Battle Of Tukayyid Full Event Details!

711 replies to this topic

#81 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:28 AM

Won´t be a Problem to gain those 50 Points, even if you are "Pugging" ... Just keep in mind to focus fire ;)

#82 Ebelon

• Pip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDresden

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:28 AM

Apat from the many matches - did you change the starting time for tournament?
Usually they started at 07:00 pm germany time. which allowed us to gain some points at friday evening after work already. now its 12:00 PM (or 00:00 AM at saturday). :(

greetings,
Ebelon.

#83 Better Call Saul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:35 AM

3 days to complete 50 CW matches, how is that even possible.

#84 Suzano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:36 AM

will boycott this event

#85 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:42 AM

View PostScum of the Earth, on 24 April 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

Are you kidding me? No one has the time to try to get to 40 points in a 3 day period to earn a mech. If this is such an "important" event, it should be run for a week minimally. After all, the real battle for Tukayyid took 12 days to complete. That would make more sense and be realistic to earn 50 points. Some of us only play for a few hours a day because we have an actual LIFE that doesn't revolve around MWO. Please be more considerate to the "average" gamer.

While I agree with your main point, people DO have the time and will to meet the requirements for any reward posted.

Don't underestimate nerds! I've got a 40 hour/week job, but no family commitments to speak of. If the rewards were higher, I could and would certainly meet the challenge. Yeah, I wouldn't sleep too much. But I have rather bad insomnia anyway, it beats staring at the ceiling!

I don't envy PGI. They make the rewards too easy to get, and people are gon' complain. They do as they've done, and people are gon' (already have) complain.

I think SOME change would be nice, but am doubtful if it will be implemented.

I'm curious to see what sort of rewards I'll get, though. Maybe I'll forget to sleep a couple days and snag the big ones!

Edited by Sandersson Jankins, 24 April 2015 - 12:42 AM.

#86 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:53 AM

Thank you for the Starting timepoint change, now european and "further eastern" players can screw Friday evenings completely and are pushed into the daytime of Saturday and Sunday... :angry:

and why don't you finally give more points for higher match scores, maybe 1 for 80, 2 for 140, 3 for 200?
then there would be an incentive to perform better and not just grind through the maximum amount of matches...

oh well, time for a nap tonight after work before the grinding starts... :mellow:

#87 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:59 AM

View PostRisen, on 24 April 2015 - 12:53 AM, said:

and why don't you finally give more points for higher match scores, maybe 1 for 80, 2 for 140, 3 for 200?
then there would be an incentive to perform better and not just grind through the maximum amount of matches...

I like this!

#88 actionking

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 79 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:03 AM

View PostEbelon, on 24 April 2015 - 12:28 AM, said:

Usually they started at 07:00 pm germany time. which allowed us to gain some points at friday evening after work already. now its 12:00 PM (or 00:00 AM at saturday). :(

greetings,
Ebelon.

Did not notice before.... that's really sad too see.

View PostRisen, on 24 April 2015 - 12:53 AM, said:

And i really like this idea, this would give me an average 3 to 4 points per match. And the 50 points would be in sight. :wub:

#89 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:12 AM

This event is crazy, no way im touching it with a 10 foot pole.

40 CW matches in a single weekend? are you insane? The last event took the entire weekend to complete @10-12 hours per day, and it only required half the points. That's going from "your not going to do anything else this weekend" to "that plus your not allowed to eat or sleep either". It takes upwards of 30-45 minutes for a single match and if your not in an organized premade your not going to have 100% conversion at 80 points.

No thanks.

*edit*

also is it worth pointing out that regardless of the days the event runs for, weekends only include 2 days not 3 for the vast majority of people?

I keep seeing people talk about spending 3 days on the event like its a public holiday in the US or something. during work days I'd be lucky to fit in 1 or 2 drops with life stuff so even if the event did run for a full 7 days it wouldn't make much difference.

View PostScum of the Earth, on 24 April 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

Are you kidding me? No one has the time to try to get to 40 points in a 3 day period to earn a mech. If this is such an "important" event, it should be run for a week minimally. After all, the real battle for Tukayyid took 12 days to complete. That would make more sense and be realistic to earn 50 points. Some of us only play for a few hours a day because we have an actual LIFE that doesn't revolve around MWO. Please be more considerate to the "average" gamer.

