Battle Of Tukayyid Full Event Details!

711 replies to this topic

#541 Major Lag

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 27 April 2015 - 04:45 AM, said:

Goes to show that some solo-only players that have aversions to teamplay, coordination, thought, and basic tactics should not be playing in the team based side of the game without being part of the team.

I sincerely hope for you, that your wish will be granted soon. But then, CW would be dead in a month or so.

On second thought though, no, I don't want CW to die.

Edited by Major Lag, 27 April 2015 - 05:48 AM.

#542 Orion Starion

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSLC, Utah, USA, Terra

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:51 AM

So far it's been a mixed bag for me. Overall I've enjoyed the event thus far. My general thoughs on things below.

Running as a PUG is very frustraiting. Getting shifted back to the end of the line every time a 12 jumps in queue or someone drops out of your current queue is very annoying. It takes forever to get into an actual drop.

If you can find an LFG group, do it! 12 man is best but even running with 6+ it goes alot faster than as a PUG. Unfortunately, due to the fact that you can ONLY group with same faction in LFG means when you faction server population is low, or all already in teams, you won't find a group or be able to fill out a group without long wait times.

Getting into a 12 man LFG group (or 12 man team as well I would assume) means decently short wait times until the defend queue hits around 25+ groups waiting. However, the client seems to be very fragile. Way more than once we dumped back to group cause someone's client crashed or their status we inactive from the long wait or who knows what else. Many times we couldn't even figure out why we'd been dumped back to the LFG screen. And several times when that happened we had to cancel the group because it had turned into a reguar queue team or the leader became unable to do anything and the leader icon stopped showing.

Despite the queue frustratiions though, got in 23 games in around 12 hours of play. Alas, only got points in 9 of those games. Win/Loss was surprizingly even considered the random nature of most of my teams. CGBI was the most common 12 man I ran into, they wiped the floor with us in 4 matches. QQ & MS were also faced off with and those games were very much not fun but that was due mostly to the opposing players themselves rather than the game. CGBI and BMC in particular were very good opponents on the field but were not jerks about it. Kudos to you and thanks for some very exciting matches.

Of my 9 scoring matches, 6 were on wins and the others on losses. Not nearly as balanced as the overall win/loss. No idea why. The fact I'm a terrible pilot probably means it was mostly luck.

I'm hopeing I can make 20 points by the end of the tourney but I will likely only get another 6 hours of play at best. I will get my 10 though.

#543 Krellshand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:04 AM

View PostRisen, on 27 April 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

PGI coult at least put the "auto ready up after manual cancelling" back into place so when picking up another player or reinviting after disconnect etc. not everyone has to manually re-ready. And they could implement an app based alarm to warn you whenever you find a match. 1 minute seems fair enough time to reach the PC from the sunny spot in the garden or any place in the house doing useful things instead of waiting for a match to occur... And please give multiple points to scores over 80, maybe 1 for 80+ 2 for 170+ 3 for 260+ 4 for 350+ The wait times remind me of WoW Battleground PVP when they were still server restricted...Horde 45 minutes wait time, Alliance instant match...there at least you could actually do something while waiting though...

Dafür!

With that I would only have to play 2-3 games more to reach my goal of 40 points, and not 24 ....

#544 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

View PostDragonsyoung, on 27 April 2015 - 05:09 AM, said:

Iv been giving it my all from hour 0 and i have 20 points, even today it is taking me on avg an hour a game.

Claners get rewards, IS gets shafted.
thx for not swaping my contract.

Yes, this event is impossible to accomplish (the challenge rewards) due to the wait times we IS are facing. I've been getting far more than 80 points per match. But the problem is the waiting between games.

Also, this is not fun.
These kind of challenges should not be based on grind or time, but more on skill. Giving people with 200ish match score get the same point than a 80 score is unfair and demoralizing. I don't care if you are offering things for free - I am not complaining, I am pointing out my feeling on this and whatever you make of it it's your responsibility.

#545 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:19 AM

30 points after A LOT of time, might just make the mech...

So far all games have been wins. Great time for group drops, usually 5-10 minutes. Most matches have been really close and the communication in the Davion channel dropping with other groups has been great. Overall a good experience bar the epic grind for that mech :P

PUG drops on the other hand - the only games I have played as a pug have both been around 45 minutes, with constant push backs. I can empathize with the pugs on that to a degree...

Still think there is an issue with pug drops getting put against 12 man groups. That's my view at least. While sometimes they can get victories, mostly they are stomps.

#546 demoyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

View PostDragonsyoung, on 27 April 2015 - 05:09 AM, said:

Iv been giving it my all from hour 0 and i have 20 points, even today it is taking me on avg an hour a game.

Claners get rewards, IS gets shafted.
thx for not swaping my contract.

