Battle Of Tukayyid Full Event Details!

712 replies to this topic

#41 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:15 PM

bleh ... I love the chance of free stuff but the time I get to play is low population in CW, I really don't get a chance to play during NA primetime so I might get to 10-15 points depending on ghost drops because they are only 10 match points. I was looking forward for this but now I'm kinda meh about it ....

#42 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

I appreciate the rewards... but...

Man...this is BEYOND INSANE.

50 qualifying matches means around 30 hours...30.! over the weekend.!
i would LOVE to see a dev play for 30 hours and see how he likes it. Maybe then he will get an idea about 30hr playtime over the weekend.

I guess i'll play for the MCs (they are still at insane levels) but the top end rewards are so negligible that i wont regret not reaching it. I can buy 10 warhawks + 20 banshees just for a laugh... the mechbay though...!

#43 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 23 April 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

The 50 Point tier should really be seen as an extended, edge-case reward. The ultimate goal for most players will be the 40 point tier for the Banshee/Warhawk selection.

50 points is a lot, and we're definitely mindful of that, but for every comment we tend to receive about the max tiers being too high we get another about the points not going high enough (here or through the support services). 45 and 50 were essentially added as stretch rewards to cover that.

Whatever you think, divide by 2 and round up.

#44 omessiaho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

The 50 Point tier should really be seen as an extended, edge-case reward. The ultimate goal for most players will be the 40 point tier for the Banshee/Warhawk selection.

50 points is a lot, and we're definitely mindful of that, but for every comment we tend to receive about the max tiers being too high we get another about the points not going high enough (here or through the support services). 45 and 50 were essentially added as stretch rewards to cover that.

Who is complaining about awards being too easy? Like are people really that petty that they are upset enough to complain to support that players may get a mech to play with?! I'm having a hard time believing that this game is that full of kill joys.

Stretch goals are cool but why is this stretch goal (the mech) the same as the normal reward for other events? This sounds like an acknowledgement that the requirements for the previous events were steep.

#45 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:41 PM

Should have been a week long event.

#46 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

lol, anything above 30 feel stupid.

#47 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

There is a third way/criticism/suggestion. I and at least some others are of the opinion that it is not the score requirements that sucks in some of these challenges, but rather the limited amount of time we're given in which to achieve those scores. Three days just isn't enough unless someone does literally nothing else for the time the match is going.

Tournaments, especially ones that involve CW matches, should last a week. Three days is simply not enough time, realistically, not even for 40 points. I want that Warhawk bad, and I fortunately have most of the weekend off - but I'll honestly be surprised if I manage to acquire it.

Most CW matches last at least 20 minutes, and you can be sitting in a queue for 10 minutes or more sometimes. Admittedly, I expect the queue to be less of a problem this time around since CW will only have one big fat planet available during the event. Even so, 20-minute match + 5 minutes of queue & loading time x 40 points... that alone makes for 1,000 minutes, or 16 hours and 40 minutes. Oh, and that's only if every single match qualifies, and doesn't run over 20 minutes in length. That 's a lot of time, over five hours per day. MINIMUM. For the FORTY-point tier.

There are a lot of people who work weekends, a lot of people who simply are more available on weekdays even with work, and a lot of people who can only put in a couple of hours each day but can do so consistently, etc... 17 hours of play would be a lot more understandable if it was spread out over the week instead of a single weekend. And the Battle of Tukkayid, being as important as it is in lore, shouldn't have ever been a single weekend's length in the first place :/

Edited by Bloodweaver, 23 April 2015 - 06:57 PM.

#48 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:10 PM

If the challenge was a full week, I'd buy the point scaling and could probably gey there myself doing 6 or 7 matches a night. I like the stretch goals, but 40 for the big prize? Come on. This is going to be harder than the victors challenge. 30 or 35 feels a lot better. Still tough and quite a commitment in a 3 day period, but possible for those with a family.

I do like the scaled steps though, and the Mc isn't anything to sneeze at.

#49 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:15 PM

I have to agree that 50 points in 3 days not possible. I have work Monday and a child to look after Saturday - Sunday on normal weekends. With ANZAC day 10-20 would be the best I can do. Please PGI remember the 25 years and over crowd next time.

#50 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

I looked at the sales on and thought this is fantastic, I should spend some cash. then I saw the rewards and went - you know what Why bother PGI doesn't care about Aussies at all in this game so why should I reward them.

