293 replies to this topic

#21 Star Colonel Silver Surat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 01 May 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

Look at how high the clan trial mechs are. Lots of people who don't have a full dropdeck. (Or any clan mechs). The ice ferret prime has the worst CT, so pretty much all of them would have been trials.

Yeah it's no wonder the Clan PUG groups I dropped with solo were markedly inferior to the I.S. solo groups.

#22 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

One third of the participants quit after getting 5 points or less. They must've been really frustrated. :P

#23 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:08 PM

Can we see the percentage of wins compared to losses for each faction? Also a breakdown of where each unit placed on their faction's leaderboard?

Edited by TheSilken, 01 May 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#24 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 01 May 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

Look at how high the clan trial mechs are. Lots of people who don't have a full dropdeck. (Or any clan mechs). The ice ferret prime has the worst CT, so pretty much all of them would have been trials.

Those stats are only tracking CT usage . . . not Omni-pods. I'm sure if every individual Omni-pod was tracked the stats by variant would look a bit different.

Besides, just because you may feel one variant is worse than another doesn't mean that someone else out there doesn't feel it's perfectly functional for their build. Also, looking at the statistics, Ice Ferrets were used as filler mechs, not because someone was making that the bread-and-butter of their drop deck.

#25 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

View PostKael 17, on 01 May 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

Did some additional number crunching

334558 Total Matches
X 24 Players per match
8029392 Total number of Player-Matches
/ 17226 Total players
466.12 Average number of matches per player

Can someone point out where I got my math wrong because this seems ridiculous.

Maybe they included the number of people in the number of matches? Because 466.12 / 12 = 38.84 matches per person

#26 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:15 PM

@Tina Benoit: Could we get the numbers for how many 10- and 12-man groups participated on either side? I would guess this has a big impact on what side won.

Can we also see some win/lose statistics for the different maps, please?

Anyway, my thoughts:
  • A lot of people complained about 50 points for the biggest prize, but almost 2000 people played to 50 points and almost 3000 played to 40 points. With numbers like these, I can see why PGI keeps raising the bar. Some people really, really play a lot.
  • I really hope we can nerf the Tier 1 mechs now and stop the power creep.
  • Mad Dog is surprisingly popular. Partially a product of the 240 drop limit, of course. But still.
  • Resistance pack mechs aren't very popular, are they?
  • On average, if a player did 1000 dmg in a match, he also did 22 dmg to friendly targets. That's not that much, really.

View PostSetun, on 01 May 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

Interesting that more clan mechs got destroyed and overall did less damage than Inner Sphere.

This is at least partially due to Clan invading. The attackers generally have a tougher time than the defenders. And of course, it's also a matter of who won most battles, which is at least partially a result of how many active 10 and 12-man teams there were on both sides.

#27 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostSetun, on 01 May 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

Interesting that more clan mechs got destroyed and overall did less damage than Inner Sphere. Also lol at all the meta mechs that got tons of representation like Stalkers, Thunderbolts, Firestarters, Hellbringers, Timber Wolves, and Stormcrows. Looks like people are big fans of cheese.

I do like seeing stats like these, but it seems some of the numbers are off. Example being:
Total players: 17,226
  • Total IS Players: 10346
  • Total Clan Players: 7312
That should be 17,658 total players then.

Otherwise neat-o stuff!

players who changed sides might be counted twice perhaps. did notice some clan mechs were counted twice might be package primes and primes bout separately seems unnecessary tho.

#28 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:23 PM

Also, clans scored less damage because they sometimes only generator rushed. The IS could not generator rush because they never got attack mode. That nerf unbalanced the event.

Edited by MechregSurn, 01 May 2015 - 05:28 PM.

#29 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:26 PM

That's a lot of numbers.

Poor vindicator is the least played robot in all of CW. There were more urbanmechs brought than vindis.

#30 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 01 May 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

This is at least partially due to Clan invading. The attackers generally have a tougher time than the defenders. And of course, it's also a matter of who won most battles, which is at least partially a result of how many active 10 and 12-man teams there were on both sides.

I'd like to see match lengths. Number of invasions that lasted less than 5 minutes and 10 minutes in particular. Basically interested in gen rushing statistics. Clan pilots shoot gens, IS pilots shoot clan mechs, clans lose more mechs, clans still get win. The numbers make sense to me.

I'd argue that attackers have it easier than defenders. On invasion they only need to get omega down, and this was the primary line of thought I saw among clan opposition. On the other hand the attackers get to defend on counterattack, where the defending forces of a planet have to outfight the attackers and take down omega....

Edited by Divine Retribution, 01 May 2015 - 05:35 PM.

#31 dalemming

• PipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:33 PM

View PostKael 17, on 01 May 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

Did some additional number crunching

334558 Total Matches
X 24 Players per match
8029392 Total number of Player-Matches
/ 17226 Total players
466.12 Average number of matches per player

Can someone point out where I got my math wrong because this seems ridiculous.

(8029392/24) /17226 = Median ~19.4

Edited by deLemming, 01 May 2015 - 05:35 PM.

#32 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:33 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 May 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

That's a lot of numbers.

Poor vindicator is the least played robot in all of CW. There were more urbanmechs brought than vindis.

