Pgi's One Chance At This Tukayyid Disaster

45 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you feel the same way I do? (129 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like some form of in game apology/event from PGI

1. Yes (26 votes [20.16%])

Percentage of vote: 20.16%

2. No (31 votes [24.03%])

Percentage of vote: 24.03%

3. Yes and if not I might leave MWO (12 votes [9.30%])

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

4. No. I actually enjoyed the event (60 votes [46.51%])

Percentage of vote: 46.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

This event has left a very foul taste in my mouth, As an IS pilot I am completley locked out of CW for the duration of this event. Its not just solos i dropped with a group of my clan mates and made a joke about how I was putting a movie on to watch while we wait (judge dread if you must know). I actually finished the movie before we got into a game!

That is ridiculous!

It doesnt Help PGI are not doing **** to fix it, or they are acting slower than molasses. Sure they came out with the thread of free switches to try and even out the clan playerbase but as of writing this Topic Most of those requesting a switch still show IS, and the thread only shows the people who were on Friday night since its locked now!

ANYWAY enough ranting plenty of people are pissed. The point of this topic is that unless the next event is an apology for this disaster, I don't care how, I am going to leave MWO. Something rewarding that actually respects peoples times and treats us as human beings not just money dispensers with nothing better to do with our time is the type of even that would count as an apology to me.

I love the game but I just cant stand the company behind it so I am creating a poll to see how other people feel out of my own curiousity

Edited by SirNotlag, 25 April 2015 - 11:31 AM.

#2 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:39 AM

No, there are plenty thing that I don't like but this event is not one of those.

#3 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostEvilCow, on 25 April 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

No, there are plenty thing that I don't like but this event is not one of those.

I added another poll option to try and cover all opinions,

#4 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

No option for No, explain.

No, maybe this will be the wake up call that they aren't ready to go to steam and repeat the same mistakes they did when they went live way early. Possibly, though unlikely, to light a flame under their a's to actually start working on the core mechanics and developing the game beyond one objective.

#5 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:55 AM

View Postsycocys, on 25 April 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

No option for No, explain.

No, maybe this will be the wake up call that they aren't ready to go to steam and repeat the same mistakes they did when they went live way early. Possibly, though unlikely, to light a flame under their a's to actually start working on the core mechanics and developing the game beyond one objective.

Naw meant no. Sry I just figured to write it in that way sounded less final. I changed it now.

Edited by SirNotlag, 25 April 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#6 DoctorZuber

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

Now, I admit, I get what you are complaining about. The instant I qued up for Tukayyid I saw the 30+ teams on the IS side qued up vs the 4 on the clan side. I get it. There are literally a thousand plus players stuck in a que, and with no way to bow out and do something else MWO related while you wait, that really really sucks.

But on the other side of things, it also created something glorious.

Suddenly, PUGs are facing off against other PUGs. That is a beautiful thing. People are fighting, learning, and most importantly, having fun. I am lucky in that I am playing clan currently, so I get to enjoy all of the good parts of this event without suffering the brutal que times.

I understand why you are angry.

But I also hope you understand that it is my genuine hope, that this open catch all que actually persists beyond Tukayyid as a fairer alternative than the PUG vs Premade que we have been forced to endure before now.

Edited by DoctorZuber, 25 April 2015 - 11:23 AM.

#7 Ragtag soldier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:20 PM

no. i just want PGI (And russ) to admit they completely ****** this up and explain what they're going to do to fix their terrible vision in regards to their own game.

#8 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:28 PM

They said CW is a Beta.

For the first time, I think that's a valid excuse.

Hopefully they will learn from this and implement a better system before they get on Steam.

As for an apology... no, I don't expect one, and I don't think they owe one, either. It's an event, it could be better, but we can still PUG if we want to.

PGI could earn some kudos if they give every participant a small gift (maybe a day of premium time) as a goodwill gesture for the acknowledged problems. But I'm certainly not expecting it, and nor do I think anyone "deserves" it.

#9 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostAppogee, on 25 April 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

They said CW is a Beta.

For the first time, I think that's a valid excuse.

Hopefully they will learn from this and implement a better system before they get on Steam.

