoints ?

I like that Griffin though.

#70 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:19 AM

Anyone with $2 to Spare mind picking me up a Lolcust to try?

Edited by Lord Letto, 21 April 2015 - 07:19 AM.

#71 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:24 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 April 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

You blowing 9 bucks tomorrow, too?

I'm blowing mine on Friday (payday)

#72 Haroldwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 233 posts
  • LocationKalispell, MT

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:25 AM

10 new Reinforcement Mechs really aren't new mechs. A variant isn't a new mech, a Black Knight or Wyven is a new mech. :)

#73 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:27 AM

View PostHaroldwolf, on 21 April 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

10 new Reinforcement Mechs really aren't new mechs. A variant isn't a new mech, a Black Knight or Wyven is a new mech. :)

You go to a Car Dealer, and you see a Mustang GT, Mustang V6 and a Mustang Shelby 500. They are all the same chassis, but each is a new and different car. Ain't like we are talking taking your car to pepboys and slapping on a bunch of aftermarket parts.

#74 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:35 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 April 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

You go to a Car Dealer, and you see a Mustang GT, Mustang V6 and a Mustang Shelby 500. They are all the same chassis, but each is a new and different car. Ain't like we are talking taking your car to pepboys and slapping on a bunch of aftermarket parts.

you mean......like Clan mechs?

#75 TyrEol

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:38 AM

Why the delay on buying these mechs with MC? sure I can understand a delay on buying them with cbills that's where the income comes from, however

They aren't part of a pack where people are going to pay less by just buying one variant, so no loss there.
People who bought MC paid real money too, so unless theres a premium to paying with $'s directly then it's the same.

Sure some MC prizes come from competitions, but adding up what most people can get out of competitions, would pretty much just buy you a locust.

So what's the point?

For the record, I don't currently have any banked MC, that I'm whining about not being able to spend, because I spent it all in the last hero sale.

#76 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 21 April 2015 - 06:03 AM, said:

C variant is so pointless, it hurts, the one M may be somehwat appealing, but then for what? a single srm6 does not save you. ssrm6 is quite a lot tonnage for the few podspace it has. and those fixed 4 DHS in this build, wow amazingly wasted.

and honestly, the biggest "steal" for me personal was the latest quirkening, because giving omnimechs CT quirks basically killed the omnimechs, now have 5 Novas, and basically only 2 CT's have quirks that I consider being useful (B and A variants). GG 3/5 Novas will now be inferior simply by CT quirk choice.

Same for the adders, the prime is the one CT being truly better than the others. Too bad I have now 2 of 3 adders being inferior, even with the same equip.

I gonna wait and see if Mike replies within a week abotu that Omnimech Ct quirkening. If That is not going to be clear where the "omni mech adventure is goign to I may make a own thread and tweet russ about it. But if Omnimechs Ct's will stay like this, I truly consider a refund on all the clanwave packs. I bought omnimechs to be able to configure freely, but not to have identical inferior configs. Thats not simply "balancing" thats actively imbalancing stuff. and not part of the initial product.

#77 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 20 April 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

I think I'll buy two!

Can you imagine if THIS is how ALL mechs were sold, with dollars, not MC.

IS Lights - $2 (Heroes add $4)
Clan Lights - $3 (Heroes add $4)

IS Mediums -$5 (Heroes add $6)
Clan Mediums - $7 (Heroes add $6)

Is Heavies - $8 (Heroes add $8)
Clan Heavies - $10 (Heroes add $8)

IS Assaults - $10 (Heroes add $10)
Clan Assaults - $12 (Heroes add $10)

I know I'd sure be spending a LOT more on this game rather than going through arbitrary MC conversions and crap, not to mention these prices are a little more fair. Hell, I'd pick up every Locust in a second.

#78 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:08 AM

View Postrolly, on 21 April 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

So essentially it will only take a few more seconds to die in the open. Since it certainly won't be jumping out of the way...

As much as I hate to say it, this is the problem. On a slow lumbering mech with garbage jump jets, this much armor (probably ends up being about 26 on the CT) disappears rather quickly if you get focused. We'll see how it goes though, I don't know why they left off the 5% speed quirk on this variant though.

#79 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:24 AM

How much QQ'ing instantly from IS players over the Timberwolf A....Really you wonder why they have broken op IS mechs....and utterly useless clan!...All this bitching has to stop....these led to knee jerk reaction that either over nerfed clans or over buffed some IS by way to much in the past. Now please stop the complaining...

#80 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostCrottykid16, on 21 April 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

How much QQ'ing instantly from IS players over the Timberwolf A....Really you wonder why they have broken op IS mechs....and utterly useless clan!...All this bitching has to stop....these led to knee jerk reaction that either over nerfed clans or over buffed some IS by way to much in the past. Now please stop the complaining...

Clan mechs useless? The Timber Wolf is still my favorite Mech to play. I think things are pretty balanced right now. A few of the clan mechs are the best chassis in the game, but there is always going to be something that has to fill that role so I am okay with it. I have no qualms with fighting the uphill battle in CW. It rarely is the difference maker.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users