Battle Of Tukayyid Full Event Details!

710 replies to this topic

#441 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

well, I tried CW for the 3rd time...tried really hard to have fun and enjoy it. And it can be fun as long as the team you drop against has the same general composition as your team (1 or 2 small groups and the rest solos), then games are fun and close and you come away with a few 100,000 cbills. Unfortunately most teams aren't of equalish composition...if you happen to be in one of the teams made up of 1 or 2 small groups and the rest mostly solo players you will drop most of the time against large, 10+ man premade groups, get totally stomped, be lucky to earn over 100,000 cbills and in very rare cases come out with a match score over 80. Being part of the large premade groups and totally stomping the enemy is equally unfun because there is no sense of urgency/test of skill...but at least you come away with 400,000+ cbills, tons of loyalty pts and a match score of well over 80. PGI is this how CW is intended to work? 10+ premade groups stomping pug/solo players match after match? Those of us who watched the town hall we heard Russ talk about not wanting to split the ques...but honestly if large groups only dropped against large groups CW (and the public que too) would be much more enjoyable for everyone (and maybe CW participation when there isn't a major event might increase too...well once rewards are bumped up a little, as is it is still far more profitable to play regular games than it is CW). I know many of you will complain about wait times if your 12 man group has to wait for another 12 man (or 11 man wait for 11 man, or 10 man wait for 10 man, ext), but there is a simple solution for that...just re-que up as a smaller group. I know many of you who play regularly as part of large groups will be against this idea and just simply tell me to go find a 12 man of my own to join...but I am looking for a solution to make the game more enjoyable for more people and help our player population to grow, I don't want to be a part of the large group problem nor do I care to see MWO's population shrink any more than it has (for various reasons) and become a game that is practically unplayable unless you find a good large group to join and play with regularly.

#442 Postumus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:26 PM

What gets me is that I haven't dropped below a 160 match score yet, but I still only get 1 point per match, good game or bad. If you get a match score that is 2 or 3 times the qualifying, it should give you extra points.

#443 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:34 PM

well Im going to try to get as many points as i can Im mastering my new Black jacks so Ill keep grinding and Take the planet!!

Posted Image

#444 The Red Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:15 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 23 April 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

Embrace the WubShee.

Not one of PGI's false WubShees, but a true Lolpha WubShee.

Wubshee is love, wubshee is life. I've just walked up to Daishi's and Atlases and completely melted their faces off. It was glorious. GLORIOUS. *sexy voice* glorious.

#445 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:25 PM

View PostExoForce, on 25 April 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

There are only 63 virtual servers dedicated for CW?

That would seem a tiny number of CW servers relative to a global population of gamers.

#446 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:47 PM

View PostZolaz, on 25 April 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

lol ... yep you can tell how over quirked the IS is by how well the IS is doing vs Clan mechs. Even outnumbered 27 or 40 to 1 they still seem to be winning the event. Good Job PGI.

This.

I was thinking playing through this thing in organized drops would be a lot of fun, a lot of close games, and a great way to bump up through the CW ranks. I hate to join the whining, because I'm a firm believer in the "teamwork beats anything" line of thought. But...

After by sixth time piloting a Light at 100%, getting one-shotted by a 6SSRM Streakcow...

That isn't fun.

Getting run down in my max speed Medium by a Clan Heavy with the firepower of an Assault...

That isn't fun.

Watching my max armored Assault get one-shotted from across the map...

That isn't fun, either.

This is a fun game, but CW is a broken mess. I hope this event gets some good numbers for PGI on where to balance things. And no - quirks are not the answer.

#447 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:06 PM

I don't know what everybody is talking about. I find matches almost instantly.

Posted Image

I get 3 matches an hour.

Edited by Taffer, 25 April 2015 - 11:09 PM.

#448 Timondr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:22 PM

Innosphere go play for clans. There are take trial mech and don't want to win! Clans will be suck and will be lose battle!

#449 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 576 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:22 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 25 April 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:

After by sixth time piloting a Light at 100%, getting one-shotted by a 6SSRM Streakcow...
That isn't fun.

Imagine the fun we have shooting lights with that "hit detection" with lasers. We manage to kill those lights...after a while. After several Mechs shooting at the same light Mech. Piloting a StreakCrow myself I can tell you that I can hardly one shoot a 100% health light Mech. Almost always takes 2 salvoes. Lucky shots happen, though.

Getting run down in my max speed Medium by a Clan Heavy with the firepower of an Assault...
That isn't fun.

Getting run down by a Griffin with its large laser spam, no heat penalty in any Mech...that is not fun. Getting run down by an AC5 vomiting Dragon is not the definition of fun, either. Especially when hit boxes are..trolling you.

