• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:52 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 03 May 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

im timing out finding games in solo que lol

I missed reading your posts, you must have been gone during final exams time?

#104 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:53 PM

Can't be helped if everyone got burnt out. Especially the Clans! We fought twice as many games as any IS pilot, and so we fought twice as hard too, spending long hours holding the lines when there weren't enough players to cover all nodes. And immediately after the event they reset the map too.

I bet a lot of people are feeling, "We did it, we changed lore history, now I'm gonna not care about Mechwarrior for a couple weeks and get caught up IN REAL LIFE." That's how I feel right now anyways.

Give it time and people will return in the next week or so. I mean heck, we've got another wave of Clan & Resistance mechs incoming...

#105 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:54 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 03 May 2015 - 10:35 PM, said:

and if you would take the time to look you would know PGi is working on 4v4 and 8v8 for CW that will help out solo players and small groups. but you just come on here and *****.

i don't come here and *****. I'm just stating facts. CW "right now" is dead, and it was all the time. They have like what, 13% of the playerbase playing it? That was the number they stated iirc, That's not even close to what you need to get acceptable matchmaking times.
They are "now" reacting to a problem that was predictable before CW was even released.
Do you remember how hard the 8 man (and later 12 man queue) failed? Literally no one was playing it. You couldn't call it a ghosttown because not even ghosts were there.

I'm not saying CW can't be revived. Well, reborn would be the better word. But they designed it in a way that was bound to fail. They realized it and are now working on a way to fix it. If they can fix it is a thing that time will tell. And lets be honest. Even with the new pace after IGP was gone we all know how fast PGI is working on things.

Once again, i don't come here to *****. I played no game more than MWO during the last 3 years and i will continue playing it. I love this game. But CW failed from the beginning and it was foreseeable.
I just don't wear rose tinted glasses when looking at my favorite game.

#106 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:08 PM

Not gonna read more than a page of this crap.

Look, people are tired after grinding a week of CW. It was some of the best fun in MWO history, but they had to catch up with their wives, kids, families, real life. And also, don't forget, it's spring, and the weather throughout North America is wonderful.

It's not the game, people. People are a little pooped form the Tukayyid marathon, and it's spring! That's all. If you can't see the good in the game, turn off the damned computer and go for a walk among the wildflowers.

#107 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 03 May 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

I missed reading your posts, you must have been gone during final exams time?

yeah i just didn't get on here lol

View Postmeteorol, on 03 May 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

i don't come here and *****. I'm just stating facts. CW "right now" is dead, and it was all the time. They have like what, 13% of the playerbase playing it? That was the number they stated iirc, That's not even close to what you need to get acceptable matchmaking times.
They are "now" reacting to a problem that was predictable before CW was even released.
Do you remember how hard the 8 man (and later 12 man queue) failed? Literally no one was playing it. You couldn't call it a ghosttown because not even ghosts were there.

I'm not saying CW can't be revived. Well, reborn would be the better word. But they designed it in a way that was bound to fail. They realized it and are now working on a way to fix it. If they can fix it is a thing that time will tell. And lets be honest. Even with the new pace after IGP was gone we all know how fast PGI is working on things.

Once again, i don't come here to *****. I played no game more than MWO during the last 3 years and i will continue playing it. I love this game. But CW failed from the beginning and it was foreseeable.
I just don't wear rose tinted glasses when looking at my favorite game.

i find CW games faster then i find them in normal ques

#108 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:23 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 03 May 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

It's kinda sad what passes for a troll on the MWO forums these days.

These days? MWO was perfectly mean and caustic back in the day as well or do you forget when they in fact removed the general forums in order to nerf the anger and QQ. In fact the forums are nicer than they were several years ago and when NKVA posts largely more entertaining.

#109 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

last week over 15,000 people played CW, those on the IS side who were not in 12man groups faced wait times of 10-40 minutes, 3,000 of the more determined players got in 40+ games. I suspect people are burned out on CW, it may be a few weeks before the population recovers to its before Tukyyid levels, but it is far from dead

#110 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:29 PM

Then they could make an invasion or defend mode for casual player....i don't care on conquering planets.

I just want to play. It would work the same way as a normal game....if you select it, then you select 4 damn mechs and play....simple as that.

In Pug queue we would see more diversity, we might see predominant mechs but with a lot of different built....because i guess thats its not everyone that love to play Meta mechs or Meta configs...

#111 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:31 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 03 May 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

These days? MWO was perfectly mean and caustic back in the day as well or do you forget when they in fact removed the general forums in order to nerf the anger and QQ. In fact the forums are nicer than they were several years ago and when NKVA posts largely more entertaining.

"These days" means I'm talking about right now. As in the trolls that exist at present are sad and ineffective compared to the ones we had in beta.

I think you misunderstood my post.

And yeah, I remember the forum being "reorganized" as well as all the butt-rage it spawned.

#112 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostAugustus Martelus II, on 03 May 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

Then they could make an invasion or defend mode for casual player....i don't care on conquering planets.

I just want to play. It would work the same way as a normal game....if you select it, then you select 4 damn mechs and play....simple as that.

In Pug queue we would see more diversity, we might see predominant mechs but with a lot of different built....because i guess thats its not everyone that love to play Meta mechs or Meta configs...

There is a reason some maps and game modes are exclusive to CW. If PGI placed each and every map and game mode of CW in the public queues, then non 12-man groups will have an almost impossible time filling their ranks. We just do not have the numbers for such a thing. As such, it would be stupid for PGI to do so.

