• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPaderborn, Germany

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

View PostLamblaska, on 03 May 2015 - 06:52 AM, said:

This is anti-game...

Why is a Damage-Counter Cockpit Item Antigame?

#302 Rik Lemming

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

An "antique" radio that plays a streaming radio station of the players' choice.

#303 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

• A model of the 'mech the model is in, complete with paintjob (so you can enjoy your own paintjob without the third person drone or staying in the 'Mechlab forever).
  • A stack of C-bills.
  • A model of a 'mech as displayed in one of the previous Mechwarrior titles (especially the first game from back in 1991).
  • A Crescent Hawk logo on banner/holostand/standing-banner/hanging chain.
  • A holdout flechette pistol.
  • Different legs options (different pants colors, different pants styles, shorts, changes of boots/shoes, sidearms strapped to legs, male/female legs for shorts and other lighter pants).
  • Mechwarrior-type lucky charms- the bullet that once hit the cockpit but didn't kill, a lucky stuffed alien animal, etc.
  • A reminder from a technician to stop letting them shoot the _______, it's expensive to replace (choice of component).
  • A standing heat gauge, possibly using water that boils over during overheat.
  • A portrait-style picture of the head of a House or Khan of a clan- or the head of a famous Mercenary unit- that changes to the appropriate person depending on pilot alignment (or just one of each head of House, Khan, and/or major Merc unit).
  • A novelty giant mug of mysterious drink.
  • A pale red 'heat ghost' that howls quietly every time ghost heat is triggered.
  • An odometer that records meters moved during the match, resets when the 'mech drops or starts a new match.
  • A model of the original design of each 'mech that has been redesigned for MWO.
  • A chunk of battle-scored armor plating.
  • A crowbar.
  • A towel (possibly embroidered with a '42' in the corner).
  • A model Kit Fox with googly eyes and the words 'Cute Fox' on the base (must also be in fox colors, such as orange and white).
  • A model IV-Four in garish colors wearing a brightly multicolored poncho and a ten-gallon hat with the phrase 'The Ugly' on the base.
  • A Lego™ (or non-identified interlinkable building block) Awesome. Bonus points if it has a construction worker outfit painted on.
  • A blue Stormcrow model with the phrase 'Strictly Better' on the base.
  • A model Timberwolf/Mad Cat and Mad Dog/Vulture on the same base with the phrase 'Mad As Hell' on the base.
  • A model Boar's Head wearing a pig mask.
  • A model Mist Lynx wearing a green tunic and cap and holding a sword and shield with the onomatopoeia 'Hyaaaat!' on the base.
  • A standing photo of a Battletech tabletop miniature on a hexmap whose frame reads 'Honor Thy Ancestor'.
  • A hanging model of a Highlander jumping down.
  • A spinning hologram of an Urbanmech torso alternating with the phrase 'I Do What I Want'.
  • An animated model of an Atlas stomping in place, with the phrase 'Stompy Robuts' on the base

#304 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:18 AM

An environmental monitor. Something that reflects cockpit temperature and has warning lights/flashes/beeps when your Mech is running hot. Also with some faux oxygen readings to fluff it out some.

#305 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

Parts from a dismantled ejection button.

#306 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:41 AM

Guys... we don't need cockpit items, we have plenty of those.

What I want to see are insignia. Wouldn't it be WAY WAY WAY cooler to have the insignia of your favourite faction pasted right on the kneecap or the shoulder of your mech? We should be able to purchase insignia for any of the existing factions, as well as generic insignia (i.e. spades, hearts, Camoran Star, Clanner Star, greek letters, National flags, skull, generic mercenary insignia, etc. etc. etc). We should also get the option to have an insignia displaying our current rank with current affiliated faction (just like the title option). Each faction has their own unique template for rank insignia, and PGI could either use that or just come up with a streamlined version (one for IS and one for Clan).

This would be INFINITELY COOLER than new useless cockpit items because everyone in the match can see them! Not just you and dead players on your team... I mean come on guys! I don't even want to go there but EVEN MECHWARRIOR TACTICS had this figured out! Why do we need more generic copies of cockpit items that block/distract your cockpit view? I'm perfectly content already with the option of being able to hang insignia and dog tags in my cockpit. It is time PGI further developed EXTERNAL mech cosmetics. Am I right or am I RIGHT?!?

Also, I guarantee 500% that PGI would make MORE MONEY developing external insignia for mechs to be purchased with MC. I mean seriously, what would you guys rather pay money for: a faction insignia on your mech, or a new cup-holder? Do you guys seriously want another dream-catcher, or wouldn't you rather have an insignia visually displaying your rank for all to behold?

External insignia are a no-brainer! Please make!

Edited by Repasy, 03 May 2015 - 10:51 AM.