As for an apology... no, I don't expect one, and I don't think they owe one, either. It's an event, it could be better, but we can still PUG if we want to.

PGI could earn some kudos if they give every participant a small gift (maybe a day of premium time) as a goodwill gesture for the acknowledged problems. But I'm certainly not expecting it, and nor do I think anyone "deserves" it.

Your right,
I'm just angry that story of watching judge dread while waiting for a match is true for me at least I'm not sure what others are experiencing, that is why I made the poll. Its made it so I cant CW for the duration of the event and its just like them going look at all these Goodies you could have if you were willing to put 100 man hours into our game this week. THAT is what rubs me the wrong way, cause its just a skinner box.

Good will is a better word than an apology as i just want the next event to not make MWO feel like a job by asking for a ridiculous amount of my time.

#10 DoctorZuber

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

I understand and sympathize with your anger. 30+ teams qued up for the IS side of CW has to be pretty brutal.

But I'm having way too much fun playing Clan CW PUGs to care about your pain just now. I doubt it was their intention, but PGI has inadvertently done something brilliant. They have leveled the playing field in CW. And I intend to enjoy it as much as possible while it lasts.

I do sincerely hope they learn something from the experience.

Edited by DoctorZuber, 25 April 2015 - 01:11 PM.

#11 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:19 PM

I don't care either way. I won't touch CW with a 40 meter long pole. The maps are just terrible.

#12 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostRampancyTW, on 25 April 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

This is officially the most whiny, entitled community I've ever had the misfortune of stumbling across. Congrats, people, you've officially beaten out the SC2 crowd.

same i agree whole heartedly

#13 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:42 PM

It's been a pretty good stress test.

Though, it is a bit annoying for folks.

This is the first time they've tried something like this and if you did not expect any problems then, you didn't look at things objectively (or, at least not enough).

They've already extended the event into this week and are trying to get folks swapped out of some contracts sans penalties to try and help with the queue balance.

I don't think they expected this many folks to be trying to fight at the same time, in all honesty. Personally, I think they should have planned for a x10 participation...but, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Take a breath, relax a bit.

#14 DoctorZuber

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:55 PM

It's educational for sure. I suspected that there were a lot more IS players than Clan. I hadn't realized it was quite that big of a player imbalance however.

For Clan this is a godsend however. Suddenly we find ourselves in the unprecedented position of actually getting a fair battle of PUG vs PUG. CW which I previously hated and feared because of the daunting imbalance of Premade vs PUG, suddenly become very very fun.

I really hope PGI learns something from this experience.

I'm not saying the single mega que is a perfect solution, and I do sympathize with the poor IS players and their no doubt brutal wait times, but the battles themselves are worlds apart from the experiences I had before.

It's a whole different game. And I for one, am loving it.

#15 DoctorZuber

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostStrykewolf, on 25 April 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

I don't think they expected this many folks to be trying to fight at the same time, in all honesty. Personally, I think they should have planned for a x10 participation...but, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

It never ceases to amaze me how totally clueless developers can be.

It was no secret that there were a lot of disheartened players out there who hated CW because of the harsh reality of PUG vs Premade. Anyone with half a brain has to realize that a single mega que is going to be a very different animal than the previous CW experience. Add on top of that one time event rewards and of course you're going to have a big turn out.

So no, this was no real surprise to me.

The only surprise to me really was just how far out of whack the population balance is. 10 to 1 IS vs Clan? seriously?

#16 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

My fingers are tired of typing what NEEDS to happen for this game to recover, and then to succeed. Read about my work elsewhere across this fine forum.

#17 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

No. I just want PGI to realize what's going wrong in addition to what went right, and to get right on top of fixing things.

Part of the problem is the plate of "things that need fixing" seems to just be growing larger and larger, because too much time is being spent on "new content".

#18 DoctorZuber

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:05 PM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 25 April 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

Disaster? Where?

They can hardly do something about people picking the wrong side besides allowing free faction swapping what they did.

Most stupid thread for the day.

With all due respect, I disagree.

The population imbalance is daunting, and should be no secret to anyone, least of all PGI who has all the data necessary to objectively analyze and verify everything. A simple sweep of the membership numbers in each faction would have been very telling. And if there was any doubt a further search of owned mechs would have painted an even clearer picture. All of which PGI easily could have, and should have done before launching an event like this.

