I've Heard "shutdown Is Right Around The Corner" For The Past 1.5 Years...

95 replies to this topic

#61 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 01 May 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

its okay vas I know I proved my point now you're going to change it. But you were wrong I'm right. They didn't promise and you can't prove they did because they didn't. you're going to be upset no matter what logic facts or reason happens to be brought to your attention. this is what I like to call a victim complex. I honestly feel bad for you that you take these things the way you do. I just cannot imagine living life that way.

A ridiculously deflated comeback for a ridiculous thread.

The battle, if you can call it that, was won during transverse. I don't like to think of it as a 'battle,' but karma. MWO is limping along, despite Russ saying in a townhall at the time that this game was no longer their financial future. They had to branch out to keep the company viable.

Just, you know, think about that for a second. I have no stake in this anymore. In fact, I take long posting vacations, because there's not a lot to talk about anymore, but sometimes, I like to come back to remind people of what really happened back then.

It's always a laugh when that happens, isn't it?

Fact is, PGI said and did all of these things. You can deny history, but no one's gonna believe you when it's there for all and everyone to see with their own two eyes.

Edited by Vassago Rain, 01 May 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#62 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 01 May 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

I'll give you an example. I own a business. Sometimes I tell my customers I can do something, but then circumstances change and I can't meet that original goal. it is unfortunate but it happens. all you can do with that. Is try to make it up to your customers. some of them won't be happy no matter what because they don't understand but sometimes things just don't work out. and that's their prerogative. and I'm okay with that. because to be perfectly honest I don't want any customers who can't be bothered to understand that s*** happens

I run a business too. If I tell someone somethign will be ready next monday and it is in fact not ready until Tuesday I may likely lose that customer forever, or at least in the short term.

I cannot imagine what my reputation would be like if I missed a deadline by 1.5-2 years.

#63 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

So I see some of you arguing, but to what and where does one gain anything, and at what extreme...?

That's all I'm asking.

#64 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 May 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

Ah, I see. Hey, man, remember transverse? Remember the intial outright P2W consumables? Remember third person gate? Do you remember being on an island? Remember 6 months of paywalled P2W clan robots, that were only nerfed when they released for c-bills? Remember the outlandish goldmechs, that got even Forbes to comment on the spectacle? Remember when they deleted GD because there were negative posts? Remember the launch party? Remember 60 to 90 days? Remember 2 weeks? Remember NGNG being paid shills? I could go on.

Nobody cares anymore.

#65 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 01 May 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

Nobody cares anymore.

Then why do you guys get so defensive when history's brought up?

#66 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 01 May 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

I cannot imagine what my reputation would be like if I missed a deadline by 1.5-2 years.

Lockheed Martin? Boeing? Microsoft?

#67 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:54 PM

I know some of you may find it a right to argue, but really, all we see is a win over one person, but then we may see the same argument, over and over again, be presented, be it politely, rude, aggressively or passively, I've seen it a lot, makes me wonder, is it for you or our well being?

#68 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 May 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

A ridiculously deflated comeback for a ridiculous thread.

The battle, if you can call it that, was won during transverse. I don't like to think of it as a 'battle,' but karma. MWO is limping along, despite Russ saying in a townhall at the time that this game was no longer their financial future. They had to branch out to keep the company viable.

Just, you know, think about that for a second. I have no stake in this anymore. In fact, I take long posting vacations, because there's not a lot to talk about anymore, but sometimes, I like to come back to remind people of what really happened back then.

It's always a laugh when that happens, isn't it?

Fact is, PGI said and did all of these things. You can deny history, but no one's gonna believe you when it's there for all and everyone to see with their own two eyes.

oh yes you cannot refute my arguments so you must attempt to mock and ridicule. no need to listen to you further good day

#69 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

Mechwarrior will continue so long as people are willing to pay for mechs instead of grinding the Cbills for them.

#70 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostStoned Prophet, on 01 May 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

oh yes you cannot refute my arguments so you must attempt to mock and ridicule. no need to listen to you further good day

Really? Is that how you see it?

I see it more like you made some awfully poor statements that history refutes, so I posted history for you.

Let the people reading judge things based on that history. This is what I meant when I said have no stake in this anymore.

I'm merely an MWO recordkeeper.

Edited by Vassago Rain, 01 May 2015 - 02:00 PM.

#71 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 May 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Then why do you guys get so defensive when history's brought up?

Because it's just that. History.

#72 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

back to the original topic: some people are so invested in being wronged that they can bare that someone doesn't agree with them let alone be able to prove them wrong. You see how people react to THAT lol

#73 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

View PostStoned Prophet, on 01 May 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

Stop

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 May 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Really? Is that how you see it?

I see it more like you made some awfully poor statements that history refutes, so I posted history for you.

Let the people reading judge things based on that history.

Stop

You're both done, so saddle up and go home, trolls would luv to see you go to k-town, I personally don't.

#74 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 01 May 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

I run a business too. If I tell someone somethign will be ready next monday and it is in fact not ready until Tuesday I may likely lose that customer forever, or at least in the short term.

so if something happened that was out of your control like I don't know one of your suppliers miss the shipment or there was a power outage something like that? and this something is fairly vague. is it a cheeseburger? or reconditioning a rusted out old mercury? because there are two very different things we're talking about here.if your customer can't handle the fact that you didn't get the part when you expected it (ehich is basically what happens when the code doesnt work out they way you thought it would) then that customer is an ass and I wouldn't want to do business with them.

#75 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

As to the OP, sorry, it's just how they talk, I'd rather keep the boat alive and have food, then have a boat with no food.

I Tried getting upset, it's just how it is, so I gave up, and headed back to home (public queing, the actually game/client I get into)

#76 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

MWO is like my mother in law: Really damn old and still wont die.

Fortunately people are not bound by law to play MWO so if they don't want to there is nothing stopping them from going elsewhere.

(Unfortunately I AM bound by law to my mother-in-law....)

#77 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 01 May 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

Stop

Stop

You're both done, so saddle up and go home, trolls would luv to see you go to k-town, I personally don't.

Uh... i said i was done... but thanks for reinforcing that?

#78 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:06 PM

I just started playing this and it's easily equal if not better than World of Tanks.

#79 Asrrin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 200 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:07 PM

Wow Vassago, I am at a loss for words just how effing bitter you are. I understand that the game had a rough start, things got delayed and changed and things didn't turn out exactly like you and others wanted them. But that was almost 4 years ago. Move on pal. PGI dropped IGP like a bad habit and have been working nonstop for almost a year now trying to mend the mistakes of the past. It's never going to live up to this perfect ideal that you've placed on a pedestal, but it's a damn fun game and I'd rather be playing it then to have nothing at all.

#80 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:08 PM

long story short MWO isn't going to die anytime soon. anyone who thinks so doesn't understand reality. and I'm happy because I love the crap out of this game. It has flaws to be sure but it's still my number one game. all told $1000 into this game and I don't regret a single penny of it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users