I've Heard "shutdown Is Right Around The Corner" For The Past 1.5 Years...

95 replies to this topic

#41 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:40 PM

I stopped listening or caring about doom and gloomers when I saw posts from Vanilla WoW days where people were passionately claiming the game was doomed for failure shortly. 10 years and 5 expansions later the population is still in the millions.

#42 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

Mechwarrior forever!

#43 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 01 May 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

Just wait. These same SC fanboys? they were here for MWO in the beginning. And when it didnt turn out the way they imagined it, they cried promises were broken (which werent lol) and tried to torch it. But it didnt work. And guess what? they will do the exact same thing when SC comes out and its not what they magically hoped it would be. Chris roberts has his check, and will keep getting those checks. But theres no way SC could ever live up to these guys dreams. But the best part? They still come around MWO forums, talking trash, like that ex you broke up with who says they hate you but keeps coming up with reasons to talk to you...

That is a far to rosy view of the history of MWO. 2013 was a horrible year for MWO, and plenty of promises were broken, or "were positions at their time". Heck look in my sig, also go look at the launch party video of the CW presentation, when CW was going to be release in 1 qtr 2014, we have not even scratched the surface of what they had proposed CW was going to be like.

Things have been Much better since the start of 2014, better since IGP was completely out of the picture, but there has been plenty of thing to criticize in mwo's past and even now. The development pace is still Glacial, but at least they are being more communicate about what they are working on and giving realistic dates and updates when these features are going to be released. Besides Maps, what was the last substantial update to CW, we certainly could use some more/different game modes in the regular que.

Do I think this game is going to shut down, no I think it is fine, I agree with some people that they have not seem to grow how their business model to make money besides mech packs, they need micro transactions (Well something besides camo), do things to make Premium Time more desirable to people. I have bought every mech pack except the wave 1 clan pack, I am probably going to pass on this next one because I have a ton of mechs and a ton of cbills so I will just wait for them to come out for cbills. The longer people play this game the less desirable the mech packs will be unless there is a mech they are dying to have.

Edited by TKSax, 01 May 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#44 km1710

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 01 May 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

... And when it didnt turn out the way they imagined it, they cried promises were broken (which werent lol) ...

You are wrong. They were.

#45 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 01 May 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

Star Citizen is catnip to all the amateur gaming critics out there. Every jilted gamer who's ever been mad at a disappointing title or a noncommunicative studio and thinks it's his God-given mission to attack mediocrity in gaming, gets swept up by the silver tongue and sheer ambition of Chris Roberts.

Whether he'll actually be able to deliver on his dizzyingly high promises remains to be seen. For now, they've got a partially functional game and I congratulate them for that. But the fun of Star Citizen, at this point, still rests more with imagining than actually playing.

Yes. Chris Roberts The Uber Game Designer Messiah. Just like, John Romero, Derek Smart, Lord British (Garriot), Bill Roper, The Schaeffer Brothers, Brad McQuaid, David Bowman, Chris Sawyer, Chris Taylor, etc.. etc.. et al ad nauseum...

They are all waiting for Roberts to join the Pantheon of Designers whos Ego was bigger than their ability.

#46 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:12 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 May 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

Thank you for keeping our already super popular mega thread relevant forever, Heffay. You can't actually pay for marketing this good.

Marketing angst? man you need to hit up some high school kids! you could really show them how its done with that thread

#47 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 01 May 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

Marketing angst? man you need to hit up some high school kids! you could really show them how its done with that thread

It's a joke aimed at Heffay. He's gotten probated multiple times for advertising PGI and MWO on RSI.

#48 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostTKSax, on 01 May 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

That is a far to rosy view of the history of MWO. 2013 was a horrible year for MWO, and plenty of promises were broken, or "were positions at their time". Heck look in my sig, also go look at the launch party video of the CW presentation, when CW was going to be release in 1 qtr 2014, we have not even scratched the surface of what they had proposed CW was going to be like.

Things have been Much better since the start of 2014, better since IGP was completely out of the picture, but there has been plenty of thing to criticize in mwo's past and even now. The development pace is still Glacial, but at least they are being more communicate about what they are working on and giving realistic dates and updates when these features are going to be released. Besides Maps, what was the last substantial update to CW, we certainly could use some more/different game modes in the regular que.