Even being generous and considering the idea of last minute faction changes, really shouldn't have surprised anyone at all. After all, many players can't really change. Not a lot you can do on the other side if all that is waiting for you there is trial mechs.

Even as an outsider looking in. Even as a new guy. It doesn't take a genius to work out that there are going to be a lot more IS mechs out there than Clan. Mechs aren't cheap. IS mechs have been available for much much longer. So naturally, many more players own them. I can figure that much out. Why can't PGI ?

So no. I cannot lightly forgive them for being this blind to their player base. The endlessly long ques for IS players, should not have been a surprise to anyone.

I am a new guy around here. And even I saw this coming.

Why didn't PGI ?

Edited by DoctorZuber, 25 April 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#19 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:46 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 25 April 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

My fingers are tired of typing what NEEDS to happen for this game to recover, and then to succeed. Read about my work elsewhere across this fine forum.

Exactly same feelings there, maybe i am working since less time than you ( heard you are one of older user there with the friendlist autofocus bugg ^^ ) and my english is really weak but i feel the same pain in my fingers.

I voted no but the better appologie should be they take the right direction for once >>>> give more fun to theirs customers/followers even they are only poors noobs PUGs yea PGI.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 25 April 2015 - 10:50 PM.

#20 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:34 PM

I guess I'm just on an island with all of these things that I've been trying to get across. However, PGI said they were going to build four pillars for this game, and they said they were going to have this game as lore-based as possible. For the former, it was supposed to be 'Mech Warfare, Information Warfare, Role Warfare, and Community Warfare. The 'Mech Warfare is there, and it's a beautiful thing, as I feel they've captured the 'feel' of what playing the board game in an all-go-no-quit computer-based format should be, for the most part. The Information Warfare, INSIDE that simulator is fine, but it doesn't address the Information Warfare that was supposed to take place in the Community Warfare portion of the game. The Role Warfare aspect is all but non-existant; those 'Mechs possessing the equipment to play particular roles are doing that, but since the Pilot and Tech Trees are all the same, across the board, and have not been changed up, as they were supposed to beginning two years ago, the roles in this game mean nothing. PGI have been so busy adding quirks and doing EVERYTHING OUTSIDE LORE, while stubbornly holding onto Elo (limited at 2300 points), rather than switching over to Battle Value for MWO, and buckets to put those in for matchups (open-ended, the groups get to decide what point values to use), that they have now put themselves, and the game with them, in a corner. Finally, Community Warfare is taking place, but it is so devoid of anything but kill or be killed as to be laughable. Leagues were developed freely for previous games, and those leagues were doing the things that PGI should be doing now, twenty years ago.

Second, they said they were going to make the game as lore-based as possible, and it may have begun in development that way, but now it's little more than names and basic images. I listen to Russ say they want to do this or do that with the game, and some of it comes true, but most of it is the same poppycock we've been getting since October 2011.

For the longest time, after we were told the game was coming out, I was white knighting for PGI, and then I turned sour for a while on it, but in early 2014, after UI 2.0 came out, and with all the things they were doing, I was really getting positive for them, again. Then, when it became so very painfully obvious that the ONLY people PGI actually cares about are those who will give them insta-cash, namely the bloody twitchers, I basically went completely black.

I want a game that is better, more complete, than MPBT: 3025, has the features MechWarrior: Living Legends does, such as huge maps, actual game modes that are more than shoot one another to pieces, objective-based warfare and missions. I want to see AI, single-player missions, PvE and PvP missions and counter-missions, real BattleTech style contracts, interstellar movement sped up to something a little less ridiculous than one jump per week, strategic layout and execution of missions on worlds in accordance with the contract negotiated, pay to the unit from an employer for said contracts, and then the unit paying out to pilots for the missions executed.

EVERYTHING PGI is restricting right now is what should NOT be restricted, and MANY things they are NOT restricting, SHOULD BE. This game is backwards and upside down and, in all likelihood, I will continue to fight until the servers are done for, shut down, including this web site. However, today I got to say, "I told you so!" to PGI... and, today, I didn't want to.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users