#81 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 03 May 2015 - 07:52 PM, said:

said like a true tryhard

by try hard you mean a better player then you.... they yes thank you for the complement

Edited by hybrid black, 03 May 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#82 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:31 PM

said like a true tryhard

People who complain about tryhards tend to be the ones screaming NERF after they get slaughtered in their XL stalkers

#83 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

said like a true tryhard

Ha Ha. If make you feel any better, what he really mean to say is, they like challenge of lose 48-4 and timer scam in shame.

#84 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 03 May 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

im in MercStar and 90% of my drops are with 4 or less players, by choice we like the challenge of beating 12 mans with 4 people and i would say we win 75% of the games.... maybe its just you

Is that why I encountered an MS 9-man? Well, I sure hope they were not expecting seals, because my seals bit back. I bit off and added more MS limbs to my collection. And no, your pals are not getting those back either. :P

<All kidding aside, It was a good fight that ran down the timer. The PUG group I was in was counterattacking and we lost 47-36(?).>

#85 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:46 PM

View PostMystere, on 03 May 2015 - 08:42 PM, said:

Is that why I encountered an MS 9-man? Well, I sure hope they were not expecting seals, because my seals bit back. I bit off and added more MS limbs to my collection. And no, your pals are not getting those back either. :P

&lt;All kidding aside, It was a good fight that ran down the timer. The PUG group I was in was counterattacking and we lost 47-36(?).&gt;

I said i play in small groups not that MercStar does

#86 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:49 PM

I am going to take a swing here and say, this is a long standing issue with trust between players and PGI. Long ago, Paul Inouye said this game was being designed to be 100% FIRST PERSON ONLY. Now? they have this insipid drone that can go behind you and give you third person view. This was an insult to those of us <more than 3000 strong some years ago now> that absolutely did not want it. They added it anyway. A lot of us left because of that. I am one of those who left. PGI has done some things over the years to keep this game being what it could be. I just returned and from what ive seen, its improved some, gone down hill in others. CW was a HUGE dream for those of us who have been here before closed beta <myself included> and well, its just meh. Heck, back when closed beta was a thing, the 1-1 time frame they advertised was really neat, we expected clans to be a thing in very short order, under 1 year in fact from when closed beta was a thing. Clans did not happen for what 2 years? oh well, still have hope.

#87 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:30 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 03 May 2015 - 08:46 PM, said:

I said i play in small groups not that MercStar does

I was trying to say you guys are fun to fight with. :huh:

#88 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostMystere, on 03 May 2015 - 09:30 PM, said:

I was trying to say you guys are fun to fight with. :huh:

oh well thank you then

#89 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 03 May 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

Long ago, Paul Inouye said this game was being designed to be 100% FIRST PERSON ONLY. Now? they have this insipid drone that can go behind you and give you third person view ...

Let it go. As it turned out, it was not such a big deal. PGI can even improve on it if they wanted to.

#90 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:41 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 03 May 2015 - 08:29 PM, said:

by try hard you mean a better player then you.... they yes thank you for the complement

I've never played against you, to my knowledge. You may well be a better player.

But if you think being good at a video game increases your value as a human being, you may want to reevaluate your life choices.

View PostYokaiko, on 03 May 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

People who complain about tryhards tend to be the ones screaming NERF after they get slaughtered in their XL stalkers

I generally consider tryhards to be people who think winning is the only way to have fun in a video game. They also tend to tell people how good they are at said game, and look down on anyone not on "their level".

Also I don't own an XL stalker. Good try though.

#91 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:44 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 03 May 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

I've never played against you, to my knowledge. You may well be a better player.

But if you think being good at a video game increases your value as a human being, you may want to reevaluate your life choices.

I generally consider tryhards to be people who think winning is the only way to have fun in a video game. They also tend to tell people how good they are at said game, and look down on anyone not on "their level".

Also I don't own an XL stalker. Good try though.

i don't think it increases my value as a human being and think anyone that gets there self worth from a game is slightly pathetic, i just use this as a way to have fun, **** talk is fun and apart of anything from professional sports so kids on the play ground.

