49 replies to this topic

#21 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:44 PM

Not enough players actually visit the CW forums. Perhaps a button in game to some guides would help.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 08 July 2015 - 11:45 PM.

#22 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:28 PM

View PostMoldur, on 08 July 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

edit: in the vain of presenting the info in this guide, I think I'll link this thread in my sig for the time being.

that is a great idea!

#23 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:45 PM

I decided to also update the faction rewards here, since it is nice to know information and sometimes hard to find.

#24 shadowwolf jerricho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 292 posts
  • LocationKHSA Coyote Remembered

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:33 AM

nice work. Thanks for this

#25 Celas Thienf

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for the guide!
I have not found anything about the purpose of community warfare. You are flipping planets for your house/clan and what you get?

Edited by Celas Thienf, 15 August 2015 - 06:55 AM.

#26 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:02 AM

View PostCelas Thienf, on 15 August 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

Thanks for the guide!
I have not found anything about the purpose of community warfare. You are flipping planets for your house/clan and what you get?

Moar planets and planets with your unit's tag on them, if you care about that sort of thing.

Not to be flippant, but this is a longstanding complaint from the community over CW. The planets need to mean something.

#27 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for the guide!

Good question. I do not cover that part of CW. There is not much there anyways. Its pretty much just go where you can get a game. Taking a planet for your unit doesn't have any perks besides bragging rights I guess. We are waiting for beta 3 to arrive which is supposed to add some depth in that department.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 15 August 2015 - 11:51 PM.

#28 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:01 PM

Great work Kin3ticX

#29 Aikamoinen

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

The problem with these guides is that they are far too much focused on meta of the CW. Good drop deck is not much use, if you don't know what your objectives are, where they are, and what they look like. I actually tried to google up some guides dealing with info on these and could find none.

Just a heads up from up and coming community warrior...

Edited by Aikamoinen, 21 August 2015 - 08:03 PM.

#30 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:08 PM

View PostAikamoinen, on 21 August 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

The problem with these guides is that they are far too much focused on meta of the CW. Good drop deck is not much use, if you don't know what your objectives are, where they are, and what they look like. I actually tried to google up some guides dealing with info on these and could find none.

Just a heads up from up and coming community warrior...

Some things are best done with trial and error. Drop decks do have lots of value. When I see LRM King Crabs and one of every weapon snowflake builds then for that player it becomes a low hanging fruit. Its also better to have the right mech rather than have to completely retool later and spend another 100 million trying. Trying to make a micro manage guide is not my thing, its more of a reference thing. Winning in the mechlab has always been a low hanging fruit to address with new players.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 22 August 2015 - 11:19 PM.

#31 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:23 AM

Thanks for the hard work. Hope Beta 3 gives us a reason to win planets and keep them beyond honour and pride.

#32 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:17 PM

too few players read this!
it must be looked at BEFORE your first CW match (except if you have a unit leader to guide you)
i would like to see some obligatory training/achievement in regular games to unlock CW
achievements in regular games that may show a player capable of CW:
10 assists
200 damage and die first
head shot during one of the first 5 kills
killing an enemy in a legged mech
legging 3 mechs in 1 game
winning a game with less than 20% health
hitting 3 enemies with 1 support strike

#33 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for the guide!

getting victory and honor for your house and if you dont care you need to first find a community to care for ;)

#34 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:01 PM

So yea came here to look up info on WTF I'm supposed to do in the factions tab (CW) I see information about mech setups and what the different factions are but I mean come on it's being called a guide yet it doesn't even declare the basics of what to do in CW for making it work. I guess I'm doing something wrong because I'm just sitting on a planet with a screen that says preparing for drop with me being the only one here and a clock ticking up.

Oh well so much for that Timber unlock. Grabbed my 75 normal matches along with my 25 bonus and no Timber. Only reason I was going into CW is for those grab bags also and can't even figure the thing out to play. :-(

#35 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:16 PM

View Postscgt1, on 02 November 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

So yea came here to look up info on WTF I'm supposed to do in the factions tab (CW) I see information about mech setups and what the different factions are but I mean come on it's being called a guide yet it doesn't even declare the basics of what to do in CW for making it work. I guess I'm doing something wrong because I'm just sitting on a planet with a screen that says preparing for drop with me being the only one here and a clock ticking up.

Oh well so much for that Timber unlock. Grabbed my 75 normal matches along with my 25 bonus and no Timber. Only reason I was going into CW is for those grab bags also and can't even figure the thing out to play. :-(

CW is sometimes poorly populated so it can be hard to get a match in those instances. Even though a planet has people on it, if it says 12/12 and you queue up solo, you are basically starting a new one alone. Players enter chunks of 12 so for example 24/24 and 36/36 means everyone is locked in a mission.

If you see a planet with 11/12, then you will get an insta drop. So long story short, you want to not only be on a planet with people but you want to be where you are not the odd man out.

Sometimes there is no good option and you have to get the queue started first and wait a while.

There is also the "Call to arms" feature but I have never used it. Its better to learn how to see where people are yourself.

You also want to stick with wolf-jade, frr-steiner as they tend to get you more games.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 03 November 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#36 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:22 PM

Clan dropdeck list format updated to match innersphere. Possibly going to have to repass it all on the 1st week of december

https://docs.google....d40d24684_438_5

#37 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:18 AM

Nice work on this, bookmarked so I can send the 'never tried this CW lark before, how do we do it' people here.

#38 The Big Dan Theory

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUberlândia, MG, Brazil

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostMoldur, on 08 July 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

Someone might want to consider a "crash course" guide that doesn't have long powerpoints with walls of text. No offence, this is a very good source. Very detailed, but maybe we could use something the regular mechwarrior player can read through when starting CW and know what mechs to build and stuff. I know there's a lot of info out there spread among many sites, but strangely there isn't anything consolidated on these forums.

I'll do that for you: INNERSPHERE pilots shall use thunderbolts 5S-T with mplas, 5SS with mplas or 9SE with lplas.
CLANS pilots shall use as many timberwolves, ebon jaguars or cheetahs as you can fit. Laser, ppc and gauss only. Do not waste tonnage in any other ballistics.

TALK WITH YOUR TEAM.
CALL TARGETS.
ALWAYS PRESS R.

There is your crash course.

#39 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

Will the Shadowhawk 5M replaced the 2H in the Dakka deck? Less maneuverable but can do 2 UAC5s with 6 tons ammo on a 250 std.

Edited by Elizander, 06 December 2015 - 04:52 PM.

#40 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:39 PM

View PostElizander, on 06 December 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

Will the Shadowhawk 5M replaced the 2H in the Dakka deck? Less maneuverable but can do 2 UAC5s with 6 tons ammo on a 250 std.

I had it as two dragon 1Ns and 2 DDs and figured the high mount 25% is better than the arm mount 30% on the DRG and the WVR-6R. Thats my reasoning for the 2H but im not against listing the 5M so I will add that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users