A poster of the Cattlemaster

Posted Image

#324 Lanceafer

• PipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:34 PM

I did not read all 15 pages so I apologize if its already been suggested. How about some of the stuff that is mentioned in the books. A couple I remember are

Wolf head belt buckle and side arm (I know that must have been mentioned one hundred times.)

Pick teddy bear

I think they called it a mech token or something. When a pilot got their first kill they took a small piece as a good luck charm.

I also remember the military academies having a sash that was given to the graduates.

A scrap of paper that has a few mech silhouette with X's on some and one or two left like a hit list. Another option would be a list of faction logos, all clan, all IS.

*edit*
I will gladly make any of these for you as long as you let me know the poly count and texture size, or any of the cockpit items for that matter.

Edited by Lanceafer, 03 May 2015 - 06:49 PM.

#325 ExArcK

Rookie

• Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

As I haven't looked everywhere yet in the thread - it is 17 pages, after all - I can't be sure my idea(s) haven't come up, yet. However, I would certain suggest the following:

1. A Star chart.
The chart can be either a static display (Either a hanging/mounted one), or as I envision, a standing Star Chart, that is, in fact, animated. How so, you might inquire? Imagine a full, 3D representation, in the shape of an orb, of the the universe we're in. Or, if you prefer, even a "Hologram" animation, that displays the video above the light shimmer on the base. Either way, you can have it sparkle, and maybe gently move around in 3D, and/or even have it display the faction space on it (either in real time, or just a static version of the CW layout).

2. Standing mount of Faction (IS or Clan) emblem. Rather than a banner, or like the stain glass hanging, make the those medallion ones, as a standing mount. Or rather, something similar, a larger one, obviously than the tiny hanging ones, with a base on it (That has an engraved image/print of that factions most recognizable mech emblazoned on it - thats on the base, with the Faction Emblem, sort of a large, colored, medallion/stained class styled piece above, attached to the base).

3. A Clan Blood Spirit medallion (or like that standing base object i mention above) would be cool. Also maybe a ComStar Emblem/Medallion thing either hanging or on a standing base.

4. Family photo, or image of a lover. Some kind of Battletech inspired Robot Jocks-esque 80's kind of "futuristic" photo frame. Maybe partially made out of gilded metal and some tech (Generic catchall image, or one you can add yourself?, or a male/female choice if possible, since you know, there's both sexes playing this game, after all).

5. Personal Affects. I've seen comments about pistol and general issue weapon or blades on the dash. However, what about real personal affects, that a Battletech pilot "might" have. Whether it be a generic kind of set of personal affects, or items that are, at least, in part affected by their faction, would be pretty cool. Like Pilot mementos from combat or training or something.

6. An item which shows your Rank Insignia. Either as a solid object (like the medallions/stained glass items), or as a digital representation - Either as a 3D hologram, or Digital image that shows up on a small screen-like object. It can both state the name of the rank, as well as show the insignia. Could be color-coded or not.

7. High tech and low tech inspired Goggles/range finders.
Or Glasses/shades

8. Piloting tech headset.

9. War Propaganda - paper or digital pamphlets, or poster of some kind

10. Like everyone else said - having those monitors working would be nice. Having them display enemy mech info, even if it's actual FLUFF info, would be nice. Fluff info about the map or the world you're on, as well as stuff pertinent to you - such as showing you where your weapons are attached on your mech. With visual reference.

Edited by ExArcK, 03 May 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#326 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:11 PM

Only thing I can think of is: Statues of each House and Clan, similar to banners, only in statue format. With the House/Clan Name beneath each on a pedestal.

#327 Trainee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:46 PM

Etch a sketch that you can draw on, or counts up your kills II, III, IIII etc.

#328 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:13 PM

Back to the future Delorean
Posted Image

#329 plural boink

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:40 PM

A manual navigation computer. Something like what pilots used back in the days when gps was restricted.

The CRP-5 or E6B are some examples.

CRP-5
Posted Image

E6B
Posted Image

Theyre used to calculate distances, speed, time to target/waypoint, conversions, and drift, if i remembered right.

#330 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:44 PM

A monitor that displays 'AUTO DETECT ( NO )' available in standing mounted and hanging options.

#331 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:56 PM

How bout showing your faction capital some support! (With a hologram of it)

Posted Image

P.S. Please forgive the bad cut n paste art lol threw a draft together in 5 mins. But I like it!

Edited by Omaha, 03 May 2015 - 11:05 PM.

#332 oldsnakecrow

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:41 PM

a set of standing holovid hanging medalions mounted warhorns for pugs or merc companies

#333 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

Why don't we have a "hologram globe of Terra"?

#334 John Werner

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPaderborn, Germany

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:43 AM

DMG-Counter which displays the dmg you did so far in the Match

A Monitor with Rear-View-Function

And yes, i would pay much MC for that!!!

Edited by John Werner, 04 May 2015 - 01:45 AM.

#335 Templar 14

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:32 AM

How about an Elvis Presley bobble head that says "Thank you very much" in an Elvis stylee when you get a kill!

#336 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:58 AM

A Homer Simpsopn warhorn calling his doh!

#337 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:07 AM

A test tube rack with the name 'Daryl, age 3' on a plaque.

#338 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:09 AM

A rotating hologram of a planet, specifically the one you're on, with tactical information on the surface and possibly with positions of orbiting ships marked. Have the image change depending on the map you drop on. It doesn't affect gameplay, but would be useful to an actual mechwarrior drop commander.

#339 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:17 AM

Updatable small political map of Inner Sphere.

#340 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:34 AM

Hi, I don't know if it has been suggested but a standing cockpit item of a mech with eyes that light up when you register an enemy mech, perhaps in red, if you score a kill they turn blue then back to red if there are enemies around, as your team is always blue and the enemy is always red it would be appropriate, this item would only work if the enemy is on your mini map it would not conflict with any other module equipped by the enemy so if they are under an ECM umbrella it would not show them and give an unfair advantage to you as it is only for fun.
The mech could be a generic Clan mech for Clan and a generic I.S. mech I.S. or it could be just a mechs head.
Thanks.

Edited by ATTAKHAN666, 04 May 2015 - 06:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users