Yet again, PGI fail to start an event on Friday night Aussie time, meaning we get Saturday and Sunday of which Saturday is ANZAC day in Australia - a day to celebrate the achievements, and mourn the deaths of real life Aussies in war. EG on this day most Australians are out paying respect to our soldiers. and it also marks the 100 year anniversary of the landing of our forces in WW1

1. I cannot believe PGI is insensitive enough to ask people to play a game to get rewards on one of the most sensitive times in Australia's history.
2. Even given this I cannot fathom that they would ask us to spend 20 + hours of playing to achieve this over effectively 1 day.
3. I finally am still annoyed that PGI cannot figure out to start these events 12 hours earlier, so Aussies can use their Friday night, and Americans still get their entire weekend - they just loose Monday night. (note Aussies and Americans would both get Friday night, Saturday and Sunday this way)

PGI

For the love of god, start realising you are trying to market a global game to a global audience. Us Aussies already deal with the fact we are playing the game 0.2 - 0.3 seconds behind everyone else due to your severs, we already deal with the fact that get shafted every time there is a weekend event by not getting Friday night to participate, unlike others. But expecting us to achieve 20 - 25 hours play during a national day of mourning marking the 100 year anniversary of the most significant single day in Australia war history. Well, you should be ashamed.

#51 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:28 PM

Hmmph. I can pull maybe 12 this weekend, so for me the event looks like this:
  • 3 Event Points: x4 C-Bill Consumable Pack
  • 5 Event Points: Battle of Tukayyid Participant Banner
  • 10 Event Points: 1,000 GXP
  • 15 Event Points: 150 MC

#52 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

Devs, I once said that tournaments should be around 50 matches for top prizes, and I stick by that.

However, I meant public drops, which are about 1/2 the length of a CW match.

This is obviously my fault for not being clear.

#53 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:34 PM

Although the Leaderboards look cool.

#54 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:51 PM

Zfailboat

I agree with most of you post except

View PostZfailboat, on 23 April 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

But expecting us to achieve 20 - 25 hours play during a national day of mourning marking the 100 year anniversary of the most significant single day in Australia war history. Well, you should be ashamed.

Please remember the day is called ANZAC Day (Australian and NEW ZEALAND Army Corps) so not just about the Aussie Soliders (They deserve to be recongised), but also the NZ Soliders.

#55 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

BRING IT ON!

#56 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

I don't know why these still shock me. I should fully expect it to always be a ludicrous time sink that's only available for the weekend. Would it be so bad to make events last an entire week?

I don't know if I can do this one. Between rl stuff I need to do and...well other **** I'd rather do, we are talking about CW. You are really making it hard for me to care. By the way, that first reward should be 3 days of premium time, I think you guys accidentally made it something lame.

50 points in cw? over the weekend?
Posted Image

Edited by Taffer, 23 April 2015 - 08:01 PM.

#57 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

View PostKnight2416, on 23 April 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

Zfailboat

I agree with most of you post except

Please remember the day is called ANZAC Day (Australian and NEW ZEALAND Army Corps) so not just about the Aussie Soliders (They deserve to be recongised), but also the NZ Soliders.

Yeah mate I agree, I just got lazy when writing the post :).

#58 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

Are these newly designed banners? Or the same old boring House sign dealies? It would be a nifty idea to have a bunch of multiple banners per house or faction for this thing. Might encourage more of us to participate, but we understand that people are busy.

#59 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

May I make a suggestion to whoever incharge of this event.

Match score 80 to 200 = 1 point
Match score 200 and above = 2 points

This should encourage people to keep fighting, instead of doing 1k+ damage and going afk for the rest of that match.

#60 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 23 April 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

Well, to be fair: I'm totally not against Crazy Super Special Awesome Prizes For People Who Are Insane And Have No Responsibilities, or CSSAPFPWAIAHNR's.

I just want to see a decent mech prize, just once, for people who want to put a good amount of play in but can't pull those insane hours for CSSAPFPWAIAHNR's. Leave the Assaults on 40 points. Add a heavy at 30, a medium at 20, a light at 10. Make it really worth stepping along the line, but if people can only make 20 points, they'll at least still feel like they got something awesome for it.

Truth be told, if one could get 4 mechs, it would be almost a quarter of a mech pack PGI sells. Not economic if they do that, so they wouldn't. Though I would like it (or mix around the mech chassis' so one time you get a Light first at 10 points, and others you can get a Heavy first, etc).

However, I miss the days when you could win 5 matches and you would get a mech and mechbay...
The TDR-9S release was awesome back in the day, everybody loved it.

Edited by luxebo, 23 April 2015 - 08:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users