#307 Tkarras

Rookie

• Nova Commander
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

I have 3 ideas...

1: Cicadawarhorn
2: The old heat vision
3: I know this is not a cockpit item but I really want your house/clan sticker in the mech.

#308 Sean Ward

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:14 AM

Probably already been suggested but:
- A (working) (vintage) radio
- A fusion engine that glows and all (heat sensitive would be a cool added bonus)
- Blueprints of the mechs (a la the old fasa ones)
- 3D holo blueprints of mechs or weapons
- busts of house/clan leaders
- radio equalizer with radio
- equalizer for voice coms
- pinup poster of bitchin betty

#309 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

- A working compass.

#310 StarShot40k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 290 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:33 PM

Super cute Furby!

Posted Image

#311 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostHeadshot40k, on 03 May 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

Super cute Furby!

Posted Image

Does it dance every time I get a kill? :huh:

#312 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

-A lovely potted plant.

-A monitor playing MechFlix

-this

Edited by Taffer, 03 May 2015 - 12:40 PM.

#313 Siej

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIn your base, drinking your coffee.

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:57 PM

• Hanging item: pistol in holster on belt, or variation in various items here from canteens to weapons.
  • Standing item: Back-up/ceremonial weapon mounted to the dash (pistol, sword, axe, rifle, whip, book of insults, warhammer, knife, there are literally so many options here you could probably make new ones for a couple years.)
  • Standing item: twerking urbie seems a bit far fetched but a variation in the bobbly theme would work even it only just bounces. I believe it might be called a [butt] volcano, but I'm at the shaking my cane at kids age, not the doing the latest dances age, and it all confuses me.
  • Less beer and more liquor. A snifter of brown would work. Cigar in an ashtray was mentioned and seems appropriate as well. Smoke coming off it would be even better, similar to the coffee mugs.
  • A shrunken head or skull for the more morose of us.
  • A case with some medals displayed
  • Wallet with c-bills sticking out.
  • Picture/poster is mentioned several times.
  • A tasteful pin-up.
  • Model Rocket
  • Lava lamp (or is there one already?)
  • Fuzzy Dice
  • Drawing by a toddler (like on the refridgerator)
  • That bird that tilts back and forth
That's it for now..

#314 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

There is a lava lamp, but the one we have looks like crap. They should HD it.

#315 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:56 PM

I always thought that in addition to the Hula Girl, a figurine of Candice Liao would be easy on the eyes to look at in-game (not to mention sexy)

And let us face it, there just are not all that much Liao items.

Edited by Leif Tanner, 03 May 2015 - 07:15 PM.

#316 FIRESTORM91

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

a 3D hologram or model (kind of like the 3050 hologram or statues) that mimics the movement and damage of your mech. It would also reflect your current loadout and fire the weapons you fire (out to some distance so that it doesn't get in the way of your vision). The hologram/model would change based on the mech it's mounted in and have that mechs current color scheme. It wouldn't render nearby mechs or objects, so it won't have any gameplay benefits.

#317 045

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 59 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:46 PM

A small picture, taped to the console. The user can upload a photo of their choice to the be the contents of this picture.

Alternately: A Jagermech specific warhorn that yells "JAGER-BOMB!" whenever the player gets a kill. Mounted in a mech other than Jagermech it says "You're trying too hard".

#318 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

View PostStrykewolf, on 03 May 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

An odometer would be mildly amusing.

^^^ This would be awesome :D

#319 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:02 PM

1) Mounted police lights (you'd make Bishop happy for an item that would further make his "deputy dawg" a step closer to reality)

2) If you could ever license it, a potato battery that throws random GLaDOS insults at you would be an instant purchase for me (yeah, I know, but a guy can dream)

3) A rearview mirror (whether or not it truly showed what was behind you

4) Various dog breed statues (A Shiba with headphones would be awfully shiny...just sayin')

5) A an animated running wolf statue

6) A dashboard item that makes party horn sounds and launches confetti when you score a kill

7) A Betty Page-style pinup poster featuring Natasha Kerensky (admit it, you know it would sell)

8) DEFINITELY working monitors

Edited by Gallowglas, 03 May 2015 - 08:59 PM.

#320 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:03 PM

"Serious cockpit items"... Well, this might actually come across as disqualified maybe even more-so a pun of all things. I can only imagine the scale of how much serious is serious.

Clanberry sauce for a thanksgiving event. Or just have ordinary cranberries instead, that's cool too.

Or how about a swear jar full of coins. For all the hard times of tears and frustration.

There's also the possibility toy race car, Hotwheels as an example. So that you can feel 1 KPH faster.

A ukulele... 'cause why not?

Edited by Livaria, 03 May 2015 - 06:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users