Question About Command Console

25 replies to this topic

#1 TLX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:40 PM

A Command Console gives u some % more of durability of the locks? Because this is the cause it i think does when i put to my Catapult when i have some C-Bills...

#2 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

For a Catapult, the Command Console is not worth the Tonnage.

Also it is a better aid for direct fire mechs, boosting:

Sensor Range
Zoom
and Targeting Data speed

So you'd get more from Artemis, BAP and TAG than the Command Console.

#3 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:51 PM

What Command Console does:
  • +42.5% Target Info Gathering Speed
  • +12.0% Zoom
  • + 6.0% Radar Range (+48 m)
  • Extends ECM Detection Band by 12m (IE: can target ECM mechs from 180 - 212m instead of 180 - 200m)
Again targeting speed meens you are gathering target info faster.
No faster missle locks, no faster convergence or anything.
The only scenario I found commandconsole remotely viable is the Atlas D-DC with Beagle, ECM and sensor range module.
And even then you may think of several ways to soend 3 tonns with a greater impact on your performance. ( Larger engine for example )

#4 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:53 PM

seems as a ****** version of active probe

#5 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:00 AM

Here's a description of Command Console:

Posted Image

#6 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 22 April 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

No faster missle locks, no faster convergence or anything.

I could be wrong here, but I got the feeling it helps to get missle locks faster back when you had them but were disrupted by terrain and radar deprivation.

#7 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:37 AM

View PostBSK, on 23 April 2015 - 01:21 AM, said:

I could be wrong here, but I got the feeling it helps to get missle locks faster back when you had them but were disrupted by terrain and radar deprivation.

Since ECM detection range ist enlarged by CC due to higher sensor range it would be imaginable that other range dependent ECM effects on enemy targets could be affected as well.
Since there where and are still many effects around the designers never thought of ( BAP bug ) there are a lot of possible things most players aren't aware of.
But so far I couldn't make aout any difference in lock speed on not ecm protected enemy units.

#8 TLX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:26 AM

No i dont mean missile lock faster,i mean...for example: i target an enemy mech in my radar,later that mech moves back a mountain,but ur lock continue in ur HUB,whatever if noone of ur teammates are targeting him or u dont detect on ur radar. For a few seconds more,my lock stay in my HUB. This is what i mean and have this doubt.

#9 TLX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:37 AM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 22 April 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

Also it is a better aid for direct fire mechs, boosting:

Sensor Range
Zoom
and Targeting Data speed

So you'd get more from Artemis, BAP and TAG than the Command Console.

This is how i want to loadout my actual Catapult A1:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0badccddaedc490

Now i only have Artemis and tons of ammo,and well,some jump jets,as u see,i want to improve engine and put a Command Console,this is why i question that.

#10 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:59 AM

You're better off saving tonnage with an XL 300. And should pack in some close range weapons too.

I'd rather try this myself: A1

You can shave off armor on the legs for another ton of ammo. And if you don't like JJs, there's another ton to utilize.

Edited by Praetor Knight, 23 April 2015 - 03:00 AM.

#11 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:05 AM

You really have no reason to use the Command Console at the moment. At 3 tons, it does not provide enough benefit even on assault mechs. What you do want, is the Beagle Active Probe. It will help counter nearby ECM, and it will extend your sensor range, which will let you (rarely) use LRMs at full range without friendly help.

You can take more LRM launchers to deliver missiles faster by using a lower spec engine. The LRM boat does not to be super fast, it will be enough if you can keep up with team assault mechs. This packs a decent punch. Note that due to how MWO is balanced, you will still have matches where your LRMs do nothing. It is highly recommended to use any other weapon system instead.

To keep locks longer, you need the Target Decay module. You first have to unlock it on the Skills > Pilot Trees > Mech screen. Then you can buy one for 6 million Cbills.

#12 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:27 AM

View PostModo44, on 23 April 2015 - 03:05 AM, said:

To keep locks longer, you need the Target Decay module. You first have to unlock it on the Skills > Pilot Trees > Mech screen. Then you can buy one for 6 million Cbills.

wouldn't recommend, everyone's running a radar deprivation module which renders target decay useless.

#13 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:29 AM

View PostLOADED, on 23 April 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

wouldn't recommend, everyone's running a radar deprivation module which renders target decay useless.

Actually, they cancel each other out. If you have target decay, then radar deprivation will no longer make the target disappear instantly.

#14 Orion Starion

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSLC, Utah, USA, Terra

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:01 AM

Definately drop to an XL300.
This is what I would recommend: <a href="http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=13&l=5517db361f3653389800c0d73cde299d1c3351cf">CPLT-A1</a>
If you want a little close in defense you can do this: <a href="http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=13&l=2821f7e57bea85d998796548b880b0ba67dc4dff">CPLT-A1</a> or this: <a href="http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=13&l=3aeb4b74b6e793dadb11b8774cf1cc25e3235550">CPLT-A1</a>

You don't need Artemis with LRM5 and even with LRM10 it's not strickly nesseccary. It does help a bit with lock on times. The command console is nice for scouting and command function but it helps less than BAP for just missile boating. If you really want to use it, and I do like using it myself, make sure you have BAP as well. And equip the Target Decay module. The Sensor Range module is nice too, as all of those things together will help you find targets even in an ECM heavy environment.

#15 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 22 April 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

For a MECH, a Command Console is not worth the tonnage.

Seriously, for a new player, that's all you need to know: This piece of equipment is garbage. No good player uses it and you shouldn't either.

Edited by Terciel1976, 23 April 2015 - 05:28 AM.

#16 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

View PostModo44, on 23 April 2015 - 03:29 AM, said:

Actually, they cancel each other out. If you have target decay, then radar deprivation will no longer make the target disappear instantly.

I've actually been accused of "OMG HAX" by a QQ-warrior who thought his Radar Derp would save him from my missiles by just moving behind an obstacle and then coming to a complete stop. 2 waves of 60 missiles slamming into his XL equipped mech with an already open side torso showed him he was wrong. :ph34r:

#17 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:37 AM

"Seriously, for a new player, that's all you need to know: This piece of equipment is garbage."

Pretty much. The only time I grab CC is when I've configured a mech with 3 tons available and only one empty slot left.

And that usually indicates a bad design to begin with.

#18 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:43 AM

Like people have said CC for a new player isn't worth the tonnage.

For a vet brawler its additional speed at info gathering can be priceless.

#19 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:18 AM

I have over 60 mechs and use exactly 1 command console. It's niche is....small.

#20 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:33 AM

Here it is, straight from the Developers: http://mwomercs.com/...ommand-console/

It's worthless. Sell it for the Cbills if you manage to get one with a mech you buy.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users