- - - - -

Unable To Join Unit

3 replies to this topic

#1 thatandroidguy

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:21 AM

So i was trying to join a unit (for the same faction as i am atm), and got this error:

Posted Image

Now, the easy thing to do here would just be to cancel the contract i currently have, but would this actually leave me trapped in a 3 day cooldown? (and unable to join the unit because i can't take a contract?) or would joining the unit after canceling mine just assign me to their contract right off the bat?

Edited by thatandroidguy, 26 April 2015 - 02:36 AM.

#2 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts
  • LocationTamo daleko ...

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

View Postthatandroidguy, on 26 April 2015 - 02:21 AM, said:

So i was trying to join a unit (for the same faction as i am atm), and got this error:

Posted Image

Now, the easy thing to do here would just be to cancel the contract i currently have, but would this actually leave me trapped in a 3 day cooldown? (and unable to join the unit because i can't take a contract?) or would joining the unit after canceling mine just assign me to their contract right off the bat?

For who knows what reasons you will have to wait until the contract cooldown period passes,i had that same problem when i was switching units.Just one of many things in MWO that just doesnt seem to be very well fought through,sorry.

#3 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:45 AM

The error is actually pretty explanatory. Your current contract has a remaining duration longer than the contract of the unit you are trying to sign up with. This error makes sense. If this particular check were not made, it would then be possible to game the system to get out of contracts.

Let's say I had a one month contract that had three weeks remaining. That's a costly buyout. However, what I could do is join a unit that had one day remaining on it's contract, and then leave that unit as soon as the contract expired. Presto, I'm out of my one month contract for free, and in less than 24 hours.

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:26 AM

yes while that system is to prevent specific abuse, this message is confusing, it should at leats state the lenght of your contract and the unit ones.

or allow units to "extent" current contracts. because when the player has 29 days contract on a faction, and the unit 28 days on the SAME, this is a crappy situation. because the player would have to buy an expensive early cut, just to enter the unit on the SAME faction.

or the unit, because player invites may happen when both are online gets a message like:

the player you want to invide is contracted by the same faction, but his contract is 3d05h12s longer. Do you want to extend your currents unit contract time by that period? yes no

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users