This is entirely your fault. The call was put out for Marik pilots to get in the Marik Teamspeak. Those of us in the Teamspeak have had absolutely zero issues getting our points.

#547 Nadezhda

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFukuoka, Japan

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:14 AM

What is Teamspeak? In social window I only see friends, units, alert, lfg

#548 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 26 April 2015 - 05:57 AM, said:

Seriously...you are still going to let them hide behind the "Beta" being slapped on there??

Yes. Cw is still in beta. There are a lot of issues but I feel it has come a long way since launch.

This is the first major CW event. There will be bugs in the system and PGI has its flaws. But with any project, good ideas in the planning stage don't always work out at execution.

Label me how you will. PGI seems to be listening to our constructive criticism. They extended the event allow us who have busy lives to earn more event rewards. They allowed a number of IS players to break contracts and go clan. There still are major issues but the true test IMHO will be the next major CW event.

View PostNadezhda, on 27 April 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

What is Teamspeak? In social window I only see friends, units, alert, lfg

Teamspeak is an outside voice chat program. A lot of units used it prior to MWO Voip and still do.

#549 Sabertooth1966

• PipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

I have enjoyed the event but will not be making the 50 points. I ran for 9 hours in 12 mans on Saturday. Got 11 matches so wait time was not extreme, the total time of 9 hours included ready ups and finding replacement players for the group. I did a little math based on this last night, only played for about 3 hours Sunday night, and to get to 50 points based on the 9 hours from Saturday it would take you a little under 41 hours to get the 50 points. That time frame assumes that all of your matches count. If you live in the U.S. that would be a standard work week with 1 hour of overtime. I work and am at work now taking a quick break, so the best I think I can get is 20 points.

#550 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:53 AM

I am playing for the clans, and ya it's like almost no wait times. But I've still been grinding it out even though I won't need the whole week to get the points. Mostly because of the huge IS queue. I figure the more CW I play the more chance that it'll help lower the IS wait times.

I'm not sure what PGI can do about this. There are just a lot more people playing IS than Clan.

And the fact is that many of the Clan people will finish the event sooner than the IS guys, and will also likely stop playing CW after that. And then the IS wait times are going to get even worse.

I'm not crazy about continuing on in CW this week after I've got the 50 points. But I probably will, so that the IS guys can get the points they need. I'm not sure how many other Clan people will do that without some kind of incentive.

PGI PLEASE NOTICE
Would you guys be opposed to PGI giving the Clan people some kind of "Clan only" incentive to keep playing CW this week?
Maybe greatly increase the Faction rewards for this week or something.
I know that there is the faction and unit rewards in this event, but for most people that will just mean competing for a "Most Valuable Faction" banner. Which may not be enough. I guess PGI can wait and see what happens, and then do something if the ratio of IS to Clan starts getting really crazy.

#551 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

IM NOT GIVING UP
the house of Liao is taking this planet!!!!

Posted Image

#552 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

I've had a couple of good matches, but because I don't really play THAT many hours I'll be aiming for participation banner. The IS side q seems to be consistently be some 20mins. This is definately not friendly to less diehard MWO players, like maybe too many events :(

#553 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

LoL...love that. But it should be a Ghost Bear flag. ;)

#554 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

View PostMGA121285, on 27 April 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

About rewerds. I dont get why its ranked that way, offer new order to achive it:
5 - Consumables
10 - G-exp (1000)
15 - 1st C-bill bonus (1 500 000)
20 - mech+mechaby
25 - G-exp (3000)
30 - 1st MC bonus (150)
35 - 2rd C-bill bonus (5 500 000)
45 - 2nd MC bonus (450)
50 - Banner.
And may extend it to
55 - 3rd C-bill bonus (10 000 000)
60 - 3rd MC bonus (1000)
70 - 1 mounth prem time

With your list, the mechs being offered cost more than the 5.5mil reward listed as a reward for a harder to achieve goal. PGI could have used a lesser mech....

#555 Weezzer

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 26 April 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

Hey, here's my question.

Why does the "Never Forget" banner have June 6, 3052 as a date?

The Battle of Tukayyid ended on May 20, 3052...nothing related to Tukayyid happened on June 6 in the Battletech/Mechwarrior lore that I know of...

June 6th:
Myndo Waterly assassinated. (Primus of ComStar)
Sharilar Mori named Primus of ComStar.
Chancellor Romano Liao assassinated.
Tsen Shang, head of House Liao's Maskirovka is assassinated along with his consort Romano Liao.
Sun-Tzu Liao named Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/3052

So no big Battle but big changes. ^^

Edited by Weezzer, 27 April 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#556 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

This even has been a monumental waste of time. My group switches from clan to IS every minute month. I and others only have IS mechs so we wound up searching at the last minute for new groups.