That isn't fun, either.

Video or it did not happen! Or did you exaggerate a little? Do you run an XL? Or carry tons of ammunition? Besides...getting almost one shot by a 6 LL Stalker is not fun, eighter.

So, where does this lead? Nowhere, except to the insight of better positioning is being required, a few adjustments to the Mech may be at hand and not running around alone.

BTW, Clanners I fought with half an hour ago: camping at your own base, waiting for the IS assault push, will not win any match for you. ;)

And no - quirks are not the answer.

Seyla! Reconsider some of those unholy IS-quirks!

#450 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:24 PM

We do, but not the IS.

That is why PGI attempted to move some over to Clan. Too many in IS queue.

And yet we're leading.

#451 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:25 PM

I'm a firm believer in the "teamwork beats anything" line of thought.

SRM's are short range, so don't hump a SRM boat. Stick with your team and you'll live longer.

It's an ignorant fallacy to assume all IS mechs need speed to live. Clan mechs don't suffer from this as they can't swap out engines or ES/FF. Better equip your mech for firepower and team play instead of hit and run and you'll live longer.

Watching someone run a max armored Assault out into the open without a team, either IS or Clan, is needing a lesson in how not to be seen.

This is a fun game, but CW is a broken mess. I hope this event gets some good numbers for PGI on where to balance things. And no - quirks are not the answer.

You are right, and with respect, you can't quirk people to be better team players, and that's where the issue lies. Clan tech from the get go forced people to play differently as a group. IS meta mentality is too worried about speed and run/gun when they could do just as well as clan if they fought and built mechs in the same manner.

#452 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:26 PM

View PostTaffer, on 25 April 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

I don't know what everybody is talking about. I find matches almost instantly.

Edit : Whoops...see my previous post

Edited by dragnier1, 25 April 2015 - 11:29 PM.

#453 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:32 PM

View PostAppogee, on 25 April 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

That would seem a tiny number of CW servers relative to a global population of gamers.

I think it'll be fine with steam, so long as they never EVER do an event like this again, and have the planets available to be attacked/defended dynamic so that if there is actually a large demand, there will be space to fight.

At this point the only way I'd consider playing in CW is if you let me pilot the dropship.

Edited by Asmosis, 25 April 2015 - 11:36 PM.

#454 Bergmeister

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOberösterreich

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:58 PM

ok, i really like this game, completed every challenge to 100% the last 6 - 8 months... this event really becomes the big joke. i do not want to mention the first few hours of groupsearching...
i use the LFG and it is hardly impossible to find people, again right now. in almost 2,5 hours i was able to play to matches. the last 25 minutes i got cancelled from the queue, 2 server disconnects and some minutes ago i got kicked again with "server under maintenance" ?.... how the hell a IS player (with a clan) should get the points? playing 24 hours a day? - as many other i have a real life and a job... and i should stop to read the forum entries...

Edited by Bergmeister, 25 April 2015 - 11:59 PM.

#455 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

PGI, this event is rubbish and i hope the next one is more sensible. The rewards are trivial compared to the effort we have to put in. Stop messing with the weapons/quirks and start focusing on getting players into a game and improving their overall experience. The waiting time is ridiculous and there are still bugs here and there. Know your priorities.

Edited by purplewasabi, 26 April 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#456 Ygmelor

Rookie

• The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:19 AM

Hi!
Can someone explain me how does the queue system works?

I could not play even a game for now because, the queue system always push me back to the end when I get cose to a game!! :unsure:

Please Fix this!

#457 Pz_DC

• Private
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:19 AM

30+ mins in queue to get stomped with 74 pts. Great event PGI.

P.S. CW as it is unplayble for IS PUGs. Absolutely.

#458 Mordynak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 374 posts
  • LocationThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:25 AM

CW is still an absolute mess.
The faction page UI, the LFG, the queue, the ingame HUD, the map layouts, as well as the map visuals. I'm sorry to be so negative, but its very hard to be positive about the way things are at the minute.

The queue screens are so poorly made that they need an explanation of how they work on the forums.
No UI should need that much explanation, least of all this far down the line.

#459 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

View PostMGA121285, on 26 April 2015 - 12:19 AM, said:

30+ mins in queue to get stomped with 74 pts. Great event PGI.

P.S. CW as it is unplayble for IS PUGs. Absolutely.

hmmm
maybe you should have played clan? idk...the only game i had below 80 pts was because i afk'ed, not remembering i was queueing for a match

Oh, and most of my games were losses (6 wins out of 23)

Edited by dragnier1, 26 April 2015 - 12:30 AM.

#460 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:40 AM

*cough* still in beta *cough*

Keep Calm
and
pew pew

11 user(s) are reading this topic