Do I think this game is going to shut down, no I think it is fine, I agree with some people that they have not seem to grow how their business model to make money besides mech packs, they need micro transactions (Well something besides camo), do things to make Premium Time more desirable to people. I have bought every mech pack except the wave 1 clan pack, I am probably going to pass on this next one because I have a ton of mechs and a ton of cbills so I will just wait for them to come out for cbills. The longer people play this game the less desirable the mech packs will be unless there is a mech they are dying to have.

that is not view friend. those are the facts. now you can say that you were unhappy but that does not mean that the people who flip the f*** out we're right

#49 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 01 May 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

that is not view friend. those are the facts. now you can say that you were unhappy but that does not mean that the people who flip the f*** out we're right

Ah, I see. Hey, man, remember transverse? Remember the intial outright P2W consumables? Remember third person gate? Do you remember being on an island? Remember 6 months of paywalled P2W clan robots, that were only nerfed when they released for c-bills? Remember the outlandish goldmechs, that got even Forbes to comment on the spectacle? Remember when they deleted GD because there were negative posts? Remember the launch party? Remember 60 to 90 days? Remember 2 weeks? Remember NGNG being paid shills? I could go on.

Do you remember The Forbidden One? We can't say his name. That's how much of a disaster he was.

Edited by Vassago Rain, 01 May 2015 - 01:23 PM.

#50 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 May 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

It's a joke aimed at Heffay. He's gotten probated multiple times for advertising PGI and MWO on RSI.

And you of course must slap him down vigilante style! I see.

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 May 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

Ah, I see. Hey, man, remember transverse?

Yup. What about it? Oh, is that something they wronged you with?

View Postkm1710, on 01 May 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

You are wrong. They were.

No they werent. People just assumed things like "we want to have cw up in 90 days from launch" as a promise for some reason

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 May 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

Ah, I see. Hey, man, remember transverse? Remember the intial outright P2W consumables? Remember third person gate? Do you remember being on an island? Remember 6 months of paywalled P2W clan robots, that were only nerfed when they released for c-bills? Remember the outlandish goldmechs, that got even Forbes to comment on the spectacle? Remember when they deleted GD because there were negative posts? Remember the launch party? Remember 60 to 90 days? Remember 2 weeks? Remember NGNG being paid shills? I could go on.

Do you remember The Forbidden One? We can't say his name. That's how much of a disaster he was.

Lol, things they listened to the community about, things they wantes to do but it didnt work out...
Dude can you show us on the doll where pgi got you?
You read WAY too much into things if you think any promises were broken except third person and not being forced to play with people using it. Which doesn't matter cuz they made it suck so with fun and the only people who are butt hurt about it are people who need a reason. you make me laugh so much :-)

#51 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 01 May 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

And you of course must slap him down vigilante style! I see.

Yup. What about it? Oh, is that something they wronged you with?

No they werent. People just assumed things like "we want to have cw up in 90 days from launch" as a promise for some reason

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:30 PM

Oh p2w clans nope dont remember that... mechs getting changed oh yeah thats in the tos...

Keep trying vass :)

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 May 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Posted Image

Im not seeing the word promise anywhere...

Posted Image

#53 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:35 PM

But there's more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I could go on, really, but I don't have to. For people who want a more in-depth look at MWO, PGI, and its development over the years, you can consult the huge starcitizen MWO thread, or listen to the Kongkast.

Edited by Vassago Rain, 01 May 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#54 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 May 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

But there's more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I could go on, really, but I don't have to.

again the word promise where is it? because if they didn't say they promised they didn't promise

estimate details these sorts of words. very important. and none of the mean promise

#55 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:39 PM

Well the good thing about Heffay Posting links to that thread is that when this game does have it's plug pulled the White Knights can join us Islanders to Vent over there ;)...Don't be shy when that happens....Buck up little Campers

#56 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

So if I sell you a car for 2,600 bucks but never use the word "promise" in the transaction I can just take your money and run?

#57 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 01 May 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

again the word promise where is it? because if they didn't say they promised they didn't promise

estimate details these sorts of words. very important. and none of the mean promise

Yes, it's true. After all, it was only their position at the time that they were gonna do X. No one ever used the word 'promise,' which means that such things are okay, and should be expected.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Vassago Rain, 01 May 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#58 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 May 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

Yes, it's true. After all, it was only their position at the time that they were gonna do X. No one ever used the word 'promise,' which means that such things are okay, and should be expected.

Posted Image

Posted Image
its okay vas I know I proved my point now you're going to change it. But you were wrong I'm right. They didn't promise and you can't prove they did because they didn't. you're going to be upset no matter what logic facts or reason happens to be brought to your attention. this is what I like to call a victim complex. I honestly feel bad for you that you take these things the way you do. I just cannot imagine living life that way.

#59 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

Wow Vassago, do you keep this stuff lying around for posts like this? Let it go laddie, let it go.

#60 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:46 PM

I'll give you an example. I own a business. Sometimes I tell my customers I can do something, but then circumstances change and I can't meet that original goal. it is unfortunate but it happens. all you can do with that. Is try to make it up to your customers. some of them won't be happy no matter what because they don't understand but sometimes things just don't work out. and that's their prerogative. and I'm okay with that. because to be perfectly honest I don't want any customers who can't be bothered to understand that s*** happens

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users