25 replies to this topic

#21 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

On a catapult it is just not worth it, BAP gives you more range. Also look at a 280 XL and you will still go 76 kph. Using just two LRM 10's, try 4 or a mix of SRM's or SSRM's. The DPS really goes up and your options when a light rushes you. Having dual LRM 15's with 4 SSRM 2's is also a good option.

Look at Target Decay, advance sensor range, target info gathering. for modules if you can fit them in that order.

BAP, TAG, and Artemis in about this order.

Weapons go for cooldown first, then extended range.

On the 6T Zeus and the Battlemaster 3S I was using the Command console, mainly for testing, but running TAG, Artemis, BAP, CC and as many of the modules as I could. Out of the 57 mechs I have mastered only one mech was mastered faster than those two.

#22 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:49 AM

"Look at Target Decay, advance sensor range, target info gathering. for modules if you can fit them in that order"

2 Mech module slots? Go with Radar Dep and Target Decay.

I've found that Advance Sensor Range is not a good choice for missile boats. BAP will add the needed sensor range (and do other stuff too). Its not as helpful to detect mechs outside of 1000 meters because you don't want to be wasting ammo on long range targets anyway - too easy for them to outrun or find cover during missile flight time.

#23 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 23 April 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

For a MECH, a Command Console is not worth the tonnage.

Seriously, for a new player, that's all you need to know: This piece of equipment is garbage. No good player uses it and you shouldn't either.

That's a bit harsh, I'm choosing to use a House Rule, sticking to proper BT Engine Ratings.
So the only mech that I currently have with CC is the BLR-1G.
I moved the D-DC CC to the BLR-1G: 6xML, 1xMPL, 2xMG, BAP, STD 340, Standard Armor and Structure, 512 Armor and the rest in DHS. Sure I can stick an LL, ERLL or LPL in the arm, but the primary damage dealers are the MLs in the torsos for the mech.

It happens to work well enough for that mech! ^_^

Side Note: And imagine if we had better engine rules and proper external DHS values! There'd be more reasons to fill spare weights with items like CC in those rare cases. Than now with our fractional engine-ing-ness-ness!

#24 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 23 April 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

That's a bit harsh, I'm choosing to use a House Rule, sticking to proper BT Engine Ratings.

If you are choosing to gimp yourself in MWO based on TT, then our POVs are so utterly foreign to one another that further conversation between us will just be a waste of keystrokes (Your choice is your choice, but I simply cannot fathom it).

So, so my POV is absolutely clear: For the competitively minded player of MWO, the Command Console is a garbage piece of equipment that is simply never worth its tonnage.

I don't think any higher level competitive player of this game would have an issue with that statement.

Edited by Terciel1976, 23 April 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#25 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostBanditman, on 23 April 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

Here it is, straight from the Developers: http://mwomercs.com/...ommand-console/

It's worthless. Sell it for the Cbills if you manage to get one with a mech you buy.

Except the zoom is now 14% and the time to gather is 40(something)%.

If you know don't know why having target info faster than the guy your are fighting is important in a brawl, then you don't need CC.

Edited by sycocys, 23 April 2015 - 03:13 PM.

#26 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:19 PM

View Postsycocys, on 23 April 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

Except the zoom is now 14% and the time to gather is 40(something)%.

If you know don't know why having target info faster than the guy your are fighting is important in a brawl, then you don't need CC.

Paper dolls faster is a great thing (I'm a huge fan of the TIG module), but BAP+TIG module weighs 1.5 tons less, counters ECM and does more to reduce target info gathering time.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users