Pugging sucks with the constant bouncing in the queue.
LFG has been useless. You sit there wondering if anything is even happening. Nothing is seen.

All I think of is that I could earn far more c bills and get in far more play time by just pugging. The only thing more annoying than the inability to take part in this challenge are the egotistical butt-monkeys claiming how they are some sort of privledged class for being in a group. The hubris is astonishing. I am fairly certain PGI wants everyone's money.

#557 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

It's worth noting... The best way to find a group, is to have teamspeak, and go to your faction channel. They all have multiple dropships, and looking for group areas. And the people on TS would MUCH rather recruit someone who is on comms, than someone who is not.

I'm a Merc, in the employ of Steiner atm, so my channel ia ts1.housesteiner.com Doing a server search for your faction name should help you wind up in the right place.

#558 BlackCrusader

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSubotica, Serbia

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostBlackCrusader, on 26 April 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

I would like to say I am one of the people who was pro for extending the rewards. BUT...
50 points for CW is next to insane.

I easily get 1 point per match, that is not the issue.

The issue lies in how much time I need to spend in order to get to 40 points, let alone 50.

I'm not going to calculate this based on Pug drops, but rather full 12 man teams.

CW matches rarely last less than 20m, and that is called a steamroll when it happens.

So for calculations, we will take 25m as one match standard time.
In the group que, we are IS side. We are currently waiting 30th to 50th in the waiting que (maybe this fixes over the work days tho...)

The thing is, we see that there is also the waiting que for Clan side. (why is that btw? Is there a limited number of zones to drop?)

So our waiting time is between 15-30m (Yes, 30m because some teammates who were found in LFG quit midway... not much different than pug que...)

Also for reference's sake, I will be measuring as 15m wait time (yes, the minimum).

This means for the top tier reward, you must play (15m+25m) * 50 = 2000m = 33h and 20m of playtime.

Now lets calculate one persons week day:
24 of which You sleep 8-10h. (lets say 8 again) leaves You with 16h.
Fast breakfast - 15m
Lunch - 30m
Dinner - 15m
Total of 1h for food supply leaves You with 15h playtime.

NOTE: This is for those that do NOT work on weekdays like myslef, and DO NOT have to cook for themselves, aka Kids who go to school and students who came home for the weekend)

This means if You dedicate your FULL weekend to MWO, You still have 30h of playtime. Which is not enough to finish the event EVEN if You have PERFECT streak.

However, Kids and Students are able to finish it off from Monday to Thursday.

Now lets go to People who work and cook for themselves:
Fastest food I can make takes about 15-20m (pasta) for lunch. Other stuff I can microwave. So I will omit that from calculations and leave one week day of playable time to be 15h.

Saturday is a work day (IDK about Sundays in other countries). so that is -8h from 15h which leaves You with a total of 22h of weekend playtime...
Like I said before, it cannot be less possible, since it's impossible...

Now here people who work are left with 11h of playtime. Or 2h and 45m per day...
So it seemed possible, but since weekend has ended, I will say this:
I got almost perfect runs (2 games I did not achieve 80 points cause of exhaustion).
and I only managed to accumulate 10 points...
You cannot expect Your players to spend that much time in front of PCs. it is not healthy and it is sending a wrong message. Some people are actually going to pull this off ON THE COST OF THEIR HEALTH!

Otherwise I wouldn't be having any issues with event, but here You need to find a 12 man group in order not to get blow back to the end of que every time some pug leaves.

END WORD:
The events before were too easy. I agree we needed the stretch goals, but I did not think PGI will go on the other end. You need to balance this. There is a difference between Solo drops in public matches and organized 12 man drops in CW nonetheless.

I actualy want to add to this, I made a mistake. It turned out I did not fail to achieve 80 points in my drops... I must have read it wrong... (it's still 10 points over the weekend.)
P.S. Writing this from work... I work overtime today of all days :'(

#559 Major Lag

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:26 AM

So, if people still wonder were they can redeem their 'mech from this event:

Here:
https://mwomercs.com/tournaments
Scroll waaaay down below the faction results where your personal results start

Posted Image

#560 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:57 AM

Played Friday night 10pm-4am, Saturday 3pm-8pm 11pm-4am, Sunday 11am-11pm.
A good few hours of break between play sessions. Probably 1.5hr per session break wise. Lets call it 20hrs of game play this weekend. I have 25 event points, every game I played was a qualifying one 25 games. I might have 2 hours or so to drop tonight between end of work and beginning of meetings, maybe an 1.5 hours Tuesday for the same reason. Likely nothing Wednesday or Thursday. If I can manage 2 games an hour (unlikely) I might MIGHT be able to make the 30 event points.

I don't think I have a chance in hell to hit the 40 mark. So be it I suppose, the 'main goal' however should be attainable for most of the player base.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users