Besides, not everyone brings so-called "meta" mechs into CW. I myself currently bring 3 Ice Ferrets, with a Dire Wolf as filler. I'm leveling all 4 of them in CW itself. :o

People talk as if PUG groups constantly face top notch 12-mans and only top notch 12-mans. I can assure you it's highly exaggerated, which causes me to question the real motives of players saying so. And yes, some groups are a bunch of *******. But that comes in any online game.

FYI, I only drop solo and always have. I can't be the only solo-only player having fun.

Edited by Mystere, 03 May 2015 - 11:47 PM.

#113 3CLIPZ3

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:50 PM

I do not post much on the forums but I will say this. People first said CW would never come but now it's here and it can only grow from that. 80% of my games are CW based and I am only 100k LP from Galaxy Commander 2 just to give you an idea how much CW experience I have. I agree that the reason why CW is dead outside of events is there is no real incentive besides Cbills and the grinded rewards of LP's. If PGI is successful in taking CW to even a fraction of what "Phase 3" was suppose to be, CW will be an entirely different game. I decided to invest my time into this game back when I heard of Phase 3 and seeing that this game would become something like EVE Online (without all the waiting) and it could be a major hit.

I still believe in CW, and all it takes is for them to add benefits for owning planets and then units will aggressively push to earn them, meanwhile everyone will naturally jump in and then boom, CW is active. I witness every night when the CW que is dead, it's quite amazing how a 12-man in the attack que can quickly stir the numbers. People log into MWO, check the CW que, it's dead, they regular pug drop. If even 12+ are on attack, they join in CW. Then cycle repeats and before you know it, the que grows. It is true CW is empty because CW is empty. CW is still a baby, let's give it more time.

There are so many little things they can change that would fix the current CW problems too like gen rushing, spawn camping, they are not big problems.

Edited by 3CLIPZ3, 04 May 2015 - 12:23 AM.

#114 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:52 PM

View PostMystere, on 03 May 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

There is a reason some maps and game modes are exclusive to CW. If PGI placed each and every map and game mode of CW in the public queues, then non 12-man groups will have an almost impossible time filling their ranks. We just do not have the numbers for such a thing. As such, it would be stupid for PGI to do so.

So you're basically saying that, given the choice, most people would choose to not play against large organized groups? So the correct response is to not give them that choice?

#115 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:05 AM

View PostStrykewolf, on 03 May 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

After 60-some battles this last event; sorta burned myself out on CW for a bit. Taking a wee break and just fartin' around in public solo queues.

Yep same, pretty much most units i see are just chilln in pub que atm, was a big week of cw last week.

#116 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:59 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 03 May 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

are you so sad you need Elo to have a good time?

As always, your comments reveal a problem with reading.

Go back to your homework. No dinner until you are done with it.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 04 May 2015 - 01:01 AM.

#117 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:17 AM

Well, week of hellish grinding burned out some, others have something else to do than sitting on computer when summer comes etc.
And don't underestimate pugs. Even when running a 12-man if you crash into FRR-puggroup, you need to run for your money. It's just matter of one person to take command, and even if he/she is atleast half good at it, it's a gamechanger.

Edited by VXJaeger, 04 May 2015 - 01:28 AM.

#118 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:21 AM

CW is nothing more than "respawn mode". A lot people have gotten very tired of it.

rinse and repeat. Yawn.

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 04 May 2015 - 01:22 AM.

#119 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:02 AM

If I had a cbill for every time stuff slows down for a few days and that cbill was awarded by someone screaming the sky is falling I could buy a star worth of direwolves...

I can say from CGBI side that we have gone back to working with our touman. A lot of our resources get put in to training Sibkin and Warriors. We also have a lot of fun in private matches. I agree with the above post (not sure who or #) we had a week of events and it is spring. Most players have lives outside of MWO, and as such are now catching up. I know my wife was groaning at me the last couple days when I logged in at night. Had to make up for it with spending more time this week with her and flowers. Who does not like flowers, plus it springs up the dining room.

#120 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:21 AM

This thread repeats itself in many iterations. Perhaps people are burnt out but also CW itself is burnt out

We have 5 CW maps now but the tactic is the same. Drop, defend or rush the gates, defend or rush the gens to get the gun. Unless you have no opposing team. Then you get REALLY bad cheese in attacking landers or static turrets.

I know SOME devs read these threads. Some even respond and post. I can also accept the argument that Russ is really busy building the game and does not have time to respond.

But when the primary means of a programing team to respond to the gamers who pay the bills is via an external twitter account or via random online "town hall meetings" something is lost.

There are some REALLY talented gamers here who truly wish to help. Map design, game mode concepts, ect ect. However it seems they just are ignored. Not baiting the white knights in here or trolling the black knights. I just would like to see the devs honestly listen and work with the community.

Ideas about public created maps which are then moved to the testing server. Let the gamers play the heck out of them there. Good ones with no obvious flaws or cheats get moved to the regular rotation. Game mods like huge maps with "beacons" way out that offer bonuses to the team that reach and control them. LIke overhead sats that show the enemy team on the mini map. Or turrets back at the main base that only open and serve the controlling side. Bases themselves that are more than just a giant gun. Hangers, Space Control Towers, Runways, Ammo Bunkers. Instead a "gen" to be destroyed there is a percentage scale of how much the attackers took vs the defenders held.

In time they say steam is coming to MWO. If things are not improved and changed I honestly do not believe many steamers will stick around.

I bought the R2 pack as I want MWO to continue. But things have to improve.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users