#92 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:00 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 03 May 2015 - 09:44 PM, said:

i don't think it increases my value as a human being and think anyone that gets there self worth from a game is slightly pathetic, i just use this as a way to have fun, **** talk is fun and apart of anything from professional sports so kids on the play ground.

Generally **** talk is used when speaking to someone who thinks highly or boasts of their skills in a game. You use it to challenge them.

When you **** talk to someone who is discouraged because his friends no longer play a game that they really enjoy, you just sound like a jerk.

Edited by Caustic Canid, 03 May 2015 - 10:00 PM.

#93 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 03 May 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

Generally **** talk is used when speaking to someone who thinks highly or boasts of their skills in a game. You use it to challenge them.

When you **** talk to someone who is discouraged because his friends no longer play a game that they really enjoy, you just sound like a jerk.

i am a jerk, everyone knows that here.. but i only mess with people that cry/*****

#94 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:08 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 03 May 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

i am a jerk, everyone knows that here.. but i only mess with people that cry/*****

It's kinda sad what passes for a troll on the MWO forums these days.

#95 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:09 PM

View PostMystere, on 03 May 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

Let it go. As it turned out, it was not such a big deal. PGI can even improve on it if they wanted to.

why should i let it go? It used to be, when a lead designer of a game said that a feature was NOT going to be there, and then one of his underlings undercuts and says, oh yes it is. That is bad PR. pure and simple. it is one of a few reasons I was gone so long. Having SEEN 3PV, it looks wonderfully limited, so much so as to be 100% useless, something for which I am beyond greatly glad for. However, make no mistake Mystere, what was done, was bait and switch. It would be like going to a car dealership, finding your dream car, getting it all set up the way you like, paying for it, then, upon delivery, there is a feature you were 100% against, say, a tape deck. Yes, I know, not an apples to apples comparison, but, follow me on this. You never wanted that tape deck, but, guess what, they added it, even after saying they wouldnt. Would you not be angry at them for that? I would. and for 3PV I am still mystified as to why it was added, when, at the time, it was clear more of us did NOT want it than did. I am just hoping that one of their pillars, core pillars mind you is still intact. Pilot SKILL, not his or her real world bank roll makes the difference. I am STILL skeptical about what looks like pay to win <ie hero mechs>

#96 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 03 May 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

It's kinda sad what passes for a troll on the MWO forums these days.

not even trolling just letting you know.

#97 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:16 PM

I think if 6 man groups or 4 man groups were the maximum in CW (excluding when a unit is defending a planet their unit holds, 12 man is okay then).

This would decrease seal clubbing, increase MM time for all players overall, and becomes more lone wolf friendly.

The majority of the playerbase are lone wolfs and there is nothing wrong with that. But CW as we know is harsh to smaller groups, units, and singular players.

I think having a que with large groups common (4-6 man groups) and small groups (1-4 man groups) would be good for CW and in times of hard MM small acceptions occur.

#98 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:28 PM

Here is the thing. CW was pretty much stillborn from the first second on. Events like last week are just convulsions, but they can't veil the fact that it's pretty much dead.

CW needs many players, but it caters to a tiny part of an already small playerbase. It's a mind-boggling contrast, and i have no idea how anyone could think this would work.

And no, i don't think 80 players across all planets during a weeks evening and waiting times of 30min to get a single match is a "working" gamemonde.

#99 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:35 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 03 May 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

Here is the thing. CW was pretty much stillborn from the first second on. Events like last week are just convulsions, but they can't veil the fact that it's pretty much dead.

CW needs many players, but it caters to a tiny part of an already small playerbase. It's a mind-boggling contrast, and i have no idea how anyone could think this would work.

And no, i don't think 80 players across all planets during a weeks evening and waiting times of 30min to get a single match is a "working" gamemonde.

and if you would take the time to look you would know PGi is working on 4v4 and 8v8 for CW that will help out solo players and small groups. but you just come on here and *****.

#100 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:35 PM

group que is empty to, same 24 people last 4 matches in a row lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users