Pgi's One Chance At This Tukayyid Disaster

45 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you feel the same way I do? (129 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like some form of in game apology/event from PGI

1. Yes (26 votes [20.16%])

Percentage of vote: 20.16%

2. No (31 votes [24.03%])

Percentage of vote: 24.03%

3. Yes and if not I might leave MWO (12 votes [9.30%])

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

4. No. I actually enjoyed the event (60 votes [46.51%])

Percentage of vote: 46.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

Well if its meant as an reward: every one ahould get it- especailly the poor random groups who where often not more than cannonfodder!

#42 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:05 PM

I clicked no, I actually enjoyed the event.

Why? Because I did, more then any CW before.
Of course that was after switching to clans. No wait times longer then 2 minutes, mostly under 30 seconds. No sense in trying to get a match with 20 groups waiting before you in IS.

BUT that got way less later on. In the first day the queue was always very long. Last 2 days IS was mostly single digit and sometimes only 4 or 5 groups.
Problem was that it was very differently distributed. The short queues were on european mornings and midday, the long on europ. evening.

Most important thing: I had fun in the matches. Except 2 there was always a form of teamwork. Of course not the trained art of units. But it worked well enough to be a force against other PUGs. Sometimes even Units were beaten by a good PUG group.

The only matches I did not enjoy were 4 very one sided because of bad PUG group (= less then 10%, better then in non-CW), or because the Units used a meta-build drop-rush tactic. You know, 1st wave light rush to soften them up, 2nd wave Assaults with more then half LLas stalker to kill and park on drop, 3rd wave dragons and thunderwupps. THAT was boring and quite unfair against PUGs. (Also the possible shooting of field base omega from positions where it is impossible to effectivly defend on 2 maps was very unfair. Maps need to change here.)

#43 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Kurita
  • Hero of Kurita
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:00 AM

As I expected, the clans generator rushed ftw. Why pgi designed the event to favor the clans is anyones guess. All they needed to do was change the order of games to: Defend, counter attack, attack or conversely attack, hold, defend.

#44 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:09 AM

I had no problems with the event. max 2 min wait time.

How ever I voted yes. I just like getting free stuff...

#45 Erasmos

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

Meh.

I chalk i up to "crap happens."

If everyone acts all butthurt and unreasonable when an experimental event doesn't go smoothly, then the devs will eventually get tired of dealing with the drama, (resulting in fewer experimental events, and less variety in the game.)

I say bravo for trying, better luck next time. I just didn't get to participate this time. I don't expect an apology from PGI any more than my 3-yr old would expect an apology from me, (when he expected a picnic, and got a rainy day.)

I lived.

Edited by Colonel Tonberry, 12 May 2015 - 08:25 PM.

#46 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

A single event, however badly perceived, should not be a deal-breaker. A continuously bad experience, with Tukayyid as the final straw, may be one. I hated the long queues, but understand the reasons for it. I only managed 5 drops! With the limited weekend playing time I can afford. Got my banner. That’s about the best I can do.

It could have been better planned. Especially since PGI should have known how many were already affiliated to which side.

I treat this as growing pains. They have held prior CW events for science. A single planet event was unprecedented. One’s game might have been affected for that weekend, but it is just one weekend. With the current trend of two events a month, I think it’s a fairly good balance. I do expect that the next massive CW battle to be much better planned and executed.

I respect the features that Kay Wolf mentioned. More modes of play, would definitely be helpful. However, I associate certain suggestions as being extreme hard core mode requiring a unit and all. If such features are introduced, I hope that there will still be enough “modes” for the lone wolf (casual player).

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users