Updated Potential Service Disruption/increased Latency For European Connections

26 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

As of about 1:00PM PDT today it appears that a number of European ISP's are experiencing issues connecting to the standard backbone line typically used to connect to our server.
Most of the connections being affected by this are still reaching the MWO servers, but the adjusted routes are adding an average of 50ms to their connection latency.

If you are experiencing connection stability issues in Europe, or if you are seeing multiple players drop from matches, this is the likely cause.

We will keep this post updated as more information becomes available.

UPDATE: We are receiving word that the European connection issues should be resolved at this time. If you are located in Europe and continue to see the ~50ms increase in your latency, or if you are experiencing disconnections, please let us know in this thread or through a support ticket at technical@mwomercs.com.

#2 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

I'm not in Europe and I have had 2 of my 5 games disconnect me from the game right when I find a match. I click rejoin and it tries to load in, but kicks me back into the mech lab telling me I've been "Disconnected from the game Server." I tried relogging and restarting the client, but no luck.

#3 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

View PostJman5, on 21 April 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

I'm not in Europe and I have had 2 of my 5 games disconnect me from the game right when I find a match. I click rejoin and it tries to load in, but kicks me back into the mech lab telling me I've been "Disconnected from the game Server." I tried relogging and restarting the client, but no luck.

Okay, this might be caused by a bad PAK file.
Please try a run of the Repair Tool and let me know if the problem persists.

For any European players, keep in mind that these two issues are unrelated.

#4 Ajantise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:26 PM

It is the servers. I used the repair tool... it is not helping (Europe)

#5 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 21 April 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

Okay, this might be caused by a bad PAK file.
Please try a run of the Repair Tool and let me know if the problem persists.

For any European players, keep in mind that these two issues are unrelated.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Incidentally, my game was working fine until I ran repair tool today prior to the patch.

#6 stocky0904

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

Maybe thats the reason i didnt get a redeem code after buying my new griffin. the transaction is confirmed by paypal, but no code here and no email. I wrote a support ticket a few minutes ago.

#7 Anmaril

Rookie

• Command Sergeant-Major
  • Command Sergeant-Major
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:24 AM

Ok, i live in the states but obviously this is affecting here as well. Every match was either never connect, or kicked me out. So spent 2 hours messing with repair tool to get all pak fixed, and after that, STILL kicked. Please fix this, why spend money on a game I cant even play?

#8 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:47 AM

How about setting up EU servers?

#9 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:03 AM

View Poststocky0904, on 21 April 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

Maybe thats the reason i didnt get a redeem code after buying my new griffin. the transaction is confirmed by paypal, but no code here and no email. I wrote a support ticket a few minutes ago.

Sorry to hear this :( . Bought a Griffin today too, my giftcode- mail was there even just before my paypal confirmation. Redeeming the code was fine also, Mech is in my Inventory. I'm located in germany. Not sure this helps you, hope you get your problems solved quick. Can't say anything about disconnects and crashes, i haven't tried yet.

#10 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:14 AM

if i will get this problem and you will not solve it, i will uninstall, it is already disadvantaging to play 190 ping vs 50 ping..................but 250 NO.

#11 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 22 April 2015 - 05:14 AM, said:

if i will get this problem and you will not solve it, i will uninstall, it is already disadvantaging to play 190 ping vs 50 ping..................but 250 NO.

Do you understand what he is saying?

Hes saying there is an issue with some european ISPs are having issues connecting to a standard backbone. How on earth do you think PGI could ever fix that? Its completely out of their control. The ISPs will have to fix it/get it fixed (since its probably a dead router somewhere?) (im sure they will)

#12 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

Hope this will be solved soon...

#13 Purerage13

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:23 AM

I'm in Canada and after installing the latest patch the autopatcher ran a repair on 41 files and since then after I enter my password I get a black screen and dropped back to my desk top do I need to do a full uninstall and reinstall?
Also were is my redeem code for the 3rd wave clan pack that I purchased I have not seen that yet as well

Edited by Purerage13, 22 April 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#14 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

View PostPurerage13, on 22 April 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

I'm in Canada and after installing the latest patch the autopatcher ran a repair on 41 files and since then after I enter my password I get a black screen and dropped back to my desk top do I need to do a full uninstall and reinstall?
Also were is my redeem code for the 3rd wave clan pack that I purchased I have not seen that yet as well

There is no code for packs - if you look at your profile there's a tab called preorders and it will be listed there. It drops on June 16th. Gift codes allow you to immediately get a mech and are completely seperate.

On the other bit - can't help but good luck sorting that.

Edited by Remarius, 22 April 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#15 Purerage13

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for clearing the pre order thing up for me

#16 Looreed

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

It's unplayable for today from Germany. Lag and rubberbanding effects like hell. No chance to get a hit with SRM. Ping jumps between118 to 350. But MWO isn't the only service that causes problems today. Internet connection to US area seem to be very slow from Germany at the moment. Google search is slow as well.
European websites are loaded with normal speed. So it seems to me that there is something wrong with the transatlantic cable or a backbone between Europe and US Area.
Hope it will be fixed soon.

#17 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:25 PM

I can't connect either. Everything worked great and then boom, kicked out of the match to a log-in screen and now I can't connect. Ran the patcher again just in case, didn't find anything wrong. Europe.

#18 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

In our CW match it was like "Disconnect Online"...4 of my team and 3 of the others had discos and could not rejoin but landed in the mechlab the whole time.

#19 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:56 PM

Yeah, same thing just happened to me. Dropped back to mechlab with "Disconnected from game server".

#20 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 22 April 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

Do you understand what he is saying?

Hes saying there is an issue with some european ISPs are having issues connecting to a standard backbone. How on earth do you think PGI could ever fix that? Its completely out of their control. The ISPs will have to fix it/get it fixed (since its probably a dead router somewhere?) (im sure they will)

By setting up EU servers. That's how. We've suffered long enough from high pings don't you think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users