I thought there was this guy (fortunately not Bishop Steiner) claiming that the Vindicator can compete in CW with those "mega useful PPC quirks". It's I believe it may the same guy claiming that King Crab competes with the Dire Wolf.

So... yay balance!

Edited by Deathlike, 01 May 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#33 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:38 PM

View PostDivine Retribution, on 01 May 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

I'd argue that attackers have it easier than defenders. On invasion they only need to get omega down, and this was the primary line of thought I saw among clan opposition. On the other hand the attackers get to defend on counterattack, where the defending forces of a planet have to outfight the attackers and take down omega....

When you focus on Omega, you may get the victory, but you will also get less kills and do less damage. Because you're shooting turrets and generators, not mechs.

#34 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

View PostDivine Retribution, on 01 May 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

Attackers have it easier generally speaking.

1) Invasion mode only requires taking down Omega. Unless you are going to farm for the 80 points (or kill everyone), generator rushing works... but it's different for Clans/IS (Clans rush in Waves with similar speed mechs, IS tends to go with Lights).

2) The Invading Faction (in this case, the Clans) gets control in certain matches... tying players/units up in a Counter Attack (even if it is wasting time for the group that they are in). Still, this is time not spent queuing up and/or finding replacements for the next match. This is independent of Clan or IS.

3) Just being on defense requires a bit more resources (well for the event, by design) as you are going to require people to spend the full time to fend off the attackers. While finding the # of players on the IS side for the event was not a problem, the Clans got the matches when they drop... with a far shorter line (likely spending less time in the queue compared to the IS by at least 2 to 5 minutes on average saved).

Anyways, it requires more effort on the Defenders, regardless of faction, but also on the mere fact that the player-IS-Clan imbalance exists (not talking about balance, but rather the distribution of players among the IS/Clan - especially when this is affected by the IS-Clan jumping that occurred).

I've played enough CW matches to be familiar with this... on both sides.

Edited by Deathlike, 01 May 2015 - 05:52 PM.

#35 Kiriesani

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 67 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA, Illinois

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

Total matches: 334,558

Sum ting wong.

Someone added a 3.

Edited by Kiriesani, 01 May 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#36 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

View PostFuggles, on 01 May 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

not sure why champions are being counted separately from their base variant, makes things confusing.

im somewhat appalled at the FF damage!

FF damage divided by number of matches played = FF per match... then divide by 24 for FF per player.

FF per player = 1.04 damage/match

#37 Kiriesani

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 67 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA, Illinois

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 01 May 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

@Tina Benoit: Could we get the numbers for how many 10- and 12-man groups participated on either side? I would guess this has a big impact on what side won.

Can we also see some win/lose statistics for the different maps, please?

Anyway, my thoughts:
  • A lot of people complained about 50 points for the biggest prize, but almost 2000 people played to 50 points and almost 3000 played to 40 points. With numbers like these, I can see why PGI keeps raising the bar. Some people really, really play a lot.
  • I really hope we can nerf the Tier 1 mechs now and stop the power creep.
  • Mad Dog is surprisingly popular. Partially a product of the 240 drop limit, of course. But still.
  • Resistance pack mechs aren't very popular, are they?
  • On average, if a player did 1000 dmg in a match, he also did 22 dmg to friendly targets. That's not that much, really.

A lot of us in KFC actually went far above 50.

#38 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

hm so 334,558/17226 = ~19 matches per player.

274551 total match points earned/17226 = 16 average points per player. Teams would default to ~98%, so taking that into account about 12-13/19 = pug success rate for gaining points. That's assuming at least 2/3's of units were not in 12-man teams.

So much for it being trivial to get 80 points eh? actual statistic would be nice though.

Edited by Asmosis, 01 May 2015 - 06:01 PM.

#39 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

I'd still like to see if it's possible to know the average Elo per side. I.e., did clans on average have a higher Elo? If so, by how much?

#40 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 01 May 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

When you focus on Omega, you may get the victory, but you will also get less kills and do less damage. Because you're shooting turrets and generators, not mechs.

View PostDeathlike, on 01 May 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

Attackers have it easier generally speaking.

1) Invasion mode only requires taking down Omega. Unless you are going to farm for the 80 points (or kill everyone), generator rushing works... but it's different for Clans/IS (Clans rush in Waves with similar speed mechs, IS tends to go with Lights).

2) The Invading Faction (in this case, the Clans) gets control in certain matches... tying players/units up in a Counter Attack (even if it is wasting time for the group that they are in). Still, this is time not spent queuing up and/or finding replacements for the next match. This is independent of Clan or IS.

3) Just being on defense requires a bit more resources (well for the event, by design) as you are going to require people to spend the full time to fend off the attackers. While finding the # of players on the IS side for the event was not a problem, the Clans got the matches when they drop... with a far shorter line (likely spending less time in the queue compared to the IS by at least 2 to 5 minutes on average saved).

Anyways, it requires more effort on the Defenders, regardless of faction, but also on the mere fact that the player-IS-Clan imbalance exists (not talking about balance, but rather the distribution of players among the IS/Clan - especially when this is affected by the IS-Clan jumping that occurred).

I've played enough CW matches to be familiar with this... on both sides.

Exactly. I thought I wrote something similar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users