If 12 days started on a Friday then yes I think the event would be well achievable by most people, although still a huge time investment but the targets would be justified.

*alternatively*

If you just simply kept a running total of match scores, so 70+90 = 160 = 2 points etc, or if your in a well organized premade you could get 2-3 points per match (these guys will keep playing beyond 50 points anyway because its shooting fish in a barrel for them).

Edited by Asmosis, 24 April 2015 - 01:40 AM.

#90 Toaster36

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:41 AM

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I think right now it's going to be too easy to get 50 points. I mean, really? Only 50 matches? I could do that in my sleep!

The cap should be closer to 200. This would weed the casuals from the more hardcore players, like myself. I've already stocked up on Mountain Dew, Doritos, Dewritos, and Adderall. Now what am I supposed to do with this stuff if not consume it all in a 71.25 hour period?!

TL;DR Filthy casuals ruining my experience.

Edit: Corrected time available.

Edited by Toaster36, 24 April 2015 - 01:43 AM.

#91 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:42 AM

greetings,
Ebelon.

This right here well totally screw many EU players. Losing the friday evening means losing 30-40% of the weekend gaming time for many (since they have to get up monday morning and can't play that long on sundays).

#92 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:06 AM

well to be honest i do about 25-30 CW matches in a regular weekend anyway (although that weekend usually starts a bit earlier on friday than it would do now with the time shift i also loose about 3-4 hours) so 50 matches should be doable for me depending on when i have to work on monday.
i like having higher tiers and wouldn't mind if they extended it to 75 or even 100 for the real try-hards (but not with ever increasing rewards mind) but for the mech reward yes 40 matches would be too high for the somewhat more normal playerbase and especially solo players who will keep getting bumped to the rear of the que by the 12mans stealing spots. it should have been around 25 games this still requires time and devotion and would also still recieve a lot of flak from players thinking its too high a number but hey its something thats within reach so they will atleast try.

#93 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:40 AM

Alexander/PGI - you guys to realize that there is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge different between 40-50 standard drop matches (average 7-10 minutes, can drop out and into a new match) and 40-50 CW matches (20-25 minutes, locked into one CW at a time, matchmaker now sticks adding minutes to what should be instant matches).

Now I'm all for higher bar rewards/goals - but a 25+ hour minimum to clear a 3 day event is really out there. And saying that the main goal is "only 40" -- that's "only 250 minutes" - 4 hours, still requires at least 20 hours of play, with every match qualifying --- which won't happen for pugs/new CW players I guarantee you that.

Seriously sit back and do some math on these things.

#94 Lord of Death

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:46 AM

Ridiculousness.

You know CW games take longer than 5 minutes a pop right?

Ridiculousness.

#95 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:48 AM

40 CW matches for a champion mech which is on sale 60% off (with MC offer)?
Yeah, but nah bang that.

You guys are going just a little crazy with these time vs rewards things.

Still, thanks for the sale :)

#96 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:59 AM

View PostToaster36, on 24 April 2015 - 01:41 AM, said:

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I think right now it's going to be too easy to get 50 points. I mean, really? Only 50 matches? I could do that in my sleep!

You do realise it is 50 CW matches, and not 50 Assault/Skirmish/Conquest matches, right?

#97 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:04 AM

greetings,
Ebelon.

Good, good! Finally, some time for Elite:D. Tukayyid? Next time maybe.

WAT, RNUTZ???

#98 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:05 AM

View PostAppogee, on 24 April 2015 - 02:59 AM, said:

You do realise it is 50 CW matches, and not 50 Assault/Skirmish/Conquest matches, right?

With the filthy casuals references I'm pretty sure the post is just a joke.

#99 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:08 AM

The time must be an AM/PM screwup? Seems weird to drop the Friday night.

Reality ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> PGI

#100 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:12 AM

Great, so this event now starts after the 10 pm GMT ceasefire and the only time I have to play this weekend is Friday. I'm going to be hard pushed to even get the